Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

BlackBerry Curve

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 06:03 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for posting about this phone. I was looking at the 8800 or 8830, but this one looks much better. Gonna look into it tomorrow. Any problems with Bluetooth pairing in the E60?
Old 06-01-2007, 06:23 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2009 550i sports, Nav, logic Best E60 yet 2004 545i, sports pkg, logic 7 steptronic, rear shade,orient blue with beige interior, blue tooth enabled Razer Phone. 2004 X5 3.0, sports pkg, stepronic, summer pkg. imola red. 2006 Mini Cooper S, manual, sports, prem pkg, nav and kitchen sink.

I like added features of the cuve over the pearl except size, how are you carrying the curve? I have been really spoiled with my razer, but I have to replace it and I'm still trying to decide which device is best for me.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:28 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jochet' post='430956' date='Jun 1 2007, 10:23 PM
I like added features of the cuve over the pearl except size, how are you carrying the curve? I have been really spoiled with my razer, but I have to replace it and I'm still trying to decide which device is best for me.
Doesn't look that big to me. Then again, I'm coming from a Palm 650 (aka the Brick). Virtually everything will look ginormous to you if you have a RAZR. Did you look into the BB Pearl? I like that one too, but hate the fact that there are two letters to each button :thumbsdown:

Unless it's really disappointing in person, I'll probably get one this weekend.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:42 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2009 550i sports, Nav, logic Best E60 yet 2004 545i, sports pkg, logic 7 steptronic, rear shade,orient blue with beige interior, blue tooth enabled Razer Phone. 2004 X5 3.0, sports pkg, stepronic, summer pkg. imola red. 2006 Mini Cooper S, manual, sports, prem pkg, nav and kitchen sink.

Originally Posted by bmwbonehead' post='430959' date='Jun 1 2007, 10:28 PM
Doesn't look that big to me. Then again, I'm coming from a Palm 650 (aka the Brick). Virtually everything will look ginormous to you if you have a RAZR. Did you look into the BB Pearl? I like that one too, but hate the fact that there are two letters to each button :thumbsdown:

Unless it's really disappointing in person, I'll probably get one this weekend.

It's funny that you said that, I'm thinking of buying one as well although I really wante to play with the iphone before I buy anything if I can wait that long.

Right now it's raining in Florida, but if its nice in the morning it's golf for me; if it's still raining I'm shopping. Let me know if they offer a decent belt case to carry the curve. My wife has the Pearl and loves it, she has gotten used to typing on it.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:27 PM
Senior Members

Just got the Curve. Haven't had time to mess around with it yet. Looks great. Very small. About the size of a deck of cards, half as thick. Very light. Will take some getting used to the trackball coming from the Treo.
They didn't have any cases available for this unit yet, so will have to carry it very carefully until I can get something.
Old 06-03-2007, 02:47 PM
Senior Members

Whats going on ED??? Hahah
Old 06-20-2007, 05:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530Xi - Navigation, Premium package, Steptronic.

Sparky12 - Now that you've had the Curve for a couple of weeks, how about posting something regarding your experience...pros, cons, best feature, etc.?
Old 06-24-2007, 05:08 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ExGMan' post='437749' date='Jun 20 2007, 09:49 AM
Sparky12 - Now that you've had the Curve for a couple of weeks, how about posting something regarding your experience...pros, cons, best feature, etc.?
I'm not Sparky, but I can give you some impressions. First, off, coming off of a Palm Treo, I still miss the touch screen interface. This thing would be perfect if it only had that. Otherwise, good phone. Very compact, track ball is fairly easy to get used to and navigate, although I have a bad feeling that with so much daily use, it'll break in a few months
As far as I know, the Curve and the Pearl are the only BB's with a camera phone (if that's important to you). Resolution sucks, but what do you expect from a camera phone?

One nitpicky thing: I like to put the phone on standby when I'm not using it to save power, but the button is recessed in the top of the phone and not easy to reach while holding the phone with one hand and push. Should have put it on the side where you could access it with your thumb.

I've never had a Blackberry before, so can't comment on how it compares to other models, but I know it's considerably smaller than the older versions, only slightly larger than the Pearl. If you're a BB person, I highly recommend it.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:39 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bmwbonehead' post='439251' date='Jun 24 2007, 09:08 PM
I'm not Sparky, but I can give you some impressions. First, off, coming off of a Palm Treo, I still miss the touch screen interface. This thing would be perfect if it only had that. Otherwise, good phone. Very compact, track ball is fairly easy to get used to and navigate, although I have a bad feeling that with so much daily use, it'll break in a few months
As far as I know, the Curve and the Pearl are the only BB's with a camera phone (if that's important to you). Resolution sucks, but what do you expect from a camera phone?

One nitpicky thing: I like to put the phone on standby when I'm not using it to save power, but the button is recessed in the top of the phone and not easy to reach while holding the phone with one hand and push. Should have put it on the side where you could access it with your thumb.

I've never had a Blackberry before, so can't comment on how it compares to other models, but I know it's considerably smaller than the older versions, only slightly larger than the Pearl. If you're a BB person, I highly recommend it.
I've been a Blackberry 8700g user for a little over 12 months and my wife had seen how functional it was, so asked for a Pearl for herself when the RAZR died.

She loves the fact that it's more like a normal phone in size and usage, yet gets all her emails etc. I updated it with the Zen theme which makes the navigation of it 10 times easier.

I came from a SE P910 and although it took a little adjusting and learning all the shortcuts, I would not go to any other phone. Simple things, like press and hold a button to get a capital letter, press space twice to get a full stop and space (or dot for webs) regardless of what application you're in. They both pair VERY well with our cars and have great volume and clarity. I assigned a button for key lock that is simply a habit now.

From what I can see, the Curve is a combo of my 8700g and the Pearl. I prefer the trackwheel of my 8700g as it also has the menu by pressing in, but that is a minor thing.

Cheers