Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth Retrofit (Ireland)

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 03:02 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All,

I have a 530d and am strongly thinking of getting the bluetooth retrofitted into the car at a cost of EUR 3,600

I have 2 questions about it

(1) Do you know if the Voice Dial feature is standard with the bluetooth kit or is it another extra?
(2) Does it work properly with Nokia N95

Any comments/help much appreciated

Regards
M
Old 02-03-2008, 11:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530e G30
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by WX755' post='526766' date='Feb 4 2008, 01:02 AM
I have a 530d and am strongly thinking of getting the bluetooth retrofitted into the car at a cost of EUR 3,600

(1) Do you know if the Voice Dial feature is standard with the bluetooth kit or is it another extra?

According to my knowledge:

(1) Yes the voice dial is a standard feature
(2) Unfortunately N95 will not transfer your phonebook to iDrive, although it will pair. Mobile phones that will transfer phonebook are Motorola Razor (V3, V3i, V3xx, V9), many Samsung and Sony Ericsson. Generally speaking all phones based on Symbian S.O. are not compatibile in phonebook transfer.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:42 AM
Members

Originally Posted by ricky' post='526964' date='Feb 4 2008, 08:12 AM
According to my knowledge:

(1) Yes the voice dial is a standard feature
(2) Unfortunately N95 will not transfer your phonebook to iDrive, although it will pair. Mobile phones that will transfer phonebook are Motorola Razor (V3, V3i, V3xx, V9), many Samsung and Sony Ericsson. Generally speaking all phones based on Symbian S.O. are not compatibile in phonebook transfer.

Many thanks for the response Ricky. That clears up some issues for me. I also have a K800i Sony Ericsson, perhaps that phone may function better with the car.

Disappointing about the Nokia's...

M
Old 02-08-2008, 03:32 PM
Members

welcome onboard

yeah the sony ericisson k800i will have full functionality

tried the N95 8gb myself it paired fine but no contacts displayed also sat nav voice function would not work i think it was to do with bluetooth connection sold mine after a week

what exactly are u getting for 3.6k? who is doing the install?

what year is your car?
Old 02-11-2008, 02:53 PM
Members

Originally Posted by WX755' post='526766' date='Feb 4 2008, 12:02 AM
Hi All,

Regards
M
Old 02-13-2008, 12:37 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check this out, maybe it is a fine solution.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...A:IT&ih=008

Seems not fully compatible with optical (L7) sound system - with L7 an external speaker is needed

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Sloppy software translation:

Universal Bluetooth free intercom, those with all Bluetooth Handys functions and over the original BMW steering wheel remote maintenance steered will can

Telephone in all peace assistance of speech recognition and use to that original BMW steering wheel keys
As soon as the user enters into his vehicle and the ignition key (press start Button), manufactures the free speech mechanism turns automatically a connection to the mobile telephone. Owing to speech recognition the driver can dictate and the plant to the names of the desired discussion participant selects automatically the appropriate number. The hands remain thereby on the steering wheel and the travel can be continued surely. Additionally the free speech mechanism can be steered comfortably over original steering wheel remote maintenance by BMW.

Highest clay/tone quality

With call acceptance the current radio program is interrupted automatically. The expenditure of the discussion is made by the autoloudspeakers, what provides for a outstanding discussion quality. The microphone contained in the scope of supply shows the voice clearly and undistorted.

Profit from a universal Bluetooth solution

Profit from a Bluetooth solution, those universal for all Bluetooth Handys to be used can.

Future security by software update

This solution offers future security, there the plant is upgrade able.
For new Handy generations can at each time software an update be accomplished.

Installation

With the installation of the free intercom no adaptation expenditure develops. The provided sets of cables are between-put ediglich between the original wiring harness and the car radio. An absolutely installation-friendly solution, with no change in the original BMW wiring harness one makes.

Compatibility

This universal Bluetooth free intercom is for in the following listed BMW vehicles, equipped with multi-function steering wheel compatibly:

BMW 1er Serie (E81) starting from Bj. 2005
BMW 3er Serie (E90/91) starting from Bj. 2004
BMW 5er Serie (E60/61) starting from Bj. 2005
BMW 6er Serie (E63) starting from Bj. 2004
BMW 7er Serie (E65) starting from Bj. 2004

REFERENCE! With driving witnesses with amplifier plant with optical cable the plant does not function or only with external loudspeaker.

Certification
CE, e2, FCC, RSS210.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:32 AM
Members

?3600 - That sounds a bit steep even for Irish prices! (I'm in Dublin). I have a stock phone kit and find it works well - however I have been told by some people that the sound quality from the mic is not as good as it should be (hence my interest in this and similar treads); I have always used Nokia phones (currently 6230i- with vodafone) however I have recently purchased an XDA ( O2 network) and apparently the mic in the car works great with this unit - I have yet to establish if the performance difference is simply due to the different phones. So before you jump and spend alot of money (unless you already have) just remember that you may end up changing you phone just for the sake of better audio- the other treads in this forum mention new microphones but I remain unconvinced. Just for the record I have a 2005 535D that had a software upgrade in 2007. Maybe you will not get the audio problem with the new hardware but for that sort of money if I were in your shoes I would like to be certain.
Good luck
TF
Old 03-23-2008, 07:20 AM
Members

Originally Posted by WX755' post='526766' date='Feb 4 2008, 12:02 AM
Hi All,

Regards
M
Hi,
Did you get your bluetooth kit installed?I want to get this done myself on a 2006 530d.What do you think of the kit on
this website:

http://www.bimmernav.com/store/catalog/bmw...s-item-102.html
Old 03-28-2008, 08:44 AM
Members

3600?? What the hell? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought several users in this forum retrofitted (=dealer coded the bluetooth option) this bluetooth function for free. New E60s have bluetooth capability built-in and only thing needed is coding?
Old 03-31-2008, 10:55 AM
Members

Originally Posted by tume' post='552295' date='Mar 28 2008, 04:44 PM
3600?? What the hell? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought several users in this forum retrofitted (=dealer coded the bluetooth option) this bluetooth function for free. New E60s have bluetooth capability built-in and only thing needed is coding?
Yes I rang a BMW dealer and was told the car would have to be wired for bluetooth costing in the
region of 3k euroCurrently looking around for another option...

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Retrofit (Ireland)