Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth Retrofit success

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 12:30 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 530i PDC / ADAPTIVE XENON HEDLIGHTS /FOLD DOWN REAR SEATS / NAV / PREMIUM / COLD WEATHER / EURO REFLECTORS /STAGGERED CHROMED 124S / PIAA 4700K FOGS / BLUETOOTH RETROFIT / REAR WOODED LIGHTER PANEL/MP3 RETROFIT

I recently went to Hassel BMWs new service warehouse in Freeport N.Y.(10 mins away) expecting great service from their new service center. (YEA RIGHT) it is not possible or its not covered and we have to charge you are the only replies from them.
Hassel BMW told me that the car was not equipped with the right tcu. I told the service Advisor that I wanted to speak to a tech that diagnosed this. He Brought out a service manager that proclaimed that the car was checked out and I responded by explaining that I had done my homework and my car was in the range of dates that it would be possible to retrofit Bluetooth. I had the SIB (service info bulletin) # SI B84 13 04 with all the info pertaining to the retrofit procedure, never the less he told me that it was no way possible without spending $1700 for a new tcu, they also wanted to charge $100 to get the mildew smell out of the ac vents. I DONT THINK SO.

So I called the dealer ship that the car was purchased from Morristown BMW N. J.(1hr 10mins away) I dropped the car off with a list of things I wanted done, They said my car was due for a major SW update.They handled the situation from start to finish with no problems no excuses. They kept the car for 2 days gave me a loaner. Everything works great now, SW upgraded to 19.1 new menus in the nav screens plus prospective view, hooked up 2 different bluetooth phones like a charm, the I Drive works quicker, last but not least the acceleration seems faster. The best part of this was they charged me NOTHING. They billed the ac smell out to good will repair. The bluetooth required no parts they were going to charge me $60 for labor but with a little politicking they knocked that off as well. My hat goes off to the staff at Morristown BMW N.J.

The moral of this story is to do your homework and read through the E60.net forums and go in prepared with your information.
Attached Thumbnails Bluetooth Retrofit success-img_2890.jpg  
Old 09-29-2005, 01:19 PM
Senior Members

what was your production date on the car???
Old 09-29-2005, 03:10 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i PDC / ADAPTIVE XENON HEDLIGHTS /FOLD DOWN REAR SEATS / NAV / PREMIUM / COLD WEATHER / EURO REFLECTORS /STAGGERED CHROMED 124S / PIAA 4700K FOGS / BLUETOOTH RETROFIT / REAR WOODED LIGHTER PANEL/MP3 RETROFIT

Originally Posted by DINAN530i' date='Sep 29 2005, 05:19 PM
what was your production date on the car???
[snapback]177109[/snapback]
The Production date was 3/04
Old 09-29-2005, 03:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i Orient Blue, Auburn Int. Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Satellite Radio, Logic 7 , Nav... European Delivery 3/21/05 Redelivery 6/1/05.

I'm curious... Did you go back to Hassel BMW and give them a big fat "I told you so!" I would just to see/hear their response.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:23 PM
Members

Originally Posted by PKandCK' date='Sep 29 2005, 07:27 PM
I'm curious...? Did you go back to Hassel BMW and give them a big fat "I told you so!"? I would just to see/hear their response.??
[snapback]177165[/snapback]
I have an appointment next week for them to complete some warranty repair. And yes I will be asking for the service manager and show him that he doesn't know as much as he boasts. After the repairs are completed I will remind him that the survey will come to my house and I will reply with the same amount of enthusiasm that they applied to my bluetooth retrofit. I will post the response next week. Once again the Bluetooth is great.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:42 PM
Members

Angry

I have a 2004 530i produced 03/04. I picked it up at the factory, and the engineer said the hardware was there for BT but I would need some software coming out later that year. I have asked my dealer, United BMW in Duluth, GA, repeatedly about this, but they say they know nothing about it.

I have just found this forum, and I am not sure where to go for the information you apparently found here. I would appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction. I would really like to be able to get my Motorola 635 (Cingular) working with the car.

Thanks in advance,
David Brown
Old 10-14-2005, 11:13 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

I'm also in need of some info. My car was produced in June 2004. I've also recently got CIP v19.1.1 upgrade. I asked my dealer yesterday and they said that it would cost me $465 to retrofit Bluetooth. If I'm reading correctly, and from what I've heard elsewhere, should it be easily turned on and cost little or nothing at all?

Thanks.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:01 PM
Members

Originally Posted by wdb44' date='Oct 13 2005, 11:42 PM
I have a 2004 530i produced 03/04.? I picked it up at the factory, and the engineer said the hardware was there for BT but I would need some software coming out later that year.? I have asked my dealer, United BMW in Duluth, GA, repeatedly about this, but they say they know nothing about it.?

I have just found this forum, and I am not sure where to go for the information you apparently found here.? I would appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction.? I would really like to be able to get my Motorola 635 (Cingular) working with the car.

Thanks in advance,
David Brown
[snapback]184017[/snapback]
Tell your dealer about the Service information bulliten SI B84 13 04 with all the info pertaining to the retrofit procedure he should be able to go from there
Old 10-14-2005, 04:04 PM
Members

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' date='Oct 14 2005, 03:13 PM
I'm also in need of some info.? My car was produced in June 2004.? I've also recently got CIP v19.1.1 upgrade.? I asked my dealer yesterday and they said that it would cost me $465 to retrofit Bluetooth.? If I'm reading correctly, and from what I've heard elsewhere, should it be easily turned on and cost little or nothing at all?

Thanks.
[snapback]184262[/snapback]
my dealer originally quoted me a half hours labor about $60 you might to try another
Old 10-16-2005, 12:17 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

So mention/show the Service Bulletin above and they should know to simply enable my Bluetooth for about $60? Don't they have to add any hardware?

Sorry for the stupid questions. Just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Retrofit success