Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

blackberry bluetooth audio gateway A2DP issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 07:13 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blackberry bluetooth audio gateway A2DP issues

hey guys since I got the iphone 5 and my old dock i previously installed in my car isn't compatible with my new phone because of the new lightning connector I decided to wait until they come out with a lightning to video out cable before I invest in a new dock.

So in the mean time I bought one of those blackberry bluetooth gateway devices and installed in my car to enjoy the music services i have on my phone in my car wirelessly I have some previous experience with wiring audio device in my car because i installed the ipod dock and back up cam ect in the car I basically learned that when installing devices like dvd players media players iphones whatever if they are going to require charging/power the best way to power them up is by tapping into the same power source that powers up the radio, or else you will end up with with whindy high pitch noise in the background of your music or video. I had that issue with my ipod dock because i was tapping into the cigarette lighter and bruce gave me the advice to tap into the power cable going into the mega block that plugs into the radio and viola pitchy noise was gone and until this day ipod dock has crystal clear sound. btw I tried all sorts of ground loop isolation devices none of them worked properly some either killed the sound so much there was barely and volume while others just plain didn't work.

so with all that said i installed my bbbg and powered it with the same wire i tapped into behind the radio for my ipod dock unfortunatley this time the hissy noise was still there when I switch over to my ipod source it doesn't have the hissy noise so I'm back to square one with the noise issue I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for me maybe those who have previously installed these into their cars already. I found this one article of a guy saying he used some ferrite cores on the usb mini cable and it fixed the problem for him but when i tried, it didn't work for me.

Fixing the Prius ground loop hum without sacrificing audio quality. | Streaming Freebies