Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 10:00 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Isure wish BMWNA would get all over this, it has now been almost 2 years and still no bluetooth in my 11/03 car.
I too have a 2004 530i production date 7/03 and all i was required to do is get an updated TCU, mine and your is probably the same numbers ending in 592 are not compatiable with bluetooth and were the first series in the bluetooth set up. These units were released without checking to see that they functioned properly. My SA was ale to warranty my TCU allowing them to install a brand new updated tcu which had the bluetooth in it already. In addition my SA was kind enough to set up the bluetooth and configure it for no charge at all. Your only limitations to bluetooth is your TCU. Only TCU's compatitable with bluetooth are tcu's with a production date of 3/04 to present. hope this helps i have spent alot in dealing with the software and bluetooth. thanks

DINAN
Old 07-18-2005, 07:28 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DINAN530i' date='Jul 15 2005, 01:00 PM
Isure wish BMWNA would get all over this, it has now been almost 2 years and still no bluetooth in my 11/03 car.
I too have a 2004 530i production date 7/03 and all i was required to do is get an updated TCU, mine and your is probably the same numbers ending in 592 are not compatiable with bluetooth and were the first series in the bluetooth set up. These units were released without checking to see that they functioned properly. My SA was ale to warranty my TCU allowing them to install a brand new updated tcu which had the bluetooth in it already. In addition my SA was kind enough to set up the bluetooth and configure it for no charge at all. Your only limitations to bluetooth is your TCU. Only TCU's compatitable with bluetooth are tcu's with a production date of 3/04 to present. hope this helps i have spent alot in dealing with the software and bluetooth. thanks

DINAN
[snapback]149449[/snapback]
That is great that your SA helped you out with this as a warranty item. Any tips for those people who get told that this is not covered under warranty?
Old 07-19-2005, 09:42 AM
Members

My Ride: '08 550i, carbon black, sport package

The real question is how to get our TCU replaced under warranty? Dinan, how did you convince your SA to replace under warranty? Thanks.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:54 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by camquest' date='Jul 19 2005, 12:42 PM
The real question is how to get our TCU replaced under warranty? Dinan, how did you convince your SA to replace under warranty? Thanks.
[snapback]150737[/snapback]
well after all the cpi upgrades and problems the idrive still would lock me out the radio and climate control and would stop working still, so i keep complaining. They keep tellin me that the TCU andbluetooth was only an option not standard and to them i replied well its not even an option for me due to the TCU not being compaitable, so after 5 trips to the dealer in a month, and a letter to the head of the service department my next visit was real pleasant, SA asked if it was still turning on and off and malifunctioning and i stated yes like always and for the last month since i have had this car. So he replies we are going to replace the TCU since there cannot figure out why the software did not fix the errors, so now i have it replaced and workin all thanks to BMW warranty.. total warranty repair labor and parts and programming was 2753.87 US alot for an option huh....good luck all i can say is be patient and relentless..
Old 07-19-2005, 05:57 PM
Members

Thanks for the reply. I am frustrated that those of us who supported the e60 from the beginning are penalized for doing so! There should be some type of affordable solution for the early adoptors. Come on BMW, don't leave us hanging!!!!
Old 07-19-2005, 06:21 PM
Senior Members

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by camquest' date='Jul 19 2005, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the reply. I am frustrated that those of us who supported the e60 from the beginning are penalized for doing so! There should be some type of affordable solution for the early adoptors. Come on BMW, don't leave us hanging!!!!
[snapback]150969[/snapback]
We cannot allow them to just let the early e60's be bare with bluetooth. BMW needs to relise this and put a a fix out there asap and not for 3 G's
Old 07-20-2005, 10:44 AM
Members

I sent an email to BMWNA today asking them to take care of the early adoptors that support BMW. We will see, can't hurt.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:23 PM
Members

I received the typical "we are sorry and don't know if you can ever get bluetooth" reply from BMWNA.

Why would I or anyone else EVER want to support BMW and purchase a car in its first year of production. Shame on me!
Old 07-20-2005, 06:39 PM
Members

My Ride: 525i MY2004, Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Interior Euro Red Reflectors, AUX input, CIP 18.1
Smile

Originally Posted by camquest' date='Jul 20 2005, 07:23 PM
I received the typical "we are sorry and don't know if you can ever get bluetooth" reply from BMWNA.

Why would I or anyone else EVER want to support BMW and purchase a car in its first year of production. Shame on me!
[snapback]151408[/snapback]
I'm with you. This is what I got from BMWNA on the same request:

Unfortunately, Bluetooth technology is not available for your vehicle unless you replace the hardware which controls the communications in your vehicle.

The replacement of this part is quite costly and some of our BMW centers decline to perform this service due to the cost involved, which must be paid completely by the customer. If Bluetooth is a necessity for your enjoyment of the vehicle, please check with your local authorized BMW center to determine their policy on performing this work.

Like you said, I guess shame on us for not doing our homeworks before buying the car.