Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Cell phone won't disconnect

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 06:30 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone had this problem that I have nearly half the time when using my phone with bluetooth? When done with a bluetooth call through the cars audio system, and the party I talk with hangs up, the idrive/bluetooth connection won't release the call.

There is no one on the other end anymore, and I can hear a 'click' of the other phone hanging up, but the idrive display continues to show the call as if it were active, and the antenna icon still blinks, and I cannot make any other calls.

Even if I push the disconnect button on the steering wheel, I can't get the call to disconnect. I've even tried pushing this many times with no success.

Also, if I turn off the car and walk away, the idrive continues to stay lit and it acts like the call is ongoing!!!!!!!!!!!!

for the record, I have a Moto Razr v3 (and it is the second Razr which occured the same way)

Any help would be great. I think I have idrive around version 15 (I know, it isn't really that CIP number, but I don't know any more about which one/number it should be).
Old 04-19-2005, 06:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

It happened a few times with my Treo650. Not sure why. Doesn't happen enough (yet) to offset the benefit.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:49 PM
Members

I faced the same problem with my buletooth phone .. yesterday
Old 04-19-2005, 09:00 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 550i 6 Speed MT, Navigation, PDC, Cold Weather Pkg, Logic7, Prem Pkg, Sport Pkg, Active Steering, Comfort Seats, Comfort Access, HUD, Alpine White on Black Dakota & a Big Grin ;-) <---- On the vessel from Germany... ******** '05 545i 6 Speed MT, Navigation, PDC, Cold Weather Pkg, Logic7, Prem Pkg, Sport Pkg, UUC EVOIII SSK, Silver Gray on Black Dakota..... (Buy back by BMW NA)

Originally Posted by Memotronic' date='Apr 19 2005, 11:49 PM
I faced the same problem with my buletooth phone .. yesterday
[snapback]117414[/snapback]

I have a V3, I actually encountered a similar situation couple of times, but unlike you, I could make another call, the other call did hang up and the stereo resumed playing, Just the counter kept counting as if the call was still on..

Nothing major though...
Old 04-19-2005, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Gadgets' date='Apr 20 2005, 12:00 AM
[quote name='Memotronic' date='Apr 19 2005, 11:49 PM']I faced the same problem with my buletooth phone .. yesterday
[snapback]117414[/snapback]

I have a V3, I actually encountered a similar situation couple of times, but unlike you, I could make another call, the other call did hang up and the stereo resumed playing, Just the counter kept counting as if the call was still on..

Nothing major though...
[snapback]117418[/snapback]
[/quote]

this is nothing major but I guess this is just something we've learned to accept with the iDrive.

When it gets stuck like that what I do is disconnect the bluetooth and then reconnect. Pain in the ass if you ask me.

BTW: this only happens to me when I am talking to someone and someone else calls me.
Old 04-19-2005, 10:57 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i, Black on black. 6spd MT, Nav, sports package.

Happens to me sometimes too. I have a v600. I just pull out my cell phone and push the end button and it disconnects.

My car often has the opposite problem too.. When I am calling a cell phone, and they don't answer, it often just hangs up before going into the person's voicemail. I hate that.
Old 04-20-2005, 03:29 AM
Senior Members

I try to disconnect with the end button on the steering wheel, but most of the time nothing happens.

Does anyone know if later versions of the car's software improve on this?

Iceman, you must know this one....
Old 04-20-2005, 03:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by gdavis' date='Apr 20 2005, 07:29 AM
I try to disconnect with the end button on the steering wheel, but most of the time nothing happens.

Does anyone know if later versions of the car's software improve on this?

Iceman, you must know this one....
[snapback]117560[/snapback]

================================================== =
Ok, please excuse me, but I am new at this cell phone e60 thing, but are you using the BMW OEM entire cell phone set, which includes their special e60 ($1.98) BMW chip that goes inside the Motorola cell phone, that requires: The BMW dealers Master "Brain Technician" (Jk LOL), to install to the cell then to our iDrive for recognition?

R. Eddie Presley
Old 04-20-2005, 04:01 AM
Senior Members

No, I'm using a Motorola V3 Razr which is fully bluetooth compatible, and you do not need to buy a phone through BMW to use the bluetooth feature.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:37 AM
Senior Members

It happens to me too. I use both Siemens S65 and SE T630 and there are times when the other party has already hung up, the bluetooth system did not detect it. Using the iDrive to disconnect seemed to be the only logical solution.

Also I have not found a way to continue a conversation on the mobile phone after I switch off ignition - the bluetooth system presumes that I would still continue the conversation in the car! I tried getting out and locking the car, the other party could still "talk" to the empty car and the conversation did not "transfer over", anybody has this experience?

Quick Reply: Cell phone won't disconnect