Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

'04 E60 BT TSB Procedures

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 01:26 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone seen the TSB that covers the procedures necessary to retrofit the early '04 E60 for bluetooth in which you had to have the TCU repaced to activitate the service? I've seen it before either on this or another forum and now, when I need it, I can't place my fingers on it...

TIA...
Old 05-30-2007, 02:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

I haven't time to go search so I'll stick it here:

SIB_841304.pdf

There is an update to this bulletin dated March 07, however, it does not materially change the old information, just adds new vehicles such as the new X5 and e90 family.

Originally Posted by spectrumsp' post='429785' date='May 30 2007, 05:26 AM
Has anyone seen the TSB that covers the procedures necessary to retrofit the early '04 E60 for bluetooth in which you had to have the TCU repaced to activitate the service? I've seen it before either on this or another forum and now, when I need it, I can't place my fingers on it...

TIA...
Old 05-30-2007, 04:46 AM
Members

Cobradav...

Thanks for the help...

I've seen this one before, but there was one before this that dealt specifically with the early '04 E60 retrofit...it had you swapping out the TCU, going into the back shelf to check that the BT antenna was connected, etc...that's the one I'm looking for.

The issue with the one you attached is that para 4 is a little unclear. For the mid-year BT upgrade, all you had to do was update the software, both Progman and a retrofit for tel bluetooth. For the early '04 e60, it says you have to change out the TCU and code it to the car...it doesn't say anything about doing a retrofit of the tel bluetooth.

I have a 08/03 build e60 in which I've upgraded to latest Progman, swapped out the TCU, and coded it to the car...I still do not have BT available...

Since the attachment is a little unclear, I want to see if there is anything else I need to do before I take it back to the dealer to run the retrofit program...

Originally Posted by cobradav' post='429806' date='May 30 2007, 06:59 AM
I haven't time to go search so I'll stick it here:

Attachment 33117

There is an update to this bulletin dated March 07, however, it does not materially change the old information, just adds new vehicles such as the new X5 and e90 family.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:42 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

Originally Posted by spectrumsp' post='429837' date='May 30 2007, 06:46 AM
Cobradav...

Thanks for the help...

I've seen this one before, but there was one before this that dealt specifically with the early '04 E60 retrofit...it had you swapping out the TCU, going into the back shelf to check that the BT antenna was connected, etc...that's the one I'm looking for.

The issue with the one you attached is that para 4 is a little unclear. For the mid-year BT upgrade, all you had to do was update the software, both Progman and a retrofit for tel bluetooth. For the early '04 e60, it says you have to change out the TCU and code it to the car...it doesn't say anything about doing a retrofit of the tel bluetooth.

I have a 08/03 build e60 in which I've upgraded to latest Progman, swapped out the TCU, and coded it to the car...I still do not have BT available...

Since the attachment is a little unclear, I want to see if there is anything else I need to do before I take it back to the dealer to run the retrofit program...

By no bluetooth what are you saying? Not showing up in the menue? call out but other end can't hear you? will not pair?
I ask because I have a August build 530 that i have had it retrofitted and it works perfectly. What my tech ended up doing with numerous puma cases open, came up with placeing the previous info from my car onto a floppy, recoding the car with the latest at that time 19 or so, and then inputting the floppy and BOOM bluetooth. Now since then my car was upgraded to the latest software, 20 sumfin series and I had problems, but another tech did it and did not use the floppy scenerio. It worked, but it did not have voice commands which sucked, so when my normal tech came back from Vacation and saw the car on the coder he went ballistic, cause it literally took him 2 to 3 months to get it working in my car. The best part of it all is that it was completly FREE i had brought the cpt and btum fiasco and they could not get it to work so he tryed this and it worked good luck I am in Richmond Va and you could have you tech call the Richmond BMW Midlothian store and ask for Mat which is my SA and he can get the tech Tommy to hook you up if all is possible
Old 05-30-2007, 05:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

I cannot locate anything earlier that is not just for CPT9000, not bluetooth. I could post that one if you like?

Now there is this thread that had a lot of general info centered around a CPT9000 but also might help you in general checks. http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...mp;hl=Bluetooth

Originally Posted by spectrumsp' post='429837' date='May 30 2007, 08:46 AM
Cobradav...

Thanks for the help...

Old 05-30-2007, 08:07 AM
Members

If you wouldn't mind posting it, I'd appreciate it...

In regards to what I have on the IDrive...I have nothing...when I go to the communications screen, then Phone, I'm told to contact my BMW dealer...nowhere on any IDrive screen does it list bluetooth...

TIA...

Originally Posted by cobradav' post='429851' date='May 30 2007, 09:54 AM
I cannot locate anything earlier that is not just for CPT9000, not bluetooth. I could post that one if you like?

Now there is this thread that had a lot of general info centered around a CPT9000 but also might help you in general checks. http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...mp;hl=Bluetooth
Old 05-30-2007, 05:47 PM
Contributors

Here is that one
SIB_840103.pdf

And take a look in the Bluetooth forum - there has to be some help there.

Originally Posted by spectrumsp' post='429890' date='May 30 2007, 12:07 PM
If you wouldn't mind posting it, I'd appreciate it...

In regards to what I have on the IDrive...I have nothing...when I go to the communications screen, then Phone, I'm told to contact my BMW dealer...nowhere on any IDrive screen does it list bluetooth...

TIA...
Old 05-31-2007, 10:13 AM
Senior Members

I Just had the BT activated on my 03/04 build date. I have nav, and bmw assist. When I bought the car there was no bluetooth menu in the communications menu. Per the SI bulletin I just had them update the Progman, which they did when the installed the IPod adapter and I told them to activate the BT. From 03/03 to 08/04 builds, the BT was disabled and just needs to be turned on. Make sure you have the bulletin handy when you go in.

Bill Jacobs BMW (naperville, IL) told me that it could not be done and I had to buy a new TCU until I pulled out the bulletin and showed them. They then told me I was misinterpreting the bulletin and that it could not be done without the TCU upgrade. Then they had a tech come up and he said "it usually does not work when we do this so you will need a new TCU. So I got on the phone in front of them at the dealership, called Perillo BMW (chicago) and asked them if they could do it and they said Yes sir not an issue and the TCU will not need to be replaced. So I scheduled an appointment in Bill Jacobs showroom w/ Perillo BMW and told them to cancel my install.... You should have seen there faces..
Old 06-01-2007, 12:25 PM
Members

Originally Posted by MRV99' post='430345' date='May 31 2007, 02:13 PM
I Just had the BT activated on my 03/04 build date. I have nav, and bmw assist. When I bought the car there was no bluetooth menu in the communications menu. Per the SI bulletin I just had them update the Progman, which they did when the installed the IPod adapter and I told them to activate the BT. From 03/03 to 08/04 builds, the BT was disabled and just needs to be turned on. Make sure you have the bulletin handy when you go in.

Bill Jacobs BMW (naperville, IL) told me that it could not be done and I had to buy a new TCU until I pulled out the bulletin and showed them. They then told me I was misinterpreting the bulletin and that it could not be done without the TCU upgrade. Then they had a tech come up and he said "it usually does not work when we do this so you will need a new TCU. So I got on the phone in front of them at the dealership, called Perillo BMW (chicago) and asked them if they could do it and they said Yes sir not an issue and the TCU will not need to be replaced. So I scheduled an appointment in Bill Jacobs showroom w/ Perillo BMW and told them to cancel my install.... You should have seen there faces..

Would you be able to scan and post the receipt so that dealers in my area can pull up the job code.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:46 PM
Contributors

Cool move. Wish I could have been there to see it.

Originally Posted by MRV99' post='430345' date='May 31 2007, 02:13 PM

Quick Reply: '04 E60 BT TSB Procedures