Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth and Blackberry 7100 t ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 05:55 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2002 M3 Convertible SMG Silver/Black 2005 545i ED Jet Black/Beige

OK, I know there have been a million buetooth posts, and I have done a search, but I am still not sure.....

I am picking up an ED 545i with NAV in a few days. I have a BlackBerry7100 t (t-mobile).

Will this phone work with Bluetooth? Any special hints or advice?

Thanks.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:59 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by fishskis' date='Apr 25 2005, 08:55 PM
OK, I know there have been a million buetooth posts, and I have done a search, but I am still not sure.....

I am picking up an ED 545i with NAV in a few days. I have a BlackBerry7100 t (t-mobile).

Will this phone work with Bluetooth? Any special hints or advice?

Thanks.
[snapback]120017[/snapback]
I'm pretty certain it won't. Numerous folks have tried that model and none of them to my knowledge were able to get it to fully function.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

I had a 7100t for a few days.

I returned it because it will not function with BMW Bluetooth. It will pair, but that's all.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:59 PM
Members

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' date='Apr 25 2005, 07:11 PM
I had a 7100t for a few days.

I returned it because it will not function with BMW Bluetooth.? It will pair, but that's all.
[snapback]120026[/snapback]
That's a bummer, someone told with me with the latest version of BlackBerry software it will work.

I guess I will find out soon enough, though it clearly doesn't look good.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

That could be true.

I never knew of any software update to the Blackberry while I had it. I had to return it quickly or else lose the opportunity of the trial period.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:32 AM
Members

It does work in a limited mode.
You need to upgrade your Blackberry software to the latest version.

You can receive calls. Dial thru Bberry to make the call (painful).

Connection is inconsistent (Once in a while, calling ability disappears).

I am using the speaker function on Bberry instead.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2002 330CIC with Sports and Premium (Sold 4/2005) 2005 545I Black Saphire Metalic, with Black Dakota Leather, Poplar trim. Sport Package, MTech Body kit and Spoiler, HUD, Comfort Seats, Navigation, Premium sound, CWP, Heated Rear Seats, Window shades. Valentine 1 hardwired, Aux input.

I am using it, and can use it on a limited basis. The phonebook will not download, but everything else works great. I just updated to the newest SW version, and have 16.2 as I just got the car. A friend thinks the phone book will work if I move my address book to the SIM card in the phone. This will be painful, but I will try it and let you know. I love the phone, so I am sticking with it.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:55 AM
Members

Originally Posted by LuvE60' date='Apr 26 2005, 09:26 AM
I am using it, and can use it on a limited basis.? The phonebook will not download, but everything else works great.? I just updated to the newest SW version, and have 16.2 as I just got the car.? A friend thinks the phone book will work if I move my address book to the SIM card in the phone.? This will be painful, but I will try it and let you know.? I love the phone, so I am sticking with it.
[snapback]120269[/snapback]
Well that is somewhat encouraging. Getting rid of the BlackBerry is not an option; it is an awesome piece of technology, and I love it. My one complaint however is the audio quality, particularly when driving; so even if the use is limited, that is better than nothing.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2002 330CIC with Sports and Premium (Sold 4/2005) 2005 545I Black Saphire Metalic, with Black Dakota Leather, Poplar trim. Sport Package, MTech Body kit and Spoiler, HUD, Comfort Seats, Navigation, Premium sound, CWP, Heated Rear Seats, Window shades. Valentine 1 hardwired, Aux input.

Originally Posted by fishskis' date='Apr 26 2005, 10:55 AM
[quote name='LuvE60' date='Apr 26 2005, 09:26 AM']I am using it, and can use it on a limited basis.? The phonebook will not download, but everything else works great.? I just updated to the newest SW version, and have 16.2 as I just got the car.? A friend thinks the phone book will work if I move my address book to the SIM card in the phone.? This will be painful, but I will try it and let you know.? I love the phone, so I am sticking with it.
[snapback]120269[/snapback]
Well that is somewhat encouraging. Getting rid of the BlackBerry is not an option; it is an awesome piece of technology, and I love it. My one complaint however is the audio quality, particularly when driving; so even if the use is limited, that is better than nothing.
[snapback]120324[/snapback]
[/quote]
That is exactly my thought. I have been taking conference calls in the car all week.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:07 PM
Contributors

It does work in a limited mode.
You need to upgrade your Blackberry software to the latest version.

You can receive calls. Dial thru Bberry to make the call (painful).

Connection is inconsistent (Once in a while, calling ability disappears).

I am using the speaker function on Bberry instead.

You could be correct..... but "working in a limited mode" does not = working in my view. Either you have a phone that allows phonebook download and voice control, or you have a phone that doesn't work.

That's why I had to break down and return to a normal cell phone. I never found a PDA style device that actually worked. After I got my RAZR, some people found that the Treo 650 PDA style device has been reported to have full funtionality.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth and Blackberry 7100 t ???