5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum (https://5series.net/forums/bluetooth-cell-phone-forum-26/)
-   -   Bluetooth Retrofit complete - old PROGMAN? (https://5series.net/forums/bluetooth-cell-phone-forum-26/bluetooth-retrofit-complete-old-progman-49281/)

Aestivalis 01-11-2008 12:22 PM

I had the Bluetooth Retrofit done on my 03/2004 build 530i yesterday, and picked it up today (cost = $260). While everything seems to work well (though it says the phonebook is empty when I try to use voice dial), I noticed that they upgraded my PROGMAN from 13.? to 21.0. Shouldn't they have given me 27.1 or higher?

nicke60gre 01-11-2008 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Aestivalis' post='516474' date='Jan 11 2008, 11:22 PM
I had the Bluetooth Retrofit done on my 03/2004 build 530i yesterday, and picked it up today (cost = $260). While everything seems to work well (though it says the phonebook is empty when I try to use voice dial), I noticed that they upgraded my PROGMAN from 13.? to 21.0. Shouldn't they have given me 27.1 or higher?

Do you have navigation/voice commands?
Is your mobile compatible?

I've had the same problem with phonebook, until I retrofitted the Navi-Pro and the problem solved.

Aestivalis 01-11-2008 02:37 PM

I have a crappy Windows Mobile 5 phone (Samsung SGH-i320N) so while the address book entries all came down, the voice commands don't really work and the car says "Phonebook Empty". I have to get a newer manual to see what the proper commands are. I don't have navigation, so I'm not sure what update would help.

nicke60gre 01-11-2008 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Aestivalis' post='516520' date='Jan 12 2008, 01:37 AM
I have a crappy Windows Mobile 5 phone (Samsung SGH-i320N) so while the address book entries all came down, the voice commands don't really work and the car says "Phonebook Empty". I have to get a newer manual to see what the proper commands are. I don't have navigation, so I'm not sure what update would help.

I think that the phonebook is a part of the voice commands which they available with CCC (Nav-Pro)
Have you ever had the phonebook feature in the past?

Jboat28 01-11-2008 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by nicke60gre' post='516525' date='Jan 11 2008, 06:46 PM
I think that the phonebook is a part of the voice commands which they available with CCC (Nav-Pro)
Have you ever had the phonebook feature in the past?

I'm not sure this is what you need, but when I had BT enabled I had the same problem. I figured out that the command is to say" Save Name" and then follow the promts to save a new phone book name (this is the verbal phone book -not the one download from the phone). When your done with the number just say "Save". Let me know if I'm off the mark here.
Thanks

Aestivalis 01-12-2008 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Jboat28' post='516587' date='Jan 11 2008, 08:36 PM
I'm not sure this is what you need, but when I had BT enabled I had the same problem. I figured out that the command is to say" Save Name" and then follow the promts to save a new phone book name (this is the verbal phone book -not the one download from the phone). When your done with the number just say "Save". Let me know if I'm off the mark here.
Thanks

You're right, I did have to save the names. So that all went pretty smoothly. Now is there really any problem with them giving me an older Progman? I noticed the CD advancing tracks once, but I haven't been able to replicate it. Is there any advantage to upgrading to 25 or higher?

Jboat28 01-12-2008 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Aestivalis' post='516827' date='Jan 12 2008, 12:16 PM
You're right, I did have to save the names. So that all went pretty smoothly. Now is there really any problem with them giving me an older Progman? I noticed the CD advancing tracks once, but I haven't been able to replicate it. Is there any advantage to upgrading to 25 or higher?

I can't help you with the program question, I'm somewhat new at this . Maybe one of the old masters can chime in. Glad you got the phone workiing. See-Ya