Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Blue Tooth MPX220 Smart Phone

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 06:06 PM
Teg
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, I just picked up my car a little while ago and enjoyed the Aux connection with my Ipod. Clear sound with no static would make anyone happy.

The blue tooth was enabled as well. Right now I'm in the market looking for a new phone, obviously with blue tooth. My buddy came over and we tried to connect his MPx220 smart phone. NO LUCK! This sucks but I'm not sure if its the phone or not. I downloaded the directions on how to connect to the Blue tooth and everything worked fine upto the address area. Nothing ever transfered over. The first time we connected the phone acted like a $50,000 blue tooth headset. The second and third time we got nothing. Both the phone and the car saw each other but no transfers happedned.

Any clues would help? I did a search for a smartphone connection and I haven't found anything.

PS: I had both Aux and blue tooth install for $325 at Knauz BMW, Lake Bluff, IL.
Old 12-07-2004, 07:01 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Teg' date='Dec 7 2004, 10:06 PM
Hey, I just picked up my car a little while ago and enjoyed the Aux connection with my Ipod.? Clear sound with no static would make anyone happy.

The blue tooth was enabled as well.? Right now I'm in the market looking for a new phone, obviously with blue tooth.? My buddy came over and we tried to connect his MPx220 smart phone.? NO LUCK!? This sucks but I'm not sure if its the phone or not.? I downloaded the directions on how to connect to the Blue tooth and everything worked fine upto the address area.? Nothing ever transfered over.? The first time we connected the phone acted like a $50,000 blue tooth headset.? The second and third time we got nothing.? Both the phone and the car saw each other but no transfers happedned.

Any clues would help?? I did a search for a smartphone connection and I haven't found anything.

PS: I had both Aux and blue tooth install for $325 at Knauz BMW, Lake Bluff, IL.
[snapback]66388[/snapback]
I have found a list (not official - user complied) of compatible phones at:

http://www.x5world.net/bluetooth_compatible_phones.htm

Don't see your phone on that list (for good or ill) so not sure what help it would be for you.

Good news is that your phone works. WHen I first paired my T637 I had the same concern as you - phone worked but no address book sync. I turned the car off for a few minutes and turned it back on - still no address book sync.

Next morning when I got in the car, the phone book was there.

Not sure how/when it happened, but it was automatic and gave me no indication it was happening. Note also that the same thing happened when I updated some numbers on my phone. I tried to force a "manual update" without any success. Then, the next day, all my changes/updates were there.

Hang in there and check the car tomorrow. You may be pleasantly surprised.

--Joe
Old 12-07-2004, 10:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by Teg' date='Dec 7 2004, 08:06 PM
Hey, I just picked up my car a little while ago and enjoyed the Aux connection with my Ipod.? Clear sound with no static would make anyone happy.

The blue tooth was enabled as well.? Right now I'm in the market looking for a new phone, obviously with blue tooth.? My buddy came over and we tried to connect his MPx220 smart phone.? NO LUCK!? This sucks but I'm not sure if its the phone or not.? I downloaded the directions on how to connect to the Blue tooth and everything worked fine upto the address area.? Nothing ever transfered over.? The first time we connected the phone acted like a $50,000 blue tooth headset.? The second and third time we got nothing.? Both the phone and the car saw each other but no transfers happedned.

Any clues would help?? I did a search for a smartphone connection and I haven't found anything.

If you got your phone to work, it's most probably fully compatible. All Cingular Motorola BT phones have the full OBEX capabilities. The phonebook transfer is not instant. It can take as long as 10 minutes of inactivity (don't use the phone for 10 minutes) so that the BT link is inactive. The phonebook should transfer. If that fails, try copying the contacts from the SIM to the phone and try again.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:06 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 525i w/ sports and premium pakage, titanium silver, gray dakota leather w/ polar grain wood trim, steptronic

hey hormad, how much did u say it was to get BT installed??was it $1100??
Old 12-07-2004, 11:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by JiMmY912' date='Dec 8 2004, 01:06 AM
hey hormad, how much did u say it was to get BT installed??was it $1100??
[snapback]66447[/snapback]
I paid for one hour of labor. $110 (one hundred, ten dollars). This was to upgrade me to V13.3 and code and test.

The $1,100 was the cost of the CPT 9000 kit and phone installed. I was scheduled for that but got the BT instead.
Old 12-08-2004, 12:28 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 525i w/ sports and premium pakage, titanium silver, gray dakota leather w/ polar grain wood trim, steptronic

oh i c, thnx
Old 12-08-2004, 04:44 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545i/6sp SilverGray/Beige

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Dec 8 2004, 02:54 AM
[quote name='Teg' date='Dec 7 2004, 08:06 PM']Hey, I just picked up my car a little while ago and enjoyed the Aux connection with my Ipod.? Clear sound with no static would make anyone happy.

If you got your phone to work, it's most probably fully compatible. All Cingular Motorola BT phones have the full OBEX capabilities. The phonebook transfer is not instant. It can take as long as 10 minutes of inactivity (don't use the phone for 10 minutes) so that the BT link is inactive. The phonebook should transfer. If that fails, try copying the contacts from the SIM to the phone and try again.
[snapback]66445[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hormazd has it right; contacts on the SIM alone will not transfer over. I experienced this on a SE T616 and my current Moto v600. The contacts _have_ to be on the phone. I'm not sure if Windows Mobile SmartPhone edition will even allow you to set where the contact info is stored.

-MrB
Old 12-08-2004, 05:58 AM
Teg
Members

Thanks for the info guys. I'm going try again tonight...
Old 12-08-2004, 06:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

The list of those compatable phones is incorrect.

The BlackBerry 7100t does NOT work with BMW Bluetooth.
Old 02-04-2005, 01:54 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Teg' date='Dec 7 2004, 10:06 PM

Teg:

I'm looking at the MPx220 as well as the Razr. I know the Razr will work with our cars but I actually like the MPx better. Did you ever get it to work?

Quick Reply: Blue Tooth MPX220 Smart Phone