Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Anyone get a Droid X yet?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 03:30 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went down to Verizon with a coworker today to check it out. I expected them to be sold out, but they had 1 left so I just took it. I didn't even think to research if it works with our car... I haven't had a chance to try it out with the car yet. Can anyone verify that it does pair correctly to the bluetooth?
Old 07-15-2010, 03:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

wrong forum

but what do you think of it so far?
Old 07-15-2010, 03:58 PM
Members

oops sorry, could a mod plz move this?

My old phone was a T-Mobile MyTouch. The droid X feels way faster and smooth going through menus, typing, etc. I like this new version of Android a lot better also. If you had something newer then the MyTouch then maybe the difference won't be so drastic... This phone is big! The screen is just amazing. And at its thickest point it is still the same thickness as my old phone. Perhaps even a tad thinner. It does not have a kick stand built in, so I got a case that had one. My Droid X hasn't fully activated yet so I'm not using it that much. I will say it was very easy to bring down all my contacts from Gmail. I think that is my favorite feature of android so far. I hated trying to transfer contacts between phones before.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:59 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545I and a half dozen other rides

I'm on hold for the evo but now thinking of the dell
Old 07-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530i

I went to check out the X today at the verizon store..... IT'S HUGE. Definitely something I would not want to have in my pocket.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:09 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 545 BLK/BLK
Model Year: 2005

I have a Motorola Droid, and I think it's a GREAT phone, I went with a friend to Verizon to look at the X, and it is huge, my Droid is engulfed buy the X. But it looks great. I would trade my phone in a heart beat. I don't use the physical keyboard on my phone... so it's wasted space and a wasted option for me. Enjoy your X.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:31 PM
Senior Members

i got the EVO and love it. bigger is better.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:33 PM
Members

My phone is fully functional now. Everything works great. The 3G seems faster then T-Mobile's. I can stream HD youtube videos with no delay. Yes the size is probably the biggest drawback. If you wear euro / emo jeans then you would need a man purse or belt clip. I might invest in some new cargo pants. I already like them due to having to carry smokes + keys + wallet + phone+condoms+lube+duct tape+ballgag. The phone is quite thin however so it isn't that bad. Maybe if you are a smaller person it would be more of an issue. I wear a 36/32 pants so the phone doesnt look so huge in my pocket. With that being said, having this wonderfull big screen is just worth it. When smart phones first came out they advertised having multimedia capability, but you wouldn't use it much because the screen was not up to the task. No one wants to hold thier phone 2 feet from thier face to watch a movie or video clip. I can set this phone down on a desk and sit back and enjoy. Perhaps this gives me a reason to "invest" in one of those bluetooth phone watches. Then I can leave the phone in the car and then just carry around a headset and a watch. LOL!
Old 07-15-2010, 04:41 PM
Members

Originally Posted by turboawd
i got the EVO and love it. bigger is better.
I was originally planning to switch to sprint and get the Evo. If they had any in stock I would of jumped in by now. In my area they are backordered over 3 weeks. They are the same phone, but the droid doesn't have a front camera or built in kick stand. Not sure if the droidX has anything the evo doesn't... Also I researched the 4G thing and Honolulu does have it, but you won't really have it everywhere yet. I know at work I don't get a 4G signal from sprint. I don't think my house would either as it is in the suburbs and not right in downtown Honolulu. I would have loved to play around with video calls though! Have you tried it out yet? I would think it's hard to find many people who have the same capability to video chat with you.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:57 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Kryptus
I was originally planning to switch to sprint and get the Evo. If they had any in stock I would of jumped in by now. In my area they are backordered over 3 weeks. They are the same phone, but the droid doesn't have a front camera or built in kick stand. Not sure if the droidX has anything the evo doesn't... Also I researched the 4G thing and Honolulu does have it, but you won't really have it everywhere yet. I know at work I don't get a 4G signal from sprint. I don't think my house would either as it is in the suburbs and not right in downtown Honolulu. I would have loved to play around with video calls though! Have you tried it out yet? I would think it's hard to find many people who have the same capability to video chat with you.
no, i havent tried the video chat yet. i had the htc hero before, and the evo literally blows it away. the evo fits great in the pocket... its big, but not that thick. i have big hands and find the bigger size phone to be perfect.
its nice being able to view webpages at full screen view and still being able to read the content.
even when on a 3g network, webpages load fairly quick, and 4g is like having a dsl connection.
android is definetly the way to go.

Quick Reply: Anyone get a Droid X yet?