Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Default BMW E60 MULF...Programming/Coding? Replacement Unit Fitted...No Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 02:05 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 30d, E39 35i
Model Year: 2004, 2001
Engine: M57n
Default Default BMW E60 MULF...Programming/Coding? Replacement Unit Fitted...No Bluetooth

So my I-drive was flicking on/off intermittently and turns out the MULF unit was fried, so unplugged it and all worked well bar loss of cd changer and Bluetooth (BT)

Bought a replacement, swapped out and everything’s working normal again bar BT….i can see menu option on idrive and its checked for 'on'…...but I can’t uncheck or pair device etc, just doesn’t do anything

My BT has was fine, prior to the MULF dying – does it need coding or something again? Is it the aerial that’s knackered now?

My original MULF was a 2004 production part, 84216946393 and I have swapped to one of the superseded versions listed…part number 84106975173 (this is listed as (03/11/2005-12/04/2006), Bilaterally exchangeable according to real oem: RealOEM.com - Part Search)

I tried to go into the module on ncsexpert btw to try read the ecu trace file and it fails to perform a read or write jobby

Do i need to somehow register it? what would be the process

Didnt realise before how much i needed BT, but use it allot paired with phone for sat nav and its becomeing a bit of a pain without it

Thanks in advance for the help folks
Old 01-15-2018, 08:41 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 550i
Model Year: 2010

Originally Posted by jinsta
So my I-drive was flicking on/off intermittently and turns out the MULF unit was fried, so unplugged it and all worked well bar loss of cd changer and Bluetooth (BT)

Bought a replacement, swapped out and everything’s working normal again bar BT….i can see menu option on idrive and its checked for 'on'…...but I can’t uncheck or pair device etc, just doesn’t do anything

My BT has was fine, prior to the MULF dying – does it need coding or something again? Is it the aerial that’s knackered now?

My original MULF was a 2004 production part, 84216946393 and I have swapped to one of the superseded versions listed…part number 84106975173 (this is listed as (03/11/2005-12/04/2006), Bilaterally exchangeable according to real oem: RealOEM.com - Part Search)

I tried to go into the module on ncsexpert btw to try read the ecu trace file and it fails to perform a read or write jobby

Do i need to somehow register it? what would be the process

Didnt realise before how much i needed BT, but use it allot paired with phone for sat nav and its becomeing a bit of a pain without it

Thanks in advance for the help folks
You need icon to read/write to mull. D-can won't be able to do that, unless you know how to do it through tool32.