Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth very limited in functionality

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 01:01 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545i

I'm a bit disappointing in the whole BMW Bluetooth solution on the e60 for the following reasons...

1-No mute option at all, when I'm on a conference call, I cannot mute myself from iDrive or the steering wheel. I must use the phone itself to mute which defeats the purpose to be honest.

2-You cannot synchronize or unify the phonebook. In iDrive the contact list is displayed, but when you use voice activation to call a name. It says the phonebook is empty. You must manually create a new phonebook using voice command.

3-When I had the Bluetooth retrofit, I no longer have the SMS function. it used to be displayed in iDrive, but now it's gone. It would be great to have it read you back your texts.

4-You don't have the option to adjust the audio tone or quality during a call.

5-Some of the phone related voice commands don't work.

My TCU manufacture date is 06, so I assume it should have many of the above features built in. Is there a software update? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with it overall, but the limited functionality, especially the lack of mute is disappointing.

Cheers
Old 08-31-2012, 09:29 PM
Members

Do you have a CCC or CIC in your E60? I have one of the latest E60's and have the CIC and don't recognize your problems. Except fot he mute and text options my BT works like a charm!
Old 09-01-2012, 05:52 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bazz530i
Do you have a CCC or CIC in your E60? I have one of the latest E60's and have the CIC and don't recognize your problems. Except fot he mute and text options my BT works like a charm!
+2 ... I agree - mine is an '07 and works as intended. Voice dialing can be annoying if you have many similar names in the address book ... and with about 1000 contacts it takes some time to load the entire address book - but it loads them all.

As for audio "quality" or "tone" - so much depends on the quality of the cellular connection. I care less about bass and treble and am more annoyed by static, noises, breaks in the connection over poor cellular connections at the edge of a service area.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:27 AM
New Members

Hello friends,

Your BMW offers the best conditions in which to use a diverse range of mobile devices like mobile phone, smartphone, PDA or MP3 player. Connect it via USB or Bluetooth and synchronise your phonebook, create a playlist or use the numerous Office functions. With the hands-free system, multifunctional steering wheel, iDrive Controller or Voice the device is to operate and safe.

Best regards
Jon Franklin