Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Any info on Bluetooth availability in US?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 11:47 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't find any info on Bluetooth in the U.S.....Does anyone have any info?

rodybmw
Old 09-10-2003, 04:40 PM
Mike Sailer

According to all information supplied, blue-tooth should be avail at launch. Also in the % series brochure, the centerfold page of the rear half of the book shows the i drive system, and it only says that the Nav system is yet to be determined. It lists blue-tooth as avail. The only -major- options that I know of that are not avail at launch are the Nav and the HUD.

Mike
Old 09-10-2003, 11:48 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Sailer' date='Sep 10 2003, 06:40 PM
According to all information supplied, blue-tooth should be avail at launch. Also in the % series brochure, the centerfold page of the rear half of the book shows the i drive system, and it only says that the Nav system is yet to be determined. It lists blue-tooth as avail. The only -major- options that I know of that are not avail at launch are the Nav and the HUD.

Mike
Thanks for your response. Are you talking about availability in the U.S. or Europe. There is no Bluetooth option in the U.S. Pricelist. If it were going to be available from the start I would think the price would have been in the Pricelist.

rodybmw
Old 09-11-2003, 04:06 PM
Mike Sailer

Hi rody,

Yes I am talking about the US. Like I said it is listed in the actual 5 series brochure. You are correct though, that it is not listed anywhere else. The only thing I can find remotely related is: Pre-wiring for BMW center installation of BMW 6-CD changer and BMW mobile telephone (if so equipped). So I assume it has the wiring for the all of it, and what I have read is that the only thing that you will need is the cradle for your specific phone, which I am sure will be added as an available accessory for which you will have to pay ($75.00 or so for the cradle) I know it is available for 2 phones so far. The Sony Ericson T-39 (which I have) and one other.

Mike
Old 09-12-2003, 06:49 AM

Mike,
does this mean that if one orders a car without the Logic7/CDchanger package, the car still comes pre-wired for a 6CD changer...allowing the owner to buy a cradle/changer and add later ?
if so, is this pre-wire location still in-dash or is it in the trunk ?
Thanks.