Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth Question Again

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 07:42 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 05 530i ED car has finally arrived at the dealer on Wed. When I was in Munich, the communication section only shown "contact dealership", and i don't have any function available. And the people at ED told me the bluetooth function will be installed when the car get to the U.S.

I went to dealer yesterday to make sure they put the bluetooth function for me. Under the communication screen, it is now showing "active your phone", and the BMW assistant seems to work now. However, the blue tooth function is still not there. The sales guy had no idea about the bluetooth, and told me to go home to read the user manual.

I told him there should be a option for bluetooth under communication, as I saw how it worked in Munich at a BMW dealership. The guy said he will ask the service department to see if I have it in there already, before I pickup the car today.

Is this sound like I still don't have the bluetooth, or it's in the Idrive already, but they haven't turn it on (or I missed something). I went to the communiction section by press down the i-drive button, but didn't find the bluetooth option either.

Any advise? Thanks!
Old 01-07-2005, 07:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by jzbmw' date='Jan 7 2005, 09:42 AM
My 05 530i ED car has finally arrived at the dealer on Wed.? When I was in Munich, the communication section only shown "contact dealership",? and i don't have any function available.? And the people at ED told me the bluetooth function will be installed when the car get to the U.S.?

I went to dealer yesterday to make sure they put the bluetooth function for me.? Under the communication screen, it is now showing "active your phone", and the BMW assistant seems to work now. However, the blue tooth function is still not there.? The sales guy had no idea about the bluetooth, and told me to go home to read the user manual.? ? ?

I told him there should be a option for bluetooth under communication, as I saw how it worked in Munich at a BMW dealership.? The guy said he will ask the service department to see if I have it in there already, before I pickup the car today.

Is this sound like I still don't have the bluetooth, or it's in the Idrive already, but they haven't turn it on (or I missed something).? I went to the communiction section by press down the i-drive button, but didn't find the bluetooth option either.?

Any advise?? Thanks!
[snapback]76674[/snapback]
Your salesman needs a slap. Get to know your service advisor and get them to code the system for BT.
Old 01-07-2005, 08:21 AM
Members

The sales guy just called and said I should have the bluetooth, and asked me to bring my phone to try to pair them. I hope he knew what he is talking this time.

I don't want to go there and find out he is full of s..., and have to get it fixed again.

Btw, I got my car from Perrillo BMW in Chicago, anybody else got there car there has the bluetooth function working?
Old 01-07-2005, 08:37 AM
Members

My Ride: F11 520d Imperialblue - HK Sound - Panorama Roof - High Executive

Originally Posted by jzbmw' date='Jan 7 2005, 11:21 AM
The sales guy just called and said I should have the bluetooth, and asked me to bring my phone to try to pair them.? I hope he knew what he is talking this time.?

I don't want to go there and find out he is full of s..., and have to get it fixed again.

Btw, I got my car from Perrillo BMW in Chicago, anybody else got there car there has the bluetooth function working?
[snapback]76690[/snapback]
Might be a useless comment, cause you already know, but pairing of the phone is under the "i" menu, not within communications.
Old 01-07-2005, 08:51 AM
Members

My Ride: MY 2004 545i; April build; 6 speed; silver grey metalic; black leather; poplar; sport package; cold weather; active steering; xenons .

Originally Posted by Eric525d' date='Jan 7 2005, 01:37 PM
[quote name='jzbmw' date='Jan 7 2005, 11:21 AM']The sales guy just called and said I should have the bluetooth, and asked me to bring my phone to try to pair them.? I hope he knew what he is talking this time.?

[snapback]76690[/snapback]
Might be a useless comment, cause you already know, but pairing of the phone is under the "i" menu, not within communications.
[snapback]76700[/snapback]
[/quote]
Does pairing involve more than having the BT phone in the car and pressing the i-drive command that activate the phone?
Old 01-07-2005, 09:12 AM
Senior Members

FAQ
Old 01-07-2005, 09:57 AM
Members

Thanks for the pairing instruction. I will bring it with me to the dealer today. Somebody has to know how to pairing the phone. :'(

I think to be a good sales person, they should at least know the car they are selling. Oh well.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:48 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i SMG Alpine White/Black Leather, Sport, Logic7, Cold Weather, Navigation

to see if u have BT, press the voice command button and say "BLUETOOTH" !!
Old 01-07-2005, 12:00 PM
Senior Members

congrats, jzbmw ! please post some pics after . btw, your sales guy should ask the tech instead of told you to read the manual. wtf !
Old 01-07-2005, 12:11 PM
Members

The following is the link to my post in bimmerfest on my ED trip. I will post some more after I get my car re-delivered.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80380