Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth Successful on Mar '04 Build

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 07:15 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

For all who may have been wondering:
Bluetooth works sucessfully (first try) on a March '03 (edit: Oops '04) build.
Car has V.15.0 and the Bluetooth Upgrade (thanks Rob @ BMW Peabody!) and I just got my Treo650 from Cingular.

The call log transfered just fine.
(I use a custom contact manager so my entire "phone book" didn't transfer but I didn't expect it to).

I'll add to this post if I discover any issues but there are none so far.
Old 02-11-2005, 07:23 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by realtyman' date='Feb 11 2005, 11:15 AM
Bluetooth works sucessfully (first try) on a March '03 build.?
Car has V.15.0 and the Bluetooth Upgrade (thanks Rob @ BMW Peabody!) and I just got my Treo650 from Cingular.

(I use a custom contact manager so my entire "phone book" didn't transfer but I didn't expect it to).?

[snapback]89048[/snapback]
Congrats!
It's been a good week for BT upgrades on "undoable" cars....
Old 02-11-2005, 08:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

I just noticed that the phonebook from my custom app didn't transfer but I did notice that there were a few cotacts in the Palm contact program that did.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:05 PM
Members

Originally Posted by realtyman' date='Feb 11 2005, 10:15 AM

(I use a custom contact manager so my entire "phone book" didn't transfer but I didn't expect it to).?

Would you please provide the details as to what it took to obtain BT...given a March '04 (you said '03) build, did you need a new TCU. Either way, what other things were done to make it work (a new RO perhaps?)...thanks.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:29 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by dstompkins' date='Feb 11 2005, 04:05 PM
[quote name='realtyman' date='Feb 11 2005, 10:15 AM']For all who may have been wondering:

Would you please provide the details as to what it took to obtain BT...given a March '04 (you said '03) build, did you need a new TCU. Either way, what other things were done to make it work (a new RO perhaps?)...thanks.
[snapback]89172[/snapback]
[/quote]

Same ECU is in the car as when new. Several software upgrades over the months - currently V15.0 thanks to the emissions recall (and a new steering rack). Bluetooth "software update" done gratis by the dealer (due to the steering rack issue). That's it.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:43 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by dstompkins' date='Feb 11 2005, 04:05 PM
Would you please provide the details as to what it took to obtain BT...given a March '04 (you said '03) build, did you need a new TCU.? Either way, what other things were done to make it work (a new RO perhaps?)...thanks.
[snapback]89172[/snapback]

Here's another detailed account:
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=7177&hl=

If you want to see which TCU you have check:
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=6933&hl=
Old 02-11-2005, 02:37 PM
Members

Originally Posted by realtyman' date='Feb 11 2005, 10:15 AM
Bluetooth works sucessfully (first try) on a March '03 (edit: Oops '04) build.?

Realtyman-
Do you have the # of Rob @ BMW Peabody in case by dealer needs to find out how to do the upgrade...they continue to tell me it can't be done.
Thanks...BTW, what build month/year is your car.
Old 02-11-2005, 03:27 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by dstompkins' date='Feb 11 2005, 06:37 PM
[quote name='realtyman' date='Feb 11 2005, 10:15 AM']For all who may have been wondering:

Realtyman-
Do you have the # of Rob @ BMW Peabody in case by dealer needs to find out how to do the upgrade...they continue to tell me it can't be done.
Thanks...BTW, what build month/year is your car.
[snapback]89241[/snapback]
[/quote]

See post: Build 03/2004 (Delivery 04/2004).

Rob Hannafin: Service Advisor Extrodinaire (imho)
978-573-5589
rob.hannafin@bmwpeabody.com

http://www.bmwpeabody.com/staff/staff.php?id=12
Old 02-11-2005, 05:13 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by realtyman' date='Feb 11 2005, 09:15 AM

Congrats Realty. My phonebook took a number of drives before the address book transferred. Like the third time I got in my car to drive I noticed it suddenly appeared. I noticed that my Sony Ericcson T637 showed a headset symbol on it with a set of bars beside it while this syncing process was taking place.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:42 AM
Members

Originally Posted by GER_545SMG' date='Feb 11 2005, 08:13 PM
[quote name='realtyman' date='Feb 11 2005, 09:15 AM']For all who may have been wondering:

Congrats Realty. My phonebook took a number of drives before the address book transferred. Like the third time I got in my car to drive I noticed it suddenly appeared. I noticed that my Sony Ericcson T637 showed a headset symbol on it with a set of bars beside it while this syncing process was taking place.
[snapback]89283[/snapback]
[/quote]

Does your T637 still have the headset symbol? Mine has always shown it. What's more, numbers only transferred after the initial pairing, never had an update since then in 3 months! I can dial through the idrive, but the car's phonebook is getting really out of date!

Chris

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Successful on Mar '04 Build