Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth Problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 03:23 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had no problems with Bluetooth (I have a Verizon Treo 700), until this week. The pairing started to go in and out in about 2 minute cycles. Calls were dropped during these cycles. Then, the pairing dropped altogether. I re-initialiized the pairing, and it works for awhile, starts to cycle on/off, and then goes kaput. My phone has no problems with Bluetooth connection to my ear bud, so it seems to be a problem with the car.

Anyone with similar problem or ideas? Thanks!
Old 01-25-2007, 09:07 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 525i,Mystic blau,bi xenon,steptronic,sunroof,inclined rear seat,black Merino leather,electric ,heated front seats with driver memory,navigator,rain sensor,head up display,active cruise control,PDC,bluethooth Sonyericsson T630 phone,134 wheels with winter tires and 138 with summer tires.

Hi,
my Sonyericsson did the same today.Did u remember to remove the device from the car ? Then you have to remove it from the phone, switch off the engine and phone, and then start the procedure for matching again. It worked OK im my car.
Good luck.

George Pissiotis
Thessaloniki,Greece
Old 01-26-2007, 03:47 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by AP Sales' post='377058' date='Jan 11 2007, 07:23 PM
I've had no problems with Bluetooth (I have a Verizon Treo 700), until this week. The pairing started to go in and out in about 2 minute cycles. Calls were dropped during these cycles. Then, the pairing dropped altogether. I re-initialiized the pairing, and it works for awhile, starts to cycle on/off, and then goes kaput. My phone has no problems with Bluetooth connection to my ear bud, so it seems to be a problem with the car.

A few weeks ago my Verizon Razr V3m lost the pairing wih the car. I was in the middle of a call. The phone recognized the car but the car wouldn't let it pair. I had no problems before that. I deleted the phone and tried to re-install. After a few unsuccessful tries, I got it to work. Yesterday the same thing happened. This time, I couldn't get the phone deleted or paired. I tried to deactivate Bluetooth through I-Drive and couldn't - it appeared frozen. I turned the car off for a couple of hours and tried again and the phone paired with no problems. No idea what's going on. Very weird.

I'm bringing my car in to have them adjust the HUD display and will have them look at the Bluetooth at that time.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:01 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 525i,Mystic blau,bi xenon,steptronic,sunroof,inclined rear seat,black Merino leather,electric ,heated front seats with driver memory,navigator,rain sensor,head up display,active cruise control,PDC,bluethooth Sonyericsson T630 phone,134 wheels with winter tires and 138 with summer tires.

looks like that your phone has a virus. Is it -in the bluetooth options visible to others ? if so u should check the opposite,not visisble to others. Maybe you need an update from BMW dealer for your Idrive health.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:54 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by stanatl' post='383637' date='Jan 26 2007, 06:47 AM
A few weeks ago my Verizon Razr V3m lost the pairing wih the car. I was in the middle of a call. The phone recognized the car but the car wouldn't let it pair. I had no problems before that. I deleted the phone and tried to re-install. After a few unsuccessful tries, I got it to work. Yesterday the same thing happened. This time, I couldn't get the phone deleted or paired. I tried to deactivate Bluetooth through I-Drive and couldn't - it appeared frozen. I turned the car off for a couple of hours and tried again and the phone paired with no problems. No idea what's going on. Very weird.

I'm bringing my car in to have them adjust the HUD display and will have them look at the Bluetooth at that time.
Have you had continued problems with the Bluetooth? My is not working except sporadically, and now my phone is throwing errors. I haven't had a chance to try to pair with another Bluetooth phone.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:26 AM
Members

Originally Posted by AP Sales' post='385473' date='Jan 30 2007, 09:54 PM
Have you had continued problems with the Bluetooth? My is not working except sporadically, and now my phone is throwing errors. I haven't had a chance to try to pair with another Bluetooth phone.
Nop! After a successful pair, everything is back to normal. Have you try another phone? Also I?ve noticed a failure in the car's system when I 'm forgetting to switch off the portable bluetooth headset.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:46 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by AP Sales' post='377058' date='Jan 11 2007, 04:23 PM

My Blackberry Pearl did exactly the same thing - cycling in and out of bluetooth connectivity. The problem turned out to be the address book. It starts syncronizing the address book when the bluetooth connects, but as soon as it gets to an entry it doesn't like (such as a overseas number that begins with a "+" sign or other objectionable character), the connection crashes. It then cycles through again.

My solution was to turn off transfer of the address book feature in my BB and it works fine - no dropped calls, connects all the time. Interesting that my previous BB (7130) had the same address book data but could sync the entire address book no problem. I am running CIP 24.02 (yes, the no ebrow version...)

I suspect your problem is also address book related. Hope this helps - good luck.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:17 PM
Contributors

Interesting! I know this has been discussed but don't recall the details: what format of storing numbers is "objectionable" between the car and Treo 700 (microsoft)?
Old 01-31-2007, 12:04 PM
Contributors

Unhappy

Don't know all the characters that are problematic, but I understand from BB forums that the + sign or " symbol are trouble. Switch off the address book transfer to confirm that is the problem first. Then check on some treo forums - my research has been specific to blackberry.

I feel your pain - super frustrating. In my case a have about 1500 contacts so I doubt I will be able to chase out all the problem characters....
Old 01-31-2007, 05:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by Westcoast 550' post='385991' date='Jan 31 2007, 04:04 PM
Don't know all the characters that are problematic, but I understand from BB forums that the + sign or " symbol are trouble. Switch off the address book transfer to confirm that is the problem first. Then check on some treo forums - my research has been specific to blackberry.

I feel your pain - super frustrating. In my case a have about 1500 contacts so I doubt I will be able to chase out all the problem characters....

Sounds like these phones need an update. It's not the car.

Oddly, the profiles on the phones can radically alter the way the interaction happens.

For example, my car has never had any code updates - it still has the rev that it came with from the factory - built in Mar 05. I have a Motorola Q that I recently updated. Prior to updating the phone OS, when I had multiple phone numbers for a contact, the car didn't mark the entries to indicate the kind of number it was... e.g. work, cell, home, etc... After updating the phone OS, the car now receives and displays (w) beside work numbers, ? beside cell, and (h) beside home. This information was always in the phone, it just hadn't been told to send it correctly before. The newer phone book bluetooth profile that was part of the phone update corrected it. Also, the signal meter (dead before) now shows up fine on the car.

So, I'd say try updating to a newer phone OS rev if you can. See if that helps.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Problems