Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Blutooth and seals!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 08:36 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

I have fairly recently purchased a 530d and it was supplied as being bluetooth prep'd. Anyway neither the salesman or one of the techs could get it to work, and the chief tech came to the conclusion that as they had had the battery disconnected it sometimes takes a day or so to cheer up, however a week went by and no joy so the car was booked in for remedial work Later that day a phone call " The reason it wont work sir is the TSU?? is missing. We'll speak to BMW!"
Two weeks later the car is now back in the shed with nearly two days to install the missing box and 'programme' the system. Whilst it was there I thought I'd ask them to look at the 'creakydoors' fearing at worst that the car had been in a major accident and the movement was something to do with poor repair work However looking on this site I find that it's a known problem Then the dreaded call from the dealer "We need to speak to the sales manager before we can affect a repair as the car is out of warranty and your secondhand car warranty does not cover seals!" To which I replied that I'd 'Googled' BMW door seals and it had returned with the BMW TIS that I'd actually previously found on this site! The SA sounded a little suprised that this knowledge was freely available
I wait with baited breath! Altogether not a very auspitious start to BMW ownership..........I wish I'd bought a JAG!!!!!
I have to add that the door seal issue was really getting to me!
Old 07-05-2007, 09:57 AM
Members

Originally Posted by daven' post='443664' date='Jul 5 2007, 05:36 PM
I have fairly recently purchased a 530d and it was supplied as being bluetooth prep'd. Anyway neither the salesman or one of the techs could get it to work, and the chief tech came to the conclusion that as they had had the battery disconnected it sometimes takes a day or so to cheer up, however a week went by and no joy so the car was booked in for remedial work Later that day a phone call " The reason it wont work sir is the TSU?? is missing. We'll speak to BMW!"
Two weeks later the car is now back in the shed with nearly two days to install the missing box and 'programme' the system. Whilst it was there I thought I'd ask them to look at the 'creakydoors' fearing at worst that the car had been in a major accident and the movement was something to do with poor repair work However looking on this site I find that it's a known problem Then the dreaded call from the dealer "We need to speak to the sales manager before we can affect a repair as the car is out of warranty and your secondhand car warranty does not cover seals!" To which I replied that I'd 'Googled' BMW door seals and it had returned with the BMW TIS that I'd actually previously found on this site! The SA sounded a little suprised that this knowledge was freely available
I wait with baited breath! Altogether not a very auspitious start to BMW ownership..........I wish I'd bought a JAG!!!!!

Sounds like fairly cosmetic work and nothing serious... Buying a jag is like owing something you know is beautiful but will break soon and will break again soon after that...

Its like owning an alfa romeo , lovely to look at but the residual value is based on the parts still attached after 3 years and 36,000 miles

Im sure everything will work out and you will get the car you bought enjoy it , 3.0d engine is a beauty
Old 07-06-2007, 04:17 AM
Members

Originally Posted by daven' post='443664' date='Jul 5 2007, 05:36 PM
Oh well time for some good news and some not so good news
First off got the car back today with a fully working BT and can also add that the NOKIA 6288 is fully compatible with the address book being displayed on the sceen.
Also the 'crackly' sound from the audio system seems to have been resolved (I forgot to mention that in my post above!)
A bit of a stickng point seems to be the door seals. I may have to come to some kind of compromise I am waiting for a call from the sales manager.