Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth Pairing Delay

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 10:54 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello All...I have read this forum for a couple years but this is my first post so please go easy on me!

My 2006 E60 (530XI, Nav, Comfort Access, Parking Assist, Premium) has been at the dealer many times for a bluetooth pairing delay. When the car first starts it takes about 2 minutes for my phone (I have tried a BMW approved Blackberry 8700c) to pair to the iDrive. The most annoying part is when I am on a call, walk up to the car and get in the 2 minute delay forces me to turn off the bluetooth on my phone until the time the iDrive will pair successfully then turn the bluetooth back on and let it pair.

A few more comments. I believe the person on the other end can hear me for those 2 minutes but I cannot hear them. Also the bluetooh connection icon on iDrive is not visible until after the 2 minute delay. Also my iDrive takes 30 seconds to a minute where I can't change the music station or even the volume.

I have noticed (when I had a loaner there is no delay in the LCI 2008 models, except when I had a loaner with Nav then it did take some time but not nearly as long as my 2006.

Also I have the latest Progman, my dealer just updated it a week or so ago to 30.

Not sure where to go from here. Its driving me crazy as I work alot of out of my car!
Old 08-21-2008, 01:05 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Space Gray 550i, Light Poplar Wood, Anthracite Head Liner, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Cold Weather Package, Front Ventilated Comfort Seats in Black Nasca Leather, NAV, HUD, Active Steering, Comfort Access, Night Vision, Lane Deviation Warning, Active Cruise Control, Heated Rear Seats, Folding Rear Seats, Power Shade w/ Rear Side-Shades, Rear Air Bags, Logic 7, HD Radio, Sirius Satellite Radio, iPod/USB Adapter. Car in BMW Body Shop, estimated completion 01/24/07.

Mine also sometimes takes longer than desirable. Variable; sometimes it connects within a few seconds.
Blackberry 8130 Pearl (approved).

Cal
Old 08-24-2008, 05:18 PM
Members

Originally Posted by mtonsi' post='651609' date='Aug 21 2008, 02:54 PM
Hello All...I have read this forum for a couple years but this is my first post so please go easy on me!

My 2006 E60 (530XI, Nav, Comfort Access, Parking Assist, Premium) has been at the dealer many times for a bluetooth pairing delay. When the car first starts it takes about 2 minutes for my phone (I have tried a BMW approved Blackberry 8700c) to pair to the iDrive. The most annoying part is when I am on a call, walk up to the car and get in the 2 minute delay forces me to turn off the bluetooth on my phone until the time the iDrive will pair successfully then turn the bluetooth back on and let it pair.

A few more comments. I believe the person on the other end can hear me for those 2 minutes but I cannot hear them. Also the bluetooh connection icon on iDrive is not visible until after the 2 minute delay. Also my iDrive takes 30 seconds to a minute where I can't change the music station or even the volume.

I have noticed (when I had a loaner there is no delay in the LCI 2008 models, except when I had a loaner with Nav then it did take some time but not nearly as long as my 2006.

Also I have the latest Progman, my dealer just updated it a week or so ago to 30.

Not sure where to go from here. Its driving me crazy as I work alot of out of my car!
I am having similar problems with mine...see my thread...can you time your connection and poston my thread?
Thanks
Old 08-24-2008, 05:49 PM
Contributors

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by roadie' post='653558' date='Aug 24 2008, 09:18 PM
I am having similar problems with mine...see my thread...can you time your connection and poston my thread?
Thanks
I've posted my reply in the previously referenced thread. My experience is exactly the same as yours. All available updates have been applied to my '07 530xi. I have taken to apologizing to callers explaining that because of the advanced technology in my BMW it takes a few minutes to pair my Motorola phone. Some have suggested I buy a FORD!
Old 09-08-2008, 06:47 PM
Members

Originally Posted by luigi524td' post='653573' date='Aug 24 2008, 09:49 PM
I've posted my reply in the previously referenced thread. My experience is exactly the same as yours. All available updates have been applied to my '07 530xi. I have taken to apologizing to callers explaining that because of the advanced technology in my BMW it takes a few minutes to pair my Motorola phone. Some have suggested I buy a FORD!
Maybe we can program idrive to answer our bluetooth calls "Please hold for 2 minutes while BMW connects your call "
Old 09-08-2008, 07:36 PM
Members

Originally Posted by mtonsi' post='664994' date='Sep 9 2008, 12:47 PM
Maybe we can program idrive to answer our bluetooth calls "Please hold for 2 minutes while BMW connects your call "
LOL!!

FWIW, I have noticed a delay with my bluetooth connecting to my iphone as well. Icon doesn't come up for over a minute, but I haven't actually timed it so don't know for exactly how long.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Could be a large contacts list. How big are the lists on these problematic phones? My phones have never posed any problems with my E60.