Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

2005 525I Bluetooth Troubles

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005 | 01:09 PM
Members

I know this has been beaten to death.. I tried so many different things and I still cant get it to work so maybe some one can chime in. It seems almost impossible I didnt get my passkey so I went by the dealer today they told me to just use 0123 as the past key. I go into the communications tab it says please activate phone. I set my Motorola V600 (officially supported phone) to find handsfree device and also to (find me) for 60 seconds nothing comes up I tried over and over 5-6 times nothing. Bluetooth is turned on in my phone and it works fine. What am I doing wrong any other E60 owners want to chime in. ?

My E60 has bluetooth as its a 9/04 build date.

My dealer Motorwerks of Barrington Illinois seems pretty close to clueless about alot of things from bluetooth to detailing.
Old 03-23-2005 | 01:31 PM
Members

If it's any consulation, the folks at Knauz in Lake Bluff Illinois is just as clueless.

From your post, it seem that you might have missed a step or two on the BT procedure. Chech out the 3rd post from this thread and download the pdf BT instruction posted by wnrussel. I used this when I was having problems getting my BT to pair with my phone. It works.
Old 03-23-2005 | 01:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by ferrarislave' date='Mar 23 2005, 02:09 PM
I know this has been beaten to death.. I tried so many different things and I still cant get it to work so maybe some one can chime in. It seems almost impossible I didnt get my passkey so I went by the dealer today they told me to just use 0123 as the past key. I go into the communications tab it says please activate phone. I set my Motorola V600 (officially supported phone) to find handsfree device and also to (find me) for 60 seconds nothing comes up I tried over and over 5-6 times nothing. Bluetooth is turned on in my phone and it works fine. What am I doing wrong any other E60 owners want to chime in. ?

My E60 has bluetooth as its a 9/04 build date.

My dealer Motorwerks of Barrington Illinois seems pretty close to clueless about alot of things from bluetooth to detailing.
[snapback]105638[/snapback]
I think you are doing it all wrong. You have to be in the screen below to pair.
2005 525I Bluetooth Troubles-bluetooth_e60_book_page_11_image_0003.jpg
Then use any key of your choice . Also on the MOT phone use find handsfree and not find me.

Follow the instuctions here and also the attached PDF.
Old 03-23-2005 | 01:42 PM
Members

Thanks, Motorwerks isnt bad I mean big dealer good selection and I got a great deal. But any dealer besides maybe a Ferrari or Lamborghini dealer is all the same still get swirled cars, still try to hassle you into getting there paint sealent and interior stain protection treatments for $600 which is a joke. And also a clueless tech staff. I like knauz a little more as its smaller and there is less traffic there. The honda section at Motorwerks really ruins it when you have Maybach, BMW, Porsche, Mercedes, Infiniti then Honda seems like Honda always has the most service cars driving around.
Old 03-23-2005 | 02:08 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Welcome aboard, ferrarislave !
Old 03-23-2005 | 02:09 PM
Members

Ok I just set it up im impressed had the car for 3 weeks have not used it at all yet. Dealer was so clueless it amazes me that hi-end dealers like BMW dont have a clue on how to setup something as simple as this. I detail as a hobbie and after seeing the detail work they did I would not give them my tool chest to detail. $600 for paint sealent ($45 dollar value) and ($15 value) Interior spill protection which is just scotch guard.

Anyways thanks for the help.
Old 03-23-2005 | 10:05 PM
Members

Does anyone have a Motorola V600 here. ? Are you able to browse your phone book and text messages. ? My phone is officially supported by BMW so it should have all features correct. ?
Old 03-24-2005 | 03:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by ferrarislave' date='Mar 23 2005, 11:05 PM
Does anyone have a Motorola V600 here. ? Are you able to browse your phone book and text messages. ? My phone is officially supported by BMW so it should have all features correct. ?
[snapback]105843[/snapback]
The phone book will transfer shortly. Be patient and dont use the phone for a bit.

SMS is not supported with BT.
Old 03-24-2005 | 04:30 AM
Members

My Ride: 545i, Steptronic, coldweather, comfort seats, Logic 7, front/rear seat heaters, navigation. sirius

That's kinda funny that MW (also my dealer) couldn't pair it up. They offered to do mine for me for a fee. I told them I was an engineer by trade and I thought I'd be able to figure it out.

Anyway, successfully paired my V551 yesterday. Seems you got yours going as well, cool. I thought I had everything right but still no sync with the car. I gave up and went in to my office. On the way home I decided to check the iDrive see what it said and guess what? Yep, everything was working, phonebook, everything.

Made a few test phone calls, wonderful! With the voice commands, a simple "call home" is all that's required! Too Cool.

Turns out there was one more button I should've pushed on my phone to get things synced the first time. I was just thrilled they seemed to find each other on their own.

Gonna be hard to drive a car without bluetooth now...
Old 03-25-2005 | 12:56 AM
Senior Members

welcome aboard, ferrarislave !

Quick Reply: 2005 525I Bluetooth Troubles