Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Can BT pairing cause a phone to die ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 12:14 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530e G30
Model Year: 2017

On my 535d I have BT option since beginning.

I had always paired all BT phones I tried without major problems and obviously without SMS functionality that is not provided with no phones at all (except hard wired such as CPT...).
The differences in functionality are : phone book transferred or phone book not transferred.
According to my experience models that can transfer phone book quickly and flawlessly are : Motorola V3, Motorola V3i, Motorola Z3, Motorola V3xx ONLY ONCE, Samsung Z510, Nokia N73.
Bad experience on phone book transfer : Nokia E61, some LG, some Nokia
But here we are:
I bought a Motorola V3xx (very similar to V3i but UMTS such as Samsung Z510) and before the pairing procedure will finish (after both request of id code) the V3xx hanged up always ON no way to switch off trough their key.
Only way to switch off the phone was to remove battery.
After repositioning battery no way to switch it ON. ONE DEAD ( I'm still waiting repaired or new one from Motorola) .
I thought to a defective unit , it happens.
In the meantime no problem at all with my old V3i and Z510.
I bought another V3xx from a friend asking him to try a pairing together : no problem V3xx paired perfectly and his phone book (resident on his SIM) transferred.
I changed the SIM and I added a micro SD memory (1G : the phone was perfectly paired but... no phone book transfer.
With phone book on Sim or on phone, with micro SD on or not no way to transfer phone book.
Try to un-pair and pair again several times ,only result that during a try V3xx hanged up again , but that time removing and reinstalling battery worked fine.
My son have a new Xmas Nokia E61, I try to pair it: pairing was fine but no phone book transfer, but after that operation it was impossible to completely switch off the E61 (screen all blank but always powered) it was necessary to remove battery and the switching on normally, but again no switch off possible . He resolved the problem with two operation:
1) with Nokia procedure provided for Soft Software Reset
2) saying me: strictly forbidden to play again with his E61 , may be E60 BMW worst enemy of Nokia E61 :'(

Now I'm searching a Motorola UMTS phone with none of these problem on E60 535d BT (CIP 20, dec2004 build, sat nav pro).
Any suggestion ?

Had anyone any kind of similar problems ?
In other italian forum someone suggested that new UMTS phone have BT 2.0 and E60 may have BT 1.x, and may be that Motorola in implementig BT 2.0 forgot some back compatibility among various levels of protocol.
I'm not an expert on BT development.

To avoid any misunderstandings I keep myself tightened my old V3i until I will not throw the car out (Dec 2007).