Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Anyone get a Droid X yet?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 07:09 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

I just got the Droid HTC in the mail today. I'm still getting used to it.they only had one Droid x in the store,and no HTC's at all. The x was a little too big for me personally
Old 07-15-2010, 07:57 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Kryptus
I went down to Verizon with a coworker today to check it out. I expected them to be sold out, but they had 1 left so I just took it. I didn't even think to research if it works with our car... I haven't had a chance to try it out with the car yet. Can anyone verify that it does pair correctly to the bluetooth?
I have Motorola XT701, and it works with our car's bluetooth.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:07 PM
Members

I can confirm that the Droid X does indeed pair with idrive no problem. Got it working today after work.

And actually I was wrong about the Evo and Droid being the same base phone. They are indeed different, just very similar dimensions and hardware. The Evo uses a qualcom cpu and the DroidX uses a snapdragon both at 1ghz. Also the DroidX is a little lighter. As far as dimensions the DroidX is longer, but is thinner and not as wide. Although the DroidX does get a little thicker at the top where the camera is located. I suppose they measure the thickness on the thinner part of the phone which honestly is like 90% of it. Only the very top part is a bit thicker. Its actually great to use for a finger support. The Evo has better auto focus. The Droid however supports 802.11 N, where as EVO only does B/G. The DroidX has the same size screen, but has 54 more pixels. Also the DroidX comes with 8GB interneal memory VS the EVO's 1GB. And I will concede that the EVO looks a bit more sexy.

So actually both phones have pros and cons and bottomline is both are pretty awesome.

Source: http://www.zdnet.com/blog/cell-phone...tc-evo-4g/4223
Old 07-24-2010, 10:32 AM
Senior Members

Anyone experience this with their X?

Old 08-03-2010, 02:28 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i

Originally Posted by ImolaRedM
Anyone experience this with their X?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJG7pbSRvJ8
Notice how apple has pulled all those videos from their website. I think they were staged.

I am a former antenna engineer, turned law student.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:34 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

My droid x pairs perfectly with my bluetooth all contacts transfer fast it is large but I have no trouble pocketing the phone I keep it in my front shirt pocket all day long while I work and by it being so large it does not fall out like my regular droid did