Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth and SE T610 problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 07:08 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>I have a new E60 2005 Yesterday. Sapphire Black Metallic/Beige Dakota Leather. While at the showroom the salesman installed the T610 SE and worked well.
While driving home i tried to use it and i experienced some problems, so i tried to do the same procedure again at home but is failing at the process where i key in the passkey code.
Anyone knows how to overcome this?[/S IZE]
</span></span>
How do you define what the passkey is? Is it the same on the phone and on the car?
Please help
Old 02-11-2005, 07:25 AM
Members

I don't have BT, but from what I've read on this forum, the passkey is any 4 digit number that you chose so long as you use the same 4 digits for the car and the phone.
Old 02-11-2005, 07:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

In my car I set the passkey. I enter it in the phone first then the car. I found that my phone would time-out if it took me too long to enter the passkey using the idrive.
The passkey I'm using is 6 characters (combination of letters and numbers).
Don't forget to select Accept Passkey (I think that was how it was worded).

Hopefully this helps.
Old 02-11-2005, 07:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2001 BMW M3 Titanium Silver/ Black

Originally Posted by CHRIS2005E60' date='Feb 11 2005, 11:08 AM
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>I have a new E60 2005 Yesterday. Sapphire Black Metallic/Beige Dakota Leather. While at the showroom the salesman installed the T610 SE and worked well.
While driving home i tried to use it and i experienced some problems, so i tried to do the same procedure again at home but is failing at the process where i key in the passkey code.
</span></span>
How do you define what the passkey is? Is it the same on the phone and on the car?
Please help
[snapback]89042[/snapback]
The salesman has already given the car it's "pass key" code. You need to use the same code he used at the first pairing. I have had a few clients phones go completly dead and they try to just start over by pairing again. But once you enter a 'pass key' in the car, it is there to stay. I'm sure there is a way to reset it, but not without hooking it up to te DIS computer.
Old 02-11-2005, 07:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Originally Posted by BMWofNashville' date='Feb 11 2005, 11:36 AM
[quote name='CHRIS2005E60' date='Feb 11 2005, 11:08 AM']<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>I have a new E60 2005 Yesterday. Sapphire Black Metallic/Beige Dakota Leather. While at the showroom the salesman installed the T610 SE and worked well.
</span></span>
Please help
The salesman has already given the car it's "pass key" code. You need to use the same code he used at the first pairing. I have had a few clients phones go completly dead and they try to just start over by pairing again. But once you enter a 'pass key' in the car, it is there to stay. I'm sure there is a way to reset it, but not without hooking it up to te DIS computer.
[snapback]89058[/snapback]
[/quote]
What if he deleted the device in the iDrive screen, deleted it from his phone and started all over??
Old 02-11-2005, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Welcome aboard, CHRIS2005E60 !
Old 02-11-2005, 11:37 AM
Guest_Merv the Derv_*

Originally Posted by CHRIS2005E60' date='Feb 11 2005, 11:08 AM
</span></span>
Please help
Chris,

I have the same phone, albeit a T630 and I had to do the same today. All I did was set the phone's bluetooth option to find device's i.e BMW system at the same time have "bluetooth active" on via comms interface on the screen. When it asks you to add device, key in any number, I use my 4 digit unlock code for the phone. Next switch the phone off and on again and your stored numbers will appear on the screen. Easy eh! hmm!

By the way have you got the cradle for the arm rest? Highley recommend it, the signal is boosted by the cars arial and of course the phone charges on the move, only another ?50 from our German friends.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:36 AM
Members

My Ride: 530i auto, sat nat, 6cd, advanced air con, bt, beige leather, dark poplar, mystic blue, 128 9j/8j, runflats, adaptive hd lts, xenon+wash
Talking

Originally Posted by CHRIS2005E60' date='Feb 11 2005, 05:08 PM
</span></span>
Please help
hi chris
go to your i drive and get into sysem communications and see if your phone is listed if it is then the phone is already paired
you then need to check the software version your PHONE has, do this by going to bmw.co.uk/bluetooth click on the link and it will tell you what sequence of alpha numeric charecters to punch into your phone to show the software version. see if your version is listed as compatable. If not then a sony ericcson flash centre can update your phone software.
I have a T630 with a software version not shown on bm's site but it is the latest version so they havn't tested it yet- but the phone works perfectly. Just a point of interest if you have two phones paired say yours and wifes and you are both in the car if both phones are turned on then the car pairs with the phone that was last used and you have to go into i drive and change the priority

good luck
Old 02-12-2005, 09:00 AM
Members

My Ride: 530i auto, sat nat, 6cd, advanced air con, bt, beige leather, dark poplar, mystic blue, 128 9j/8j, runflats, adaptive hd lts, xenon+wash

Originally Posted by CHRIS2005E60' date='Feb 11 2005, 05:08 PM
</span></span>
Please help
sorry chris
the pass key is any alpha numeric between 4 &16 digits
the salesman probably used the quickest/easiest/simplest (as they do) either
0000 or 1111 0r 1234

worth a try if you are stuck :'(
Old 02-12-2005, 10:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by skydiver' date='Feb 12 2005, 11:00 AM
[quote name='CHRIS2005E60' date='Feb 11 2005, 05:08 PM']<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>I have a new E60 2005 Yesterday. Sapphire Black Metallic/Beige Dakota Leather. While at the showroom the salesman installed the T610 SE and worked well.
</span></span>
Please help
sorry chris
the pass key is any alpha numeric between 4 &16 digits
the salesman probably used the quickest/easiest/simplest (as they do) either
0000 or 1111 0r 1234

worth a try if you are stuck :'(
[snapback]89435[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well you can drop the BMW from the Device list on your phone. It will be listed as BMWxxxx. xxxx being the last digits of your VIN.

Then start from scratch and choose whatever pin you want. The Instructions are Here

Quick Reply: Bluetooth and SE T610 problems