Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

'05 E60 Replacing CPT9000 with bluetooth doesn't work?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009 | 06:08 AM
RNL
Members

Today my dealer has been busy updating my software to fix some issues: eyebrows and MP3 retrofit. I asked them to make my car bluetooth compatible as well, but they say it can't be done.

I've done some reading on the forums over here and found some usefull info, but I'm still not sure how my dealer should be able to upgrade my bluetooth. Hope anyone knows!

The case is:
I just bought a European (since I live in the Netherlands) E60, manufactured in 2005, with Navi Professional and Phone Professional. Over here that means you get a wireless Motorola-BMW handset (is that a CPT9000 everyone talking about?) in your center console and you have to plugin your SIM card to use the integrated phone system.

Since the handset uses bluetooth to connect to the car, I obviously have a bluetooth receiver to which any bluetooth phone should be able to connect. The only stupid thing is: it won't connect with other phones or when it does, it doesn't make calls. Even though I disconnect the (CPT9000?) handset.

Would it be an idea to get a BTUM despite the fact that I already have a bluetooth receiver?

Does anyone know what I can tell my dealer?
Old 04-21-2009 | 06:22 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i SMG

Originally Posted by RNL' post='849155' date='Apr 16 2009, 07:08 AM
Today my dealer has been busy updating my software to fix some issues: eyebrows and MP3 retrofit. I asked them to make my car bluetooth compatible as well, but they say it can't be done.

I've done some reading on the forums over here and found some usefull info, but I'm still not sure how my dealer should be able to upgrade my bluetooth. Hope anyone knows!

The case is:
I just bought a European (since I live in the Netherlands) E60, manufactured in 2005, with Navi Professional and Phone Professional. Over here that means you get a wireless Motorola-BMW handset (is that a CPT9000 everyone talking about?) in your center console and you have to plugin your SIM card to use the integrated phone system.

Since the handset uses bluetooth to connect to the car, I obviously have a bluetooth receiver to which any bluetooth phone should be able to connect. The only stupid thing is: it won't connect with other phones or when it does, it doesn't make calls. Even though I disconnect the (CPT9000?) handset.

Would it be an idea to get a BTUM despite the fact that I already have a bluetooth receiver?

Does anyone know what I can tell my dealer?
Hey there, I too have an 05 e60(08/04 built date, which is first month of 05 production).
Although it said my vehicle was enable from the factory to use bluetooth however, it didn't.
I really didn't care as I wasn't a fan of bluetooth. Fastforward 4 years later, I wanted one
I asked the dealer, they wanted about $250 for a reprogram to turn the bluetooth on.

I looked at BTUM for CPT9000 and I could get one for $180 plus shipping. Which was cheaper and didn't required any dealer visits.
My indy mechanic could get this one a lot cheaper than anyone else.
The BTUM slide to center console and you press the little button on the top and put your cellphone to search mode,
then there's a password sticker on the BTUM to pair up, enter that code and you are paired up!!
That's it. You are done I'm not sure European E60 would work though, but I'm assuming it is.

Works like a charm. I got this about a week ago. I ordered another BTUM for my friend who has 05/08 built E60.
If you want, I can order one more for you $210 shipped to you(You live in Netherlands right? I calculated shipping to Netherlands)
Old 04-25-2009 | 01:17 AM
Members

My Ride: 525D 2004

What is a Btum ? Is that device that will replace the pro phone and allow me to connect other phones via bluetooth ? If so where can I buy one ?