Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth Usefulness

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 01:12 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by E60-530d-London' date='Jan 10 2004, 04:40 AM
Since you asked, I bought a 530d in Orient Blue/Amethyst Dakota/123 alloys with Titanium trim.
Hi E60-530d-London,

Sorry for my off topic question but is there a way you could post here or email me some photos of your Amethyst leather. There are pictures of all the different color interiors on this and other websites but no Amethyst. I live in the US and Amethyst is not available here, so I can't see it in person at a dealership. I am planning on special ordering Truffle Brown from BMW NA (which they will most likely deny), but I would like to see some good pictures of Amethyst too before I decide. The only pictures I have seen of this interior are on BMW's car configurator, but I would like to see real photos if possible.

Thanks,
rodybmw
rody@earthlink.net
Old 01-13-2004, 12:08 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by E60-530d-London' date='Jan 10 2004, 04:40 AM
Hi -adm-

I use a T610 with the car and picked up the cradle from my dealer only yesterday. You are correct that use of the external car antenna is another benefit - so long as you remember to remove the rubber cover on the back of the phone!

Since you asked, I bought a 530d in Orient Blue/Amethyst Dakota/123 alloys with Titanium trim. I was in a massive hurry when I swapped my car so took a dealer car from stock rather than ordering a custom configuration. I asked them to find me a car with some mandatory extras (satnav, bluetooth, runflats) and took my chances on the rest of the spec. Features that I did not get include the funky steering (no great loss to me) and dynamic drive, which I was interested in having. However, the standard setup is *so* much better than my previous car (Audi Allroad 2.7T) at handling, I can more than live with it. Plus, I got a huge discount from list (around 10%) through taking the car from dealer stock. If anyone wants the bargain of the century, this is the route to take.

Paasan, I thought like you do that all Bluetooth phones would be compatible with the BMW Bluetooth setup. This is *not* the case!!!! I used to have a Sony-Ericsson P800 and this did not work with the car in any way at all. The dealer did try for some time to set it up until they discovered an internal BMW memo that tells them exactly what phones work and which do not. The P800 was explicitly mentioned in the memo as *incompatible* and I would expect similar Symbian-powered devices like the new P900 to be in the same boat. My theory is that the Bluetooth interface does more than just get the phone talking to the car - for example, the car instructs the phone to upload its address book and this feature is bound to be dependent on the phone's operating system.

I found that my wife's T68i worked fine but could not face swapping to this clunky phone. So I bought the T610 and sold the P800 to a work colleague just before Sony-Ericsson brought out the P900 ;-)
E60-530d-London

Hope you don't mind me asking but I'm in a fix regarding what interior colour to order. Could you post some pics of your amethyst interior as I have only been able to see this in "configurator" pictures.

I'm keen to understand how it compares with the e60 beige interior which I find a bit too light/overbearing. My alternative is the truffle brown but also not sure about having a brown interior - oh dear - too many choices! Perhaps you are right and I should take one from stock!

Thanks

Jonboy
Old 01-14-2004, 01:47 PM
Members

OK chaps - I will dust off the digital camera this coming weekend and take some shots of the interior for you. Assuming that it's not raining, which is does a lot here!

I must confess that I *think* I have the Amythst leather but without double checking with the dealer, I'm not 100% sure. What I wrote the earlier post, what I did was to take a look at my car's seats, which are kind of a grey colour, and pick the best sample out of the BMW brochure that seemed to match. Remember that I bought the car from dealer stock rather than make all my own choices. Anyway, I will post the pics (if I can figure out the technology) and you can make up your own minds..... Anyhow, I think the colour goes well with the Titanium trim.

If I had a free choice, however, I would have chosen the wood trim with the leather seats that are slightly red in colour. There again, my wife *hates* this combo. Dammed if you do, and dammed if you do not, eh. Best to agree with the command bunker....

Happy motoring....
Old 01-15-2004, 12:19 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by E60-530d-London' date='Jan 14 2004, 04:47 PM
OK chaps - I will dust off the digital camera this coming weekend and take some shots of the interior for you. Assuming that it's not raining, which is does a lot here!

I must confess that I *think* I have the Amythst leather but without double checking with the dealer, I'm not 100% sure. What I wrote the earlier post, what I did was to take a look at my car's seats, which are kind of a grey colour, and pick the best sample out of the BMW brochure that seemed to match. Remember that I bought the car from dealer stock rather than make all my own choices. Anyway, I will post the pics (if I can figure out the technology) and you can make up your own minds..... Anyhow, I think the colour goes well with the Titanium trim.

If I had a free choice, however, I would have chosen the wood trim with the leather seats that are slightly red in colour. There again, my wife *hates* this combo. Dammed if you do, and dammed if you do not, eh. Best to agree with the command bunker....

Happy motoring....
Hi E60-530d-London,

Thanks for offering to take pictures of your cars interior. If your car's interior is indeed the Amethyst leather then the following parts should be in black: the carpet, the center console/armrest, the back cover of the front seats, and all but the center parts of the door panels. If these sections are not in black and the leather still looks grayish it can only be the standard gray interior.

If you'd like you can email the pictures to me and I will host them and post them on this board for you.

Thanks,
rodybmw
rody@earthlink.net
Old 01-15-2004, 12:34 AM
Contributors

Hi again E60-530d-London,

I guess we should probably move this discussion to the "Pictures of leather interiors" thread. If you email me the photos I will post them there (and if you do it yourself, I think you should post them there too).

Thanks,
rodybmw
Old 01-15-2004, 03:25 PM
Members

Hi.
When i ordered my 530d, the bluetooth carkit was not available. So i went for the BMW proffesional telephone and when i intend to drive a long distance i turn of my cell phone diverting my calls to the car. It's some improvising but it works.