Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Deletion factory motorola handset ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 10:38 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys,

I am a french BMW driver ans I live in Paris.
A friend gave me your internet website because I bought a BMW 530D year 2004 (E61) and I have a huge issue with the bluetooth of my car. I have got on it the GPS Professional version and the factory motorola handset.

I try to connect my mobile phone sony ericson K750i.
Ater the process on I-Drive I can see that my mobile phone is fixed on the list of the phones twin, but I can not use the Sony Ericson. When I want to start my cellular with communication option on I-drive, I said me "Insert SIM card"

I went to the french BMW dealer, and guy explained me that I can not use other phone except the factory motorola handset. Also the guy confirmed me that my car doesn't accept other bluetooth phone because my BMW have got the first version of bluetooth option.

Please anybody could help me on the issue?
I can not understand why my car which have got the bluetooth option on the i-drive (found my cellular so) could not be update or other else.

My friend said me that on this forum users confirmed that we could do a suppression of the factory motorola handset?

Thanks for your help, and sorry my english is not still very well but I am working on the good way... I hope
Old 01-29-2010, 03:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

First of all, welcome to the board.

One of the issues I believe is that the Motorola phone does not operate under the BT connection. It us hardwired into the telematics system. If my memory serves me correctly, you cannot have both the Motorola phone and Bluetooth active simultaneously. I cannot comment on your dealer's advice regarding BT in your car as I am unsure of what the TCU in the European E61's was capable of in 2004.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:35 AM
Members

Originally Posted by ademitt
First of all, welcome to the board.

One of the issues I believe is that the Motorola phone does not operate under the BT connection. It us hardwired into the telematics system. If my memory serves me correctly, you cannot have both the Motorola phone and Bluetooth active simultaneously. I cannot comment on your dealer's advice regarding BT in your car as I am unsure of what the TCU in the European E61's was capable of in 2004.

Ademitt, first one thanks for the answer
I understand that in Europe is possible to have different configuration regarding using of BT connection.
However, what I can not understand is why, if effectively I have to use only the factory motorola handset, my cellular was paired with BT system (but not possible to use the phone fixed on the list of BT)

I am waiting eventualy a answer of other members of the board to collect the mawimum of information regarding my first issue : Deletion factory motorola handset.
Thanks to you
Old 02-07-2010, 12:17 PM
Members

Nobody could help me ?
Old 02-27-2010, 08:30 AM
Members

I have the same problem
xixi
Old 03-07-2010, 10:45 AM
Members

I have the same problem. I have a E61 10/2004. When I had the car in for a service I asked them to see if it helped with an update. It didnt. They even tried to remove the motorola phone and adapter from the car. Still asking for a SIM.
The only telephone that can be used is the motorola, as far as i know.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:43 AM
Members

Originally Posted by JorgenT
I have the same problem. I have a E61 10/2004. When I had the car in for a service I asked them to see if it helped with an update. It didnt. They even tried to remove the motorola phone and adapter from the car. Still asking for a SIM.
The only telephone that can be used is the motorola, as far as i know.
Same issue for me. The only thing I can imagine that could work is replacing the "TCU" with a newer version or replacing it with an ULF

more info about TCU / ULF
Old 03-27-2010, 07:24 AM
Members

Having the same issues. I think I will take the chance a buy a used TCU off Ebay and see where it goes. Will keep you posted on the progress
Old 04-09-2010, 06:24 AM
Members

Hi all,

Just received a used TCU from Germany via Ebay (?87 incl post); it came from a 2007 E60 (pre-LCI). Plug and play in the trunk. Works like a charm. Also removed the motorola OEM handset - no use anymore.

I was able to pair and use
- iPhone 3g
- my new HTC Desire
- Blackberry 9700

When I start the car, I do get an error "SOS cannot be used" and also I have not yet managed to sync a phonebook, as i have about 1000 numbers in there.

I have bluetooth!!!!!

Liam
Old 04-12-2010, 10:21 AM
Members

There is a known issue with some of the early TCUs that came in cars with the Motorola handset. Essentially, whilst they do have Bluetooth (which is used for communication between the handset and the SIM) it's not designed to connect to other phones. I had the same thing on a 2004 645. You will be able to pair the mobile phone and it will show up in the phone list, but you can't actually use it to make or receive calls.

Strangely, my 2003 545i has no problems connecting to phones, so I think it was only an issue if you had the option that came with the Moto handset... Cars with Bluetooth but no handset seem to be fine.

Quick Reply: Deletion factory motorola handset ??