Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Blue Tooth Option??

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 06:48 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60

I know Blue Tooth is an option where you order the BMW phone and the BT apparently works.

But is there another option that allows me to bring in my BT phone and integrate it with the iDrive (when that whole thing works)? Is that some random other option?

I'm asking because I asked my dealer about BT availability and he mentioned that "it looks like 09/04, but that's dependant on a retrofit working for your build".

Maybe he meant that if I wanted to add the BMW phone later??

Retrofit for that even??

Thanks all...
Old 03-02-2004, 07:07 PM
Senior Members

My dealer told me that Blue tooth components are now being put in the cars.

The software and actual phone plug-ins will be ready sometime this summer.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:16 PM
Members

did he tell you anything about their price
Old 03-03-2004, 05:50 PM
Senior Members

NOTHING AT ALL
Old 03-04-2004, 11:47 AM

I have it, and I have seen it work on other cars. I am telling you, this is a pretty neat thing. I hear it won't be in until 9/4 in the US but i have it here in the Middle East.
if you have questions let me know
Old 03-04-2004, 02:10 PM
Senior Members

It seems to be an issue only in the US. Europe and middle East have it.
Old 03-04-2004, 02:54 PM
just left the dealership

I just left the dealership and asked about the phone situation and he asked there only mechanic trained to work on the new fives, He said that the module will start being shipped to them in april andthey will probly start to install them may or june. He also stated that there is a new software upgrade that just came out the end of Feb. I overheard this on the nextel that he was talking on funny though he spoke with another Service manager and the anly seem to think that T-mobile and Sun-com are the only carriers that have bluetooth. I will be taking the car in for the new update cause of the sunroof not closing with the key off the auto lights staying on in bright light, and radio static, the mechanic said that all of these issue are addressed in the new update. The manager also stated the Bmw is trying to get out of the phone business and are gonna stop with the cpt phones that is funny as they are just starting to get in the eject kits and things oh well believe it when we see iti hope that the voice activation thing can be fixed for my production of 10 03 as it seems usless to have these extra buttons for nothing will keep you guys posted on my progress
Old 03-04-2004, 03:36 PM
Senior Members

Good info. Where are you from? I also heard a salesman say that here ("BMW is getting out of the phone business").
Old 03-04-2004, 04:11 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

I am i Richmond Va and we have only two bmw dealerships hear they are owned by the same people, but they are like night and day the original dealership is so apt to tell you so much and mean so little but this one seems to be on the up and up so i will keep you guys in the fold
Old 03-04-2004, 04:54 PM
Members

Did you all get a lamenated piece of paper labeled "Bluetooth passkey PK*" I got this with my car and was told it provides all the neccessarey infor to intigrate a bluetooth phone. This makes me think it may already be working.

It has both Motorola and BMW logos on it?

Quick Reply: Blue Tooth Option??