Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Cant pair the phone with BMW BT :(

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 11:54 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

Few days ago i have got my 2006/02 540i, German version and I was unable to pair my phone with the car With both previous 2004 525i and 2005 530dT everything was working fine...

I follow the instructions, try to search for the BT devices with the phone while iDrive menu shows "BT connectible in this menu" and a phone find no devices

A short summary:
1. 540i has a BMW assist installed (SOS button), professional Navi.
2. With the car came nokia 6230i in original BMW box and a snap-in adapter. Nokia even had pairing entry for BMW. Nevertheless, it does not pair again.
3. Tried with 3 different Nokias - E50, E60, 6230i
4. there is "T" symbol sometimes on the monitor
5. even when all the phones nearby are switched off, the car can initiate a phone call when a SOS button is pressed (big big surprise for me) - i havent waited for somebody to pick up the line...
6. iDrive menu "BT communication active" box is checked, cannot deactivate it with iDrive.

Anyone can help me to sort this out?

Thanks a lot, Egis
Old 02-03-2007, 05:17 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by slegis' post='387226' date='Feb 3 2007, 03:54 PM
Hi,

Few days ago i have got my 2006/02 540i, German version and I was unable to pair my phone with the car With both previous 2004 525i and 2005 530dT everything was working fine...

I follow the instructions, try to search for the BT devices with the phone while iDrive menu shows "BT connectible in this menu" and a phone find no devices

A short summary:
1. 540i has a BMW assist installed (SOS button), professional Navi.
2. With the car came nokia 6230i in original BMW box and a snap-in adapter. Nokia even had pairing entry for BMW. Nevertheless, it does not pair again.
3. Tried with 3 different Nokias - E50, E60, 6230i
4. there is "T" symbol sometimes on the monitor
5. even when all the phones nearby are switched off, the car can initiate a phone call when a SOS button is pressed (big big surprise for me) - i havent waited for somebody to pick up the line...
6. iDrive menu "BT communication active" box is checked, cannot deactivate it with iDrive.

Anyone can help me to sort this out?

Thanks a lot, Egis
Egis, I don't know about the German TCU but the E series Nokia mobiles do not work at all with the U.S. TCU.

Where on the monitor is the T symbol? And when you say you can initiate a phone call via the SOS button, are you sure it's not the TCU's SIM calling Assist?

From your initial description, it sounds as if the TCU is defective.

Keep us posted.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:28 AM
Members

Well, i also thought that the problem is in nokias e series, but I can not connect nokia 6230i neither - strange. moreover, 6230i cames together with the car in a original bmw box :@

T symbol is on a bottom line.

as to SOS button, it seems that there is an internal SIM card which is calling BMW Assist. I switched all external phones off, but still was able to initiate a SOS call.

I doubt if TCU is defective - the car comes straight from BMW AG in germany, it was used for 1/2 year by some bmw employee.

Egis
Old 02-21-2007, 10:59 AM
Members

OK guys, there is what BMW service people said about my problem:

1. BT/phone module is probably dead, they will make a warranty replacement;
2. They tried to solve the problem updating CIP, reseting computer etc - sometimes it helps, but not in my case. Good news - new CIP has some improvements
3. The bad - the replacement of the module (hardware) does not always help to solve the problem. The BMW service computer says : "we are currently investigating the problem..."

So meanwhile i am waiting for a call from BMW to make a BT/phone module replacement hope this will help...

Egis