Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!
View Poll Results: Your experience/comments
31.58%
Dislike
47.37%
Neither Like nor Dislike
21.05%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Blackberry Storm

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009 | 10:05 AM
Contributors

I've searched for people's comments about the Blackberry Storm, but couldn't seem to find any. Apologies if this has already been discussed - my googling skills are less than desired...With that said, I'm interested in upgrading to the Storm from my current phone, which is the BB Curve. Any thoughts and/or comments would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 07-08-2009 | 10:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by theonlychoman' post='936321' date='Jul 8 2009, 11:05 AM
I've searched for people's comments about the Blackberry Storm, but couldn't seem to find any. Apologies if this has already been discussed - my googling skills are less than desired...With that said, I'm interested in upgrading to the Storm from my current phone, which is the BB Curve. Any thoughts and/or comments would be appreciated. Thanks.
Had the BB storm since January, and overall its been ok. The major problems I had with it were random reboots, slow response lagging from the keyboard, people couldnt hear me very well (unless i used bluetooth or speaker) Alot of those issues were fixed with a firmware upgrade that came out last month, but overall the non touch screen blackberrys have faster processors, Its a low end processor for a touch screen. I would hold off until the next gen BB storm comes out.
Old 07-08-2009 | 10:40 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jim7498' post='936333' date='Jul 8 2009, 11:15 AM
Had the BB storm since January, and overall its been ok. The major problems I had with it were random reboots, slow response lagging from the keyboard, people couldnt hear me very well (unless i used bluetooth or speaker) Alot of those issues were fixed with a firmware upgrade that came out last month, but overall the non touch screen blackberrys have faster processors, Its a low end processor for a touch screen. I would hold off until the next gen BB storm comes out.
Thanks for the info. It's very useful!
Old 07-08-2009 | 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

not a big fan...I am waiting on the VZW BB 9630, gets released this coming Monday July 13th
Old 07-08-2009 | 01:03 PM
Members

Worked 'out of the box' and did 'exactly as it says on the tin' . Paired with the car no problems and transferred all the address book without any phaffing about. Never drops a call and the sound is crystal clear (handset AND via the cars bluetooth) BUT the battery life is crap. Having said that it did improve after a software upgrade.

JFI it also paired and transferred the address book contents to a friends x3 which is more than the Nokia's seem capable of doing!!
Old 07-08-2009 | 01:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Worst phone I have ever owned. :thumbsdown: Horrible OS(SLOW), leaks memory, accelerometer is slow to respond to landscape/portrait(if and when is responds), locks up, reboots. Camera is very slow to respond making it difficult to capture spontaneous moments.

That being said, I will sell you mine. You'll love it!!
Old 07-08-2009 | 01:13 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='936499' date='Jul 8 2009, 02:06 PM
Worst phone I have ever owned. :thumbsdown: Horrible OS(SLOW), leaks memory, accelerometer is slow to respond to landscape/portrait(if and when is responds), locks up, reboots. Camera is very slow to respond making it difficult to capture spontaneous moments.

That being said, I will sell you mine. You'll love it!!
Sure...I'll take that and any swamp land that you may have in the Everglades....
Old 07-08-2009 | 01:14 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='936437' date='Jul 8 2009, 01:18 PM
not a big fan...I am waiting on the VZW BB 9630, gets released this coming Monday July 13th
Thanks, Gene. I didn't know about the 9630....from reading about it, that is an awesome phone...can't wait till it comes out...7/13 you said???
Old 07-08-2009 | 01:56 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i

The Storm is absolute garbage. Its way too slow and can be a pain to type on, especially if you decide to switch from SureType (portrait) to QWERTY (landscape) mid message. The rotation can be laborious to say the least.

Gene is right, the 9630, or Tour, looks awesome and has gotten high reviews: http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2009/07/07/v...ry-tour-review/

I believe that its actually coming out on July 12th though.
Old 07-08-2009 | 04:16 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by hhussain' post='936552' date='Jul 8 2009, 02:56 PM
The Storm is absolute garbage. Its way too slow and can be a pain to type on, especially if you decide to switch from SureType (portrait) to QWERTY (landscape) mid message. The rotation can be laborious to say the least.

Gene is right, the 9630, or Tour, looks awesome and has gotten high reviews: http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2009/07/07/v...ry-tour-review/

I believe that its actually coming out on July 12th though.
true, sunday the 12th....cannot wait, still unable to pre order..I'm on a corp account along with it's hit and miss with existing customers on availability to pre order, 4 more days either way

Quick Reply: Blackberry Storm