Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

any 1 for iPhone 4

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 12:04 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm down with 2 phones

iOS 4 will rock and the sales will sky rocket even more. I'm just amazed on what Apple has done in just three years: From a no cell phone company whatsoever to a leader in smartphone business and a trendsetter, and this in only 3 years, comparing to the Nokia, Sony and HTC decades of experience, is just even more astonishing.

Guys have you seen in the WWDC 2010 keynote how much the developers cashed in to date? In three years, more like 2 since the App Store really begun, developers cashed in $ 1 billion.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 650 Grand Coupe
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by Persian_535i
Who cares about carriers, this phone will probably be jail broken within a week of its release lol.

Me! I can't and won't deal with lost and dropped calls. I've done the AT&T thing before and it was a disaster. I would love to try the iPhone, but only when and if it comes to Verizon.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

just to let you guys know
I will not be getting this.
the 1st batch of phones in HK will cost over $1316usd
Old 06-10-2010, 02:49 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Jet Black|Black Options: Sport|Premium|Cold Weather|PDC|Nav|Satellite Radio|Active Steering|Convenience Entry Mods: Trinity Side Skirts|Trinity Black Grilles|LCI Tail Lights with Bruce V6|Fog Light Bezel Rings|MTEC V2 Angel Eyes|LED License Plate Lights

I'll be pre ordering....
Old 06-10-2010, 02:32 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i SMG

Nexus one baby
Old 06-13-2010, 12:31 AM
Members

I want to like android but I fail to see what it does substantially better that a well set up JB'd iPhone. And having iTunes, app stores (Inc Rock and Cydia), book store, amazing service from the apple stores and being able to run same apps on my ipad, apple (and the community) have done an excellent job in tying you into their products.

iPhone 4, Im in!
Old 06-13-2010, 10:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i SMG

Originally Posted by D-boy
I want to like android but I fail to see what it does substantially better that a well set up JB'd iPhone. And having iTunes, app stores (Inc Rock and Cydia), book store, amazing service from the apple stores and being able to run same apps on my ipad, apple (and the community) have done an excellent job in tying you into their products.

iPhone 4, Im in!
Well I'm not going to make this thread a android vs iphone war but...
You very pinpointed the weakest part of iphone for yourself. YOU will have to jailbreak to make it work like android. On otherhand, android phones do not need to root their phone to work like jailbroken iphones. And as for the itunes, unless you use mac, any windows based users can only work with one computer at a time. Meaning I can't even let my other pcs at home to work with my iphone. What a let down. Android is like usb drives. You connect and do whatever you want.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:12 PM
Members

For me that is half of the fun. I guess I see it like buying a Top car like a BMW and modifying it with not yet released parts!! For those people that want simple plug and play out if the box I agree Android is cool, Again I want to like Android enough to buy one but software aside the apple hardware is stunning. I have had numerous HTC devices and they last 6-9 months before looking scabby, my iPhone 14 month on still looks clean. And 3g Iphones are still selling 2nd hand for £250+ on bay.

I hear the top developer from Palm are heading to apple and Google, will be interesting to see what Palm OS polish they can respectively add to the OS's
Old 06-14-2010, 02:57 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

I am debating whether or not to pre-order tomorrow. While I am sure I will get 4, I am just weary of the first batch.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:58 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So whats to stop people from signing up for a plan just to get this phone buying it for $150 or whatever it costs when you sign a contract, then just canceling your contract when you get it and paying the $150 or $200 fee for canceling?

$300-$400 for 4g doesn't sound bad to me maybe I'm missing something though?

Quick Reply: any 1 for iPhone 4