Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

BMW Bluetooth kit - How many phones can connect?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008 | 03:50 AM
Members

I am thinking of taking the hit and having the bluetooth phone kit fitted to my 05 520d, i was just wondering if anyone knew if the kit supports more than one phone connected ?

I have 2 mobile (nightmare) one for work and one for personnal..

thanks

J
Old 01-26-2008 | 04:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530e G30
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by jamieerst' post='523036' date='Jan 26 2008, 01:50 PM
I am thinking of taking the hit and having the bluetooth phone kit fitted to my 05 520d, i was just wondering if anyone knew if the kit supports more than one phone connected ?

I have 2 mobile (nightmare) one for work and one for personnal..

thanks

J
On the original BMW Bluetooth Option you can pair up to four mobile phones, and you can decide the order of the list : the first of the list , if swictched on, will automatically connect to the car.

If the first of the list will be switched off then the first swictched on of the others of the list will be connected.
Old 02-01-2008 | 05:42 PM
Members

My Ride: Living in Germany as an expat, this is the perfect opportunity to own the car of my dreams. I bought a new BMW E560 Individual in April 2007 and I have been in love with my M5 ever since! Where else can you experience the acceleration, speed and fabulous performance of this wonderful German engineering, but on the German Autobahns (almost with immunity for high speed as long as you slow down when there are limits). Fastest so far has been 293kmph (183 mph) but my M5 has much more left...I will get it to the limit of 330kmph (205mph) or more yet! Problem is it makes me want to drive everywhere possible at any oppotunity and I am rackng up the kilometers!
Originally Posted by ricky' post='523037' date='Jan 26 2008, 02:52 PM
On the original BMW Bluetooth Option you can pair up to four mobile phones, and you can decide the order of the list : the first of the list , if swictched on, will automatically connect to the car.

If the first of the list will be switched off then the first swictched on of the others of the list will be connected.
You are absolutely correct. I have a 2007 M560 with bluetooth navi professional. I have four phones paired to my BMW M5. Why do I have four phones paired with M5? A Palm Treo 650 (for Corporate push e-mail); Motorola V3 installed in console snap-in (The V3 is just in case I go out and forget to take my Treo and/or iPhone); a new iPhone (because I own one for the technology and my company is testing a killer app for iPhone we have developed) and my wife's Nokia something (in case she drives my car and has her phone).

Whichever phone you have in the vehicle and which is at the top of the bluetooth phone pairing list will bluetooth with the vehicle. It connects to the bluetooth no issue everytime, without an issue. I have had no problems with any connection in nine months. If the my Treo is out of range (not in the car), then V3 will pair. If I want to pair my iPhone, simply swith of the V3 in the snap-in. Easy to do.

I live in Germany and have T-Mobile service. T-Mobile Germany offer a new service called "multiSIM". Up to three SIM cards with exactly the same phone number and all ring at the same time (if all turned on). I have my Treo paired with my BMW and a blutooth headset paired to my iPhone. When an incoming call arrives it rings both thru the BMW blutooth and also in the headset connected to the iPhone. I can see the caller ID on the BMW display and if there are other folks in the car and I want to have a semi-private conversation, I answer on the headset. Otherwise, if I want the passengers in my BMW to hear both sides of the conversation, I answer thu the BMW blutooth and use the sound systm/built-in mices for the coversation. Very simple solution to managing different type of calls with passengers in the car! You can have more than one bluetotth device operting inside the BMW similtaneously, no issue!
Old 02-02-2008 | 01:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: G30 530i M-sport
Model Year: 2018

+1 on all the comments here. You can pair up to 4 phones and arrange them in order of preference. I too have a work phone and a personal one, and have had zero problems in the almost-year I have had my car. I'm running a personal Nokia 6300 and a work Nokia 6230i.