Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

BlackBerry Torch 9800

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 05:05 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Funny thing happened yesterday...my Torch kept losing the BT connection to the car without warning. I'm not sure if it was the car or the phone but it was strange.

We'll keep an eye on things and see if it was something isolated or not.

P.S. -- Moopai, as far as I know right now, my car is either on a boat or waiting for a boat. It's highly likely that pictures will be posted here when I get it...
Old 10-15-2010, 11:47 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i TITANIUM GREY II on Black Dakota Lthr, Comfort Seats, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Active/Dynamic Drive, NAV, Winter Package.

Rudy,

Your theory was right about the problem I've been experiencing with the Torch. This thing has been bothering so much that I needed to get to the bottom of it. So last night I was comparing the configuration one-to-one with the Bold vs the Torch and found that I have one extra category on the Torch checked which I did not have on the Bold. I removed this category this morning and boom everything is working like a charm. It looks like once you download couple of hundred names to the iDrive it goes crazy and cannot figure out what you are calling.

Regarding your BT disconnect, I met with a friend today lunch, he has a 2010 335i, he complained to me about the same problem you are experiencing with his Torch, it's dropping the BT connection for no reason while with the Bold no issues! Let us know how it goes with you. You might want to re-install the OS on the Torch and see if that fixes the problem.

Regarding the pictures of the new car, why you are not going to post them on here? Is it because too many people hate the F10? I like it, nice looking machine, I have not had the chance to drive one yet.

Originally Posted by Rudy
Funny thing happened yesterday...my Torch kept losing the BT connection to the car without warning. I'm not sure if it was the car or the phone but it was strange.

We'll keep an eye on things and see if it was something isolated or not.

P.S. -- Moopai, as far as I know right now, my car is either on a boat or waiting for a boat. It's highly likely that pictures will be posted here when I get it...
Old 10-18-2010, 06:37 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Moopai
Regarding the pictures of the new car, why you are not going to post them on here? Is it because too many people hate the F10? I like it, nice looking machine, I have not had the chance to drive one yet.
You may want to re-read my post (or the version you quoted me on above...) I think your brain may have seen an extra word or two when you first read it...
Old 10-18-2010, 06:44 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i TITANIUM GREY II on Black Dakota Lthr, Comfort Seats, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Active/Dynamic Drive, NAV, Winter Package.

You're right I was so upset about the Torch not working that I did read few more words then you posted!!!

Originally Posted by Rudy
You may want to re-read my post (or the version you quoted me on above...) I think your brain may have seen an extra word or two when you first read it...
Old 10-20-2010, 06:01 PM
Members

I was having a BT problem with my 335i. I loaded a couple of "leaked" OSes for the 9800 and finally loaded version .246. That fixed a lot of problems.

AT&T has released .246 for public consumption. I highly recommend it.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:55 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mdobin
I was having a BT problem with my 335i. I loaded a couple of "leaked" OSes for the 9800 and finally loaded version .246. That fixed a lot of problems.

AT&T has released .246 for public consumption. I highly recommend it.
Mine has been on .246 -- aside from a couple random BT issues (and BB reboots to fix it), I haven't seen too many major issues with my E60. It'll be interesting to see how everything works on the F10 in a few weeks or so...
Old 10-21-2010, 05:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2013 535i xDrive AW/Black M-kit

Mine works fine... Had mine since the first day it came out.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:21 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Hey guys,

You know when you've paired the phone with your car and when you start the car (or when ignition is in ON), a prompt pops up on the phone asking if you want to connect? I accidently put NO and at the same time, checked the DO NOT ASK THIS AGAIN so now that prompt doesn't come up anymore and I can't connect. How do I fix this? I checked Bluetooth settings and it says ON and under Discoverable I put YES (not sure if it's supposed to be No or 2 Minutes). I also took out the battery to reset the phone but still doesn't work.

Help please....
Old 10-31-2010, 12:13 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Nevermind. Figured it out.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan