Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

BMW BT and SE 910i / Nokia 9500 (Communicator)

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 09:43 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi

Got the chance to test these new phones:

Both paired w/out problems.

Neither of them transferred phone book automatically.

I could make a call and receive one via i-Drive. Nokia was very stable, SE was disconnected several times w/out clear reason.

Biggest differences were with phone book transfer:

With SE I could send individual contacts to car easily, but when I used that contact for dialling or when that contact called, the phone was disconnected right after calling/answering every time, and there was a message on the phone which asked if i wanted to use the handset for continuing the call.

With Nokia the manual transfer was interrupted by some kind of "BT transfer failure" every time.

So, practically speaking neither of these can be used in BMW. On the other hand, these quick tests were quite promising, and I wish that in the future there will be updates which make them (more) compatible. We'll see, SE didn't confirm that (told to ask BMW) and Nokia did not answer yet.

Kari
Old 12-20-2004, 05:58 PM
Members

Originally Posted by KariFi' date='Dec 20 2004, 02:43 PM
Hi

I could make a call and receive one via i-Drive. Nokia was very stable, SE was disconnected several times w/out clear reason.

With SE I could send individual contacts to car easily, but when I used that contact for dialling or when that contact called, the phone was disconnected right after calling/answering every time, and there was a message on the phone which asked if i wanted to use the handset for continuing the call.

With Nokia the manual transfer was interrupted by some kind of "BT transfer failure" every time.

So, practically speaking neither of these can be used in BMW. On the other hand, these quick tests were quite promising, and I wish that in the future there will be updates which make them (more) compatible. We'll see, SE didn't confirm that (told to ask BMW) and Nokia did not answer yet.

Kari
[snapback]70786[/snapback]
Old 12-20-2004, 06:01 PM
Members

Originally Posted by ad545i' date='Dec 20 2004, 10:58 PM
[quote name='KariFi' date='Dec 20 2004, 02:43 PM']Hi

Kari
[snapback]70990[/snapback]
[/quote]

I GOT SE 910I, CAN PAIR THE PHONE BUT WAS NOT BE ABLE TO CALL OR RECEIVE, CAN YOU TELL ME HOW YOU MAKE CALL? THANKS.
Old 12-20-2004, 10:16 PM
Members

My Ride: '04 545i SMG, Logic 7, CWP, Nav, PDC, Lumbar, Titanium Gray Metallic/Black leather/Anthracite (Euro Delivery 4/04)

Originally Posted by KariFi' date='Dec 20 2004, 11:43 AM
Hi

Kari
I was able to pair and bond my SE P910i, but when I went to the phone screen it still says activate phone. No luck at all! I tried a SE 637 and that worked, but only to dial and recieve, no contact transfers. Any help???