Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth and Blackberry 7100 t ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 04:31 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 545A Dynamic Drive Pkg (Active Steering; Active Stabilization) Sport Pkg, Premium Sound, CD Changer, Rain sensor wipers, Red Rear reflectors

Originally Posted by fishskis' date='Apr 25 2005, 07:55 PM
OK, I know there have been a million buetooth posts, and I have done a search, but I am still not sure.....

I am picking up an ED 545i with NAV in a few days. I have a BlackBerry7100 t (t-mobile).

Will this phone work with Bluetooth? Any special hints or advice?

Thanks.
[snapback]120017[/snapback]
I have cip 16.2 and V4.0.xxx on my 7100r (same as t) and everything works except phonebook transfer. Everything means:

Voice commands (Dial number, dial name, save name, correction, read phonebook, delete name, and the all important OFF)

Dial from iDrive : roll your numbers or select from previous dialed numbers (or missed calls? - I haven't tried this myself)

Missed call indicator (no message waiting indicator) ; missed call numbers are logged (date and time stamp'd)

Incoming phone numbers are shown on idrive and you can answer the call by: idrive or steering wheel button; or the BB

Bluetooth syncs up everything I get in the car. Very good voice quality on both ends.

I tried downloading my phone book via a Sony T616. The phonebook got transferred but the phonebook is associated with the T616. ie. you can't use another phone's phonebook with the BB.

I tried using a pocket PC to send a phonebook entry via bluetooth ... unfortunately that doesn't work either.

Instead of relying on the full BB phonebook, I created a shortlist of frequently used numbers and stored (recorded) them as voice dial entries which I can summon up with the "Dial Name" command and then say the Name of the entry. Or you can "scroll" through the voice dial entries with the "Read Phonebook" command to get idrive to playback each voice dial entries and when you hear the entry you wish to dial, say "Dial" and idrive will dial that number for you.

To me, using "Dial Name" is more useful than scrolling through the full phonebook (I have about 300+ entries on my little blackbook) on the idrive screen.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:39 AM
Members

Originally Posted by yogibear458' date='May 5 2005, 08:31 AM
[quote name='fishskis' date='Apr 25 2005, 07:55 PM']OK, I know there have been a million buetooth posts, and I have done a search, but I am still not sure.....

I am picking up an ED 545i with NAV in a few days. I have a BlackBerry7100 t (t-mobile).

Thanks.
I have cip 16.2 and V4.0.xxx on my 7100r (same as t) and everything works except phonebook transfer. Everything means:

Voice commands (Dial number, dial name, save name, correction, read phonebook, delete name, and the all important OFF)

Dial from iDrive : roll your numbers or select from previous dialed numbers (or missed calls? - I haven't tried this myself)

Missed call indicator (no message waiting indicator) ; missed call numbers are logged (date and time stamp'd)

Incoming phone numbers are shown on idrive and you can answer the call by: idrive or steering wheel button; or the BB

Bluetooth syncs up everything I get in the car. Very good voice quality on both ends.

I tried downloading my phone book via a Sony T616. The phonebook got transferred but the phonebook is associated with the T616. ie. you can't use another phone's phonebook with the BB.

I tried using a pocket PC to send a phonebook entry via bluetooth ... unfortunately that doesn't work either.

Instead of relying on the full BB phonebook, I created a shortlist of frequently used numbers and stored (recorded) them as voice dial entries which I can summon up with the "Dial Name" command and then say the Name of the entry. Or you can "scroll" through the voice dial entries with the "Read Phonebook" command to get idrive to playback each voice dial entries and when you hear the entry you wish to dial, say "Dial" and idrive will dial that number for you.

To me, using "Dial Name" is more useful than scrolling through the full phonebook (I have about 300+ entries on my little blackbook) on the idrive screen.
[snapback]124333[/snapback]
[/quote]

How were you able to save the voice name tags for "Dial Name"? I have 16.2 and a 7100t with V4.0. I have the same functionality as you, except when I try to utilize the "Save Name" voice command, the system doesn't understand. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:08 AM
Members

My Ride: 04 545A Dynamic Drive Pkg (Active Steering; Active Stabilization) Sport Pkg, Premium Sound, CD Changer, Rain sensor wipers, Red Rear reflectors

Originally Posted by sapaman' date='May 5 2005, 07:39 AM

How were you able to save the voice name tags for "Dial Name"? I have 16.2 and a 7100t with V4.0. I have the same functionality as you, except when I try to utilize the "Save Name" voice command, the system doesn't understand. Thanks in advance.
[snapback]124354[/snapback]
[/quote]

I say ?SAVE NAME?, idrive then prompts me to say the Name (maybe twice) and then prompts me to say the phone number. After confirming the last digit of the phone number (same way as Dial Number) , I say ?SAVE? to save the entry.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:19 AM
Members

Originally Posted by yogibear458' date='May 5 2005, 10:08 AM
[quote name='sapaman' date='May 5 2005, 07:39 AM']

[/quote]

I say ?SAVE NAME?, idrive then prompts me to say the Name (maybe twice) and then prompts me to say the phone number. After confirming the last digit of the phone number (same way as Dial Number) , I say ?SAVE? to save the entry.
[snapback]124363[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thx. Will try again.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:40 AM
Members

Originally Posted by sapaman' date='May 5 2005, 10:19 AM
[quote name='yogibear458' date='May 5 2005, 10:08 AM']
[quote name='sapaman' date='May 5 2005, 07:39 AM']

[/quote]

[snapback]124363[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thx. Will try again.
[snapback]124371[/snapback]
[/quote]

Can't figure this one out. iDrive recognizes "DIAL NAME" and "DIAL NUMBER", but not "SAVE NAME". So in theory I can voice dial by name - but I can't save any voice tags to select from. Unbelievable. Nonetheless, with the redial list and "DIAL NUMBER" command, I still find the bluetooth/7100t combo very useful. Better than a headset, especially with the steering wheel controls.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:21 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i, titanium silver, grey leather, Cold Weather Package, Premium Package, Auto Trans, Moonroof, Xenon adaptive headlights

Well, having just posted to a software v16.2 update/MP3 thread that my Blackberry 7290 doesn't pair, has anyone had experience with the 7290 as opposed to the 7100? Blackberry is clearly not listed on the BMW compatible phone list.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:26 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i, titanium silver, grey leather, Cold Weather Package, Premium Package, Auto Trans, Moonroof, Xenon adaptive headlights

Well, having just posted to a software v16.2 update/MP3 thread that my Blackberry 7290 doesn't pair, has anyone had experience with the 7290 as opposed to the 7100? Blackberry is clearly not listed on the BMW compatible phone list.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:39 PM
Members

Originally Posted by yogibear458' date='May 5 2005, 07:31 AM
[quote name='fishskis' date='Apr 25 2005, 07:55 PM']OK, I know there have been a million buetooth posts, and I have done a search, but I am still not sure.....

Thanks.

[/quote]

Have you tried storing some contacts on your SIM card? I heard that some folks have had success with getting SIM contacts to transfer (but I cannot truly confirm).
Old 05-13-2005, 04:46 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530i; Silver Gray; Sports and Premium Package; SAT radio; AUX input.

I agree with Yogibear. My 7100t has the same functionality as his, but ONLY after my car was upgraded to 16.2.

HOWEVER, please note that it will not work UNLESS you first upgrade to the Blackberry 4.0 software on the actual phone.

ALSO, please note that if you do not have cip 16.2, the functionality is limited to a speakerphone and that is it. Also, the connection sometimes comes and go which was very unreliable.

HOWEVER, once my car was upgraded to 16.2, all the options described by Yogibear are now working properly (i.e., dialing, receiving and viewing calls from the IDrive screen, etc. . ).

Good luck.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:30 AM
Members

anybody actualy try the SIM card idea yet?

Quick Reply: Bluetooth and Blackberry 7100 t ???