Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

CAR TELEPHONE

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 12:14 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530i, Steptronic 6, Silver Gray, Black Dakota leather, Anthracite wood, Premium pkg, Sport pkg, Cold Weather pkg, Premium Sound, pro nav, Active Steering, Park Distance, folding rear seats.
Arrow

I HAVE OPTION 639 USA/CND (MOBILE PHONE PREPARATION)

I WAS TOLD BY A DEALER THAT THERE IS NO POSSIBILITY FOR A MOBILE PHONE IN USA E60'S, UNLESS I HAVE A DEALER INSTALL A COMPLETE BLUETOOTH KIT, WHICH COST ABOUT $2000.00 PARTS AND LABOR.

IS THIS TRUE?

IF NOT.

WHAT ARE THE OPTIONS?
Old 03-14-2004, 04:08 AM
Members

Dealer may not have told you correct. Bluetooth is not currently available in the US but you have the following options.

1. CPT 9000 which if you buy today is the thicker sized Motorola V60s that has built in speakerphone and voice dialing for the handset when not plugged in). You have to plug it into the eject box for I-drive integration which has been on backorder for months but is now in. Had mine installed this past week and it works great. Believe phone+box+install is around $1200 but I have been complaining about this so much for months I got mine about $300 off. I took a BMW bulletin I found on roadfly message board that showed an install time of 1 hour and I held them to that for the install fee. Actually took them all day and they tried to charge me for 4 hours of programming. Don't believe that will last at the lower price.

2. Older CPT9000 which is the thinner v60 without built-in speakerphone. They have eject boxes in stock.

3. Have seen some reports where some people have used a regular V60 non BMW phone and it works. I cannot verify but you still have to pay for the eject box and installation which even though the car is prewiredd they claim that they have to reprogram. I have even heard some dealers have threatend that this use of a non BMW phone can void the warranty of the car if an electrical problem arises.

Great option but will not be cheap in any case. I went with option #1 in case anything goes wrong I take it back to the dealer.

Good Luck
Old 03-14-2004, 06:50 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530i, Steptronic 6, Silver Gray, Black Dakota leather, Anthracite wood, Premium pkg, Sport pkg, Cold Weather pkg, Premium Sound, pro nav, Active Steering, Park Distance, folding rear seats.
THANKS FOR THE INFO, I'VE ALSO GOT MUNICH WORKING ON THE ISSUE AS WELL. I SHOULD HEAR SOMTHING SOON

THE GERMAN DEALERS CAN'T SEEM TO FIND OUT WHERE TO PLUG THE CRADLE IN THE CENTER CONSOLE.

THE DEALER HAS A CRADLE FOR MY SONY ERICSSON T610, BUT CLAIM THAT THERE IS NO PLACE TO CONNECT TO THE CAR.

THANKS AGAIN

ANYONE ELSE HAVE INPUT ON THIS ISSUE?
Old 03-14-2004, 11:40 PM
Guest_dv8ed

Originally Posted by Farbton' date='Mar 14 2004, 07:08 AM
Dealer may not have told you correct. Bluetooth is not currently available in the US but you have the following options.

1. CPT 9000 which if you buy today is the thicker sized Motorola V60s that has built in speakerphone and voice dialing for the handset when not plugged in). You have to plug it into the eject box for I-drive integration which has been on backorder for months but is now in. Had mine installed this past week and it works great. Believe phone+box+install is around $1200 but I have been complaining about this so much for months I got mine about $300 off.? I took a BMW bulletin I found on roadfly message board that showed an install time of 1 hour and I held them to that for the install fee. Actually took them all day and they tried to charge me for 4 hours of programming. Don't believe that will last at the lower price.

2. Older CPT9000 which is the thinner v60 without built-in speakerphone. They have eject boxes in stock.

3. Have seen some reports where some people have used a regular V60 non BMW phone and it works. I cannot verify but you still have to pay for the eject box and installation which even though the car is prewiredd they claim that they have to reprogram. I have even heard some dealers have threatend that this use of a non BMW phone can void the warranty of the car if an electrical problem arises.

Great option but will not be cheap in any case.? I went with option #1 in case anything goes wrong I take it back to the dealer.

Good Luck
LAET: Which provider are you with Cingular GSM (sim card), AT&T TDMA, Cingular TDMA, Verizon TDMA?

You have the CPT9000 with built in speakerphone?

Does your eject box have a switch to shift between thicker or smaller phones?

Mine has that switch you see on the left side to lower the connection for the eject box connection lower or higher..

Any info would be appreciated.

Old 03-15-2004, 02:00 PM
Members

Lightbulb

MY PROVIDER IS (VODAFONE D2) THIS IS A EUROPION WORLDWIDE PROVIDER

I HAVE A SONY ERICSSON T610 MOBILE PHONE W/O THE EJECT BOX,

THE DOCUMENT DISCRIBING THE FACTORY INSTALLED OPTIONS HAS (639 PREWIRING FOR MOBILE PHONE) LISTED AS BEING INSTALLED. IS THERE A HOLE SOMEWHERE FOR THE CRADLE?

INSIDE THE CENTER CONSOLE, THERE IS A LITTLE PLASTIC BOX, WHERE POSSIBLY THE EJECT COULD FIT.

THE GERMAN DEALERS SAID THE SNAP IN ADAPTER, MAY OR MAY NOT WORK, HOWEVER THEY DO SELL THE SNAP IN ADAPETER (EJECT BOX) FOR THE SONY PHONE.

THE CENTER CONSOLE HAS A SMALL HOLE (FACING THE FRONT OF THE CAR) IN THE BOTTOM PART OF THE CONSOLE, COULD THIS BE THE PLACE FOR THE EJECT BOX?

IF THE SONY EJECT BOX LOOKS ANYTHING LIKE THE ONE IN THE PHOTO, THAN PERHAPS, IT COULD WORK.
Old 03-15-2004, 02:20 PM
Senior Members

yo, Laet....

take a look over near the middle/left of your keyboard...

a key titled 'caps lock' (mayhaps different in deutsch)

try using it --- you seem to be screaming at us all

of course, screaming at BMW is what a lot of us would like to do... :-)