Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Can this be done ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 02:51 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i 6speed

It appears that BMW cannot (in any reasonable way) offer a Bluetooth retrofit to 2004 E60 vehicles with build dates prior to 3/04.

Is there a BMW bluetooth cradle that can be hardwired (just like the CPT9000 cradle in the center armrest) so that some 2004 owners can enjoy a modern Bluetooth phone while NOT in their car, yet be able to put it in the cradle while in their E60 (as they would the CPT9000) for handsfree use ???

If the answer is yes, does anybody have part number and phone information ???
Old 12-04-2004, 09:19 PM
Members

My Ride: '08 550i, carbon black, sport package

Here is another thought. X5 owners have been able to remove the assist tcu and replace it with a bluetooth module. That module won't work in the e60 because of wiring differences (this module does not have a fiber optic connection). I had heard at my dealership that there was talk of trying to create an adaptor to allow the bluetooth module to work in the e60. This would be much cheaper than replacing the TCU. Anyone else heard of this?
Old 12-04-2004, 11:03 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Gizmo, sorry I can't answer your question but if you get a chance, please check your PM.

Thanks...
Old 12-05-2004, 05:51 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i 6speed

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Dec 5 2004, 02:03 AM
Gizmo, sorry I can't answer your question but if you get a chance, please check your PM.

Thanks...
[snapback]64873[/snapback]
Here's some additional info; let me know if you have any other questions.

The Proclip mount (no bottom flange) has a mounting peg near the top, and in middle has a hole for screw which tightens from the rear (thumbscrew).

All I did was take a metal plate and drill holes for mounting peg and screw hole. The peg protrudes through the hole and is further stabilized by a rubber washer (comes with Proclip unit). When tightened down with thumbscrew, it is solidly mounted to the Proclip device.

I used "industrial strength" velcro (any home depot etc) which adds just enough thickness at the interface between tablet DVD and mount so that there is no interference by either peg or round-head mounting screw.

I put the soft velcro in just two strips along the backside of my DVD player. Holds like a rock. The proclip unit is solidly mounted to the armrest and is going nowhere as well. I run the DVD off battery or with DC adaptor pluged into cigarette lighter. My DVD player has a built-in FM transceiver so I tune the E60 radio to appropriate frequency and its showtime (there are 2 headset outs if I dont want to listen in).

Hope this helps.
Old 12-27-2004, 09:28 PM
Members

where did you buy the proclip mount for the e60 i cant find it on the proclip website

thanx