Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth phone adjustments

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 07:50 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525d MSport, Carbon Black, Black Dakota Leather, Bluetooth, Xenons.

Hi all, i am having a problem with the phone system, everybody complains they can hardly hear me whilst talking using the bluetooth, is there a way of adjusting the volume on the mic? if i adjust the actual phone this wont affect it during "bluetooth" mode will it?? If I adjust the volume this only affects what i hear and thats fine anyway.
Thanks.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:36 AM
Senior Members

It?s likely your mobile is not fully compatible. Try a different (compatible) mobile and see if that changes things. If it is compatible, try a different mobile anyway, esp. one that can be verified as working properly in a car with the same sw level (i.e. Progman).
Old 09-23-2007, 10:52 AM
Members

My Ride: 2011 F11 520d SE Touring Auto, Sophisto Grey, black dakota leather, prof. nav (media pack), sports seats, DAB, speaker upgrade, ConnectedDrive, Internet

I have had persistant BT phone problems since the car was new, 2 and a half years ago. I've had the garage check it out on 3 occasions but it's got no better. The car is booked in for another service and I am determined not to take it back till its fixed.

At first it seemed my (original) phone, a Nokia 6310i, might not have been at the right firmware level to be fully compatible. However now I've had same problems with 3 other phones (Motorola Razr V3, Nokia 6233 and BlackBerry 8100). Exactly the problem you describe, I can hear the other party fine, but they can hardly hear me at all. I've tried all the tips I've found in this forum, adjusting volume on car, adjusting volume on phone - no real difference. Apparently BMW had a very early microphone but the dealer confirmed that mine is the 2nd/later type. Now I will be demanding they replace the mike whatever. I get the feeling this is problem of design, even though many people on the forum claim to have no issue whatsoever. I even took down the panel above the centre console to let the mike dangle closer to me, at a different angle etc but no good.

Now I feel I should have pressed to get this fixed much earlier but it's a real hassle for me to be without the car. That BMW charges so much for a BT kit that's worse than a ?100 aftermarket add-on for performance is irritating in the extreme. It might even be one of the main reasons I don't buy the car myself at the end of its company lease period.

If anyone has any further tips, if they've had this problem but it was improved by a replacement mike, new iDrive software level or by some sticky tape somewhere, whatever, please advise!
Old 09-24-2007, 03:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i -Brilliant Graphite/Oyster 2006 E5004matic- I must have been on drugs when I got this car 2004 545i Black Sapphire/Truffle Brown interior

I have the indentical problem, took my car in for service last week and they reported that I had a deffective microphone, so they changed it for a new one. The new one is worse than the old one, now everyone complains that they cannot hear me at all, this is so frustrating, I have the Krzr and know that it is not the phone.

I have had to resort to just using my Krzr on speakerphone instead of using bluetooth.

Does anyone know what the problem can be and is there a fix?

Thanks
Old 09-24-2007, 08:23 AM
Members

I have the same issue with my '08. I have not attempted to have it repaired, and I am a bit reluctant to. This appears to be a widespread issue. Too bad there is not a volume control on the mic pickup.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:02 AM
Members

With me its the other way..callers can hear me but they are hard for me to hear even when I am at a stop. I guess there is a trip to the friendly BMW stealer in the near future for my car.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:24 PM
Members

Originally Posted by bad2bone' post='473634' date='Sep 24 2007, 01:02 PM
With me its the other way..callers can hear me but they are hard for me to hear even when I am at a stop. I guess there is a trip to the friendly BMW stealer in the near future for my car.

You can adjust the volume of what you hear by simply using the radio volume adjustment.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i -Brilliant Graphite/Oyster 2006 E5004matic- I must have been on drugs when I got this car 2004 545i Black Sapphire/Truffle Brown interior

Originally Posted by gabman' post='473519' date='Sep 24 2007, 07:35 AM
I have the indentical problem, took my car in for service last week and they reported that I had a deffective microphone, so they changed it for a new one. The new one is worse than the old one, now everyone complains that they cannot hear me at all, this is so frustrating, I have the Krzr and know that it is not the phone.

I have had to resort to just using my Krzr on speakerphone instead of using bluetooth.

Does anyone know what the problem can be and is there a fix?

Thanks

To update my situation, I brought my car back to the dealer and told them that the problem is not the microphone, they changed the TCU and now my bluetooth is perfect, after testing a few calls everyone is reporting that they can now hear me fine.

The dealer confirmed that my TCU was deffective, to bad I put up with it for so long.