Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Anyone got the Samsung i760?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 02:17 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 07 BMW 525i Premium Package, Xenon Lighting Package, manual Transmission. Titanium Grey, 20% Tint around the back, 70% V-Kool on front. Planned mods: Style 71 wheels with Toyo Proxy 4 tires, Sachs suspension upgrade, upgraded stereo, and many more to come.

Consider getting the Samsung i760 smartphone for Verizon, but want to make sure it works with the car's bluetooth.
Anyone have this phone? Please report back...
Old 12-05-2007, 10:23 PM
Members

Had Problems with the xv6800. Have you tried the i760?
Old 12-06-2007, 12:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E60 530i Color: Jet Black/Black Anthracite STEP | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 EXTERIOR: M-Tech Kit | M5 Mirrors, Trunk Finisher | Jet Black Kidney Surrounds | Madico Charcool Tint 54%, 35% LIGHTING: Euro-Headlights | Euro-LCI Tail Lights | AiB V3.0 | Solaris Invisi-bulbs | OEM LED Plate Lights PERFORMANCE: Porterfield R4-S Brake Pads | K&N Air Filter WHEELS & SUSPENSION: Work VS-XX 20x9, 20x10 | Toyo T1R 245/30/20, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 295/25/20 | KW V2 Coilovers | Rogue Engineering 15mm Spacers

Works perfectly. I also created a similar thread: http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry503642
Old 12-07-2007, 02:47 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 07 BMW 525i Premium Package, Xenon Lighting Package, manual Transmission. Titanium Grey, 20% Tint around the back, 70% V-Kool on front. Planned mods: Style 71 wheels with Toyo Proxy 4 tires, Sachs suspension upgrade, upgraded stereo, and many more to come.

i was about to bite the bullet on the xv6800, since it's slightly smaller than the samsung...
can you guys get the phone book transfer easily (for the i760 and xv6800)?
eddie, please report back in a few days if you have better luck with the xv6800...
Old 12-09-2007, 11:45 PM
Members

Hey again.

Ok. Before trying to re-pair my phone with the car I installed jetware http://www.jetwaremobile.com/ on the day of my original post. I remembered I had installed this on my moto Q previously. It basically gives you more options like showing the "M" and "W" as in your phonebook for work and mobile. It also helps with some phones compatibility. I repaired and it now works perfectly! Just as it did with my Q. I am not sure if it was the jetware extension or it may have been my phone needed to be repaired with the car but either way I can cofirm that the xv6800 can work perfectly with IDRIVE.

Phonebook went right in and no delays of any sort. I also have the "H","W","M" on all my IDRIVE phonebook numbers just as they are in my phone. This is from the Jetware ext but just so people know it does work.

From everything that I can tell you here are the major differences that this phone has with the i760.

I760 has :

1. Front Numerical Keypad. Great feature for dialing numbers without using the touch screen. They cannot be used to text though, you must open the phone to do so.
2. Heavier then the xv6800 also has a more solid feeling construction, more metal feeling then plastic. Is also slightly larger then the xv6800
3. i760 voice software allows you to use voice commands without recording your own voice, xv6800 uses another type which you must record your voice for each command to train it.

XV6800 has:

1. Rev A Ready. This is one of the reasons I will probably keep this phone. Rev A is the faster wireless internet which can be upgraded with a software update on this phone. Supposedly it will roll out sometime next year for verison. As of now we are all using Rev 0 on evdo. i760 will never be able to upgrade to it as it is not hardware ready.

2. Send and End Call is on the front of the Phone. This may be basic but alot of people have complained about the i760 having the Send and End keys on the side of the phone, they accidentally end calls etc. Also when pressing the Call/Send Key it pushes the keyboard out.

3. Tweakability. There is a large following for this HTC phone. You should be able find a few forums which will give many tweaks to the phone. I have already heard of people hacking the Tether feature which allows you to use the phone as a modem without paying verizon for it. There are also many other tweaks.

4. The camera is much better then the i760. It has a decent 2.0 mp camera, while the i760 has a lower end 1.3mp one.

I would weigh these options out and see what you like.

Verizon lets you return your phone so you might want to try one for a bit and if you dont like it trade it in for the other. As far as compatibility as I mentioned they are both equally compatible to IDRIVE.

Hope that helps.

Eddie
Old 12-10-2007, 09:37 AM
Senior Members

Eddie,

Thanks a lot for the comparison and info. Is the jetwaremobile easy to install, and what year is your E60?
The M and W is pretty useful when it shows up on idrive. For some reason my friend who has a 08 E60 has these M, W destination with his LG chocolate, not sure if it's his phone or the newer 08 model.

How's the reception on the two compares?
Old 12-10-2007, 10:42 AM
Members

Hey again.

Yes it is very easy to install and does add a few cool features that your IDRIVE will can take advantage of. You can install it for free and see if you like it. There are instructions on the site or to make it simple you just move the .cab file on your phone and then execute by browsing to it on your phone. You can easily uninstall it as well if you dont like it. Many many people use it so no worries about the company distributing it. You may have to re-pair your phone but that shouldnt be a problem.

I have a 2007 530i. So it should be almost up to date with most everyones e60 except for the 08s, of course.

So far the xv6800 has had better reception then my Motorola Q. I live on a large hill and drop calls very easily, and so far the drops have been very minimal. I believe the i760 is very similar though.

And just to note, the battery life hasnt been the greatest on this phone. Its not horrible but by about 9pm after regular use during the day, I get the low battery warning pretty consistently every night. My moto Q would get me closer to mid night. But I guess that can be expected with the extra features of this phone.

Hope that helps.

Eddie