Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 12:38 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got the Motorola Q... My 530 seems to be recognizing the phone and the phone recognizes the car, but the car is asking for a pass key... the phone does not ask me to set a pass key...

any ideas?
Old 06-14-2006, 12:45 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by phester' post='297489' date='Jun 14 2006, 04:38 PM
I just got the Motorola Q... My 530 seems to be recognizing the phone and the phone recognizes the car, but the car is asking for a pass key... the phone does not ask me to set a pass key...

any ideas?
try 0000
Old 06-14-2006, 12:46 PM
Members

Phester,

The normal default passcode on Motorola Phones is "0000". If that dosn't work, dig through the manuel.

The Q isn't on the "approved" list, but it has the same Bluetooth support as the V3 so I would expect it to work.

Let me know how you get on - it working in my E60 is a pre-requisite for any new phone.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:51 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i SMG

Hope it works, I was looking at at that phone too. I have the treo650 and not happy that it keeps failing and not compatible to e60. How do you like the Q?
Old 06-14-2006, 01:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Be aware that the phone may eventually pair, but, for example, not load its phonebook. The latest software for a particular phone supplied to the various carriers is not always the same even though it looks the same superficially. Thus, for example, a phonebook for a particular phone may load if from one carrier, but not if from another. I think the Q is supplied by only one carrier, although I can't remember which. Even then the phone may pair, but not load its phonebook, for example.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:16 PM
Members

Ok, you guys are the best!!

It did work, the code was 0000.

The phone is great, although I need some time to get used to it. It is VERY different from the Blackberry I have (without bluetooth). It did not look like it had my phone book, but I did not check. I had never used BMW handsfree before, but WOW, it really is great!

Regarding a question about the Treo - I had the opportunity to buy the 700p or w, but it was a litte too big for my taste... The Q is very nice, but not as many features, not as big of a screen...

But the Q is right for me (at least for now...)

Thanks for the help...
Old 06-14-2006, 01:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by phester' post='297511' date='Jun 14 2006, 04:16 PM

The phone is great, although I need some time to get used to it. It is VERY different from the Blackberry I have (without bluetooth). It did not look like it had my phone book, but I did not check. I had never used BMW handsfree before, but WOW, it really is great!

Regarding a question about the Treo - I had the opportunity to buy the 700p or w, but it was a litte too big for my taste... The Q is very nice, but not as many features, not as big of a screen...

Thanks for the help...
You are welcome. Check this Q-related thread out. I haven't read it, but it should be right down your alley.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:35 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525i - Alpine White/Black Leather - Cold Weather, Premium Package, Auto, Xenons, Sat Radio, Anthracite wood trim. Sales Rep - Dave Walter BMW (Akron, Oh)

Originally Posted by phester' post='297511' date='Jun 14 2006, 05:16 PM

Thanks for the help...

THe code is any series of four numbers. You just have to input the same number on the phone and through the iDrive.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:21 PM
Members

Originally Posted by shuj:sidd' post='297523' date='Jun 14 2006, 05:35 PM
THe code is any series of four numbers. You just have to input the same number on the phone and through the iDrive.
Yeah, I realize that now - it was the same thing with bluetooth file transfer with my computer.

Since I was not used to the iDrive set up with the code, I was actually trying to confirm the numbers by exited out... weird, but it worked (and then I confirmed the numbers on the Q)...

Now I look fwd to getting back into my car after work and seeing if the phone numbers transfer... amazing...
Old 06-14-2006, 03:28 PM
Members

My Ride: Silvr Gray 545, 6spd manual, breyton front, acs rear wing, navi, maya dtm 20" on H&R springs and Eismann exhaust.

I LOVVVVVVVVE THE Q BEST PHONE OUT THERE

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Help