Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Anyone have the Motorola E815 and cradle?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006 | 01:40 PM
Members

My Ride: 550i delivery end of Feb. 2006 Jet Black| Black Interior| Sports Package| Manual | Cold Weather| Comfort Access| Sun Shades| Premium Sound Package | Sat. Radio| M Aero Kit | Rear Spoiler

Since my car is due the end of the week I have a lot of preparing to do. I still never picked out my bluetooth phone yet. I am leaning twards the Motorola E815 (I have Verizon). I like the idea of the phone cradle. Does anyone have the cradle? Do you like it? Does it work well?..........thanks.
Old 02-11-2006 | 02:01 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545iS 6 spd, bought new via eBay, 11/05; Blk/Gry, Cold, L7, PDC, BMW Rear seatcover for pets. First "Bumwa" was a new 1971 2002. High performance 5s since 1987. Beamer motorcycles too, currently on an 07 BMW K1200 GT; also a Moto Guzzi 1000 SP III.

Originally Posted by Toni' post='238575' date='Feb 11 2006, 05:40 PM
Since my car is due the end of the week I have a lot of preparing to do. I still never picked out my bluetooth phone yet. I am leaning twards the Motorola E815 (I have Verizon). I like the idea of the phone cradle. Does anyone have the cradle? Do you like it? Does it work well?..........thanks.
I've had the Verizon E 815 about 3 months but mine does not (yet) work with the car system. I am planning on installing the old armrest cradle and BT adapter as soon as my dealer gets their act together. I keep the phone in the slot beneath the CD player and use a Verizon BT earpiece ($50 on sale for $29) that works fine (this is my first BT experience). I've only used the combo a couple of times while in traveling to Boston and or out of town.

I rarely use the mobile and upgraded from an ancient Motorla analog StarTac that was dying; but I have to say, even dying, the sound quallity and strength on that old unit far surpasses this new one, but that may be due to analog system vs digital, which of course has a much shorter signal range, etc.

There are others on here with the complete setup you seek, but you may want to post your enquiry in the BT/Cell room.

Welcome, and try to keep yourself under control until delivery time!

Ray Hull
Old 02-11-2006 | 03:06 PM
Members

My Ride: 550i delivery end of Feb. 2006 Jet Black| Black Interior| Sports Package| Manual | Cold Weather| Comfort Access| Sun Shades| Premium Sound Package | Sat. Radio| M Aero Kit | Rear Spoiler

Thanks for the reply Ray. I will check out the bluetooth discussions (forgot to post in the right area). My sales rep. has given me some real bad info. He said the only set up like I want is for the 815?????? Glad I decided to ask around before running out to purchase one.
Old 02-11-2006 | 09:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 M5 -- Exterior: Silverstone, Interior: Black. Fully Loaded. That just about sums it up! :-)

Hi Toni,

Yes, as Ray suggested, check out the bluetooth/cell phone forum. I recently bought the cradle, adaptor and mounting equipment and am scheduled to have the unit (for an E815 -- Verizon provider) installed at the end of February. It's important to note that the BMW cradle for the E815 is designated for the Motorola 760(?). Same shape and configuration so some of the part number/references now say 760/E815.

I like my E815. I was recently *assigned* a black razor motorola phone (Cingular provider) for work. Cool Phone but they have no phone cradle for it due to the phone connection being on the side instead of the bottom.

I'll let you know how my install goes. Good Luck with your phone shopping!
-CoolTones
Old 02-12-2006 | 06:23 AM
Members

Originally Posted by CoolTones' post='238779' date='Feb 11 2006, 10:29 PM
Hi Toni,

Yes, as Ray suggested, check out the bluetooth/cell phone forum. I recently bought the cradle, adaptor and mounting equipment and am scheduled to have the unit (for an E815 -- Verizon provider) installed at the end of February. It's important to note that the BMW cradle for the E815 is designated for the Motorola 760(?). Same shape and configuration so some of the part number/references now say 760/E815.

I like my E815. I was recently *assigned* a black razor motorola phone (Cingular provider) for work. Cool Phone but they have no phone cradle for it due to the phone connection being on the side instead of the bottom.

I'll let you know how my install goes. Good Luck with your phone shopping!
-CoolTones
Thanks for the info. I'm going to get the 815 with cradle. I read the blue tooth forum and it does sound like the phone for me. I was going to get it today but we are having a big snow storm so it will have to wait until one day this week Can't wait to try it in my new car !!!!!!!!!! Hope your install goes well and you like it. Keep me posted........
Toni
Old 02-16-2006 | 11:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i -Brilliant Graphite/Oyster 2006 E5004matic- I must have been on drugs when I got this car 2004 545i Black Sapphire/Truffle Brown interior

Toni,

I have has the Moto E 815 since November and have to say it is one of the best phones that I have had. I initially wanted to get the cradle for it but found out since I have a 2004 E60, I cannot use the cradle with my car.

The cradle set up allows for use of the external shark fin antenna plus it charges the phone while in the cradle. All other bluetooth functions, hands free, voice recognition are the same whether you have a cradle or not.

I have found the reception of this phone to be excellent and have not had one dropped call using the regular antenna of the phone, the battery last for days even with regular bluetooth use and I talk for at least 50 minutes a day from my car. I bought a regular cigarette lighter charger for $ 20.00 and the phone can charge while I am talking as I use bluetooth and never have to touch my phone while in the car.

I suggest that you get the phone and use it without the cradle for a bit, you may find that you really do not need the cradle.
Just my opinion
Old 02-17-2006 | 06:09 AM
Members

Originally Posted by gabman' post='241296' date='Feb 16 2006, 12:05 PM
Toni,

I have has the Moto E 815 since November and have to say it is one of the best phones that I have had. I initially wanted to get the cradle for it but found out since I have a 2004 E60, I cannot use the cradle with my car.

The cradle set up allows for use of the external shark fin antenna plus it charges the phone while in the cradle. All other bluetooth functions, hands free, voice recognition are the same whether you have a cradle or not.

I have found the reception of this phone to be excellent and have not had one dropped call using the regular antenna of the phone, the battery last for days even with regular bluetooth use and I talk for at least 50 minutes a day from my car. I bought a regular cigarette lighter charger for $ 20.00 and the phone can charge while I am talking as I use bluetooth and never have to touch my phone while in the car.

I suggest that you get the phone and use it without the cradle for a bit, you may find that you really do not need the cradle.
Just my opinion
Thanks gabman. I am going tonight to pick up the 815. I'm going to get all the info. tranfered to my new phone so it's all ready to go for pick up of my new car the end of next week I can't wait to have bluetooth. It's so much more safer too.
Old 02-18-2006 | 09:52 AM
Members

I picked up the E815 lastnight. I think it's a great phone. I love the diplay. I can't wait to try it with the bluetooth in the car. I'll let you know what I think of it when I pick up my car.
Old 02-22-2006 | 09:45 PM
Members

I have the E815 phone and just picked up my 530 on a ED redelivery on Sunday. I had the BMW E815 dock placed into the arm west. It was expensive...parts and labor over $500! It works well with the E815 adn I'll use it for long trips....charging and better coverage...but for around twon stuff I leave the phone on my belt and it works fantastic!

I didn't realize what a cool thing it was going to be...hands free! The E815 rocks with the system and the downloaded contact list in the IDrive is soooo cool!

The BMW dock is very nice...and I got the dealer to discount the dock to $200 after it was all said and done...

If you go on trips get it! If not, then you may not need the dock...unless you are a tech geek like me!
Old 02-22-2006 | 10:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

anyone have a pic of the 815 cradle? i have one since they first came out i have to say a great phone lots of memory for pics ad videos bt works great and quite a distace from the car aswell.. i had one stolen from a patient of mine about 4 months ago but was quickly replaced with a ew one and had no prob pairing the phone back up... ericd