Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

03/04 to 08/04 BLUETOOTH CAN BE DONE WITH CODING! NO $$&

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 04:13 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tgm001
Apple is like the CIA, everything is a secret ! lol,,

Oh yeahh, damn, I tought winkfp was user friendly , I'll try to learn of it work, and if I find a good diy or a video showin exactly how to make a update right, I'll let you know bro for sur !
good luck a lot of the help videos i saw were for coding easier modules the kind you can afford to brick lol many sites recommend getting your practice on these kind of modules first before stepping up to the ccc. It would be nice if I had a spare one to practice on.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:30 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 speed, Silver Gray A08, Gray leather Mods: Hard-Wired Passport 9500ix LIVE , K&N Air + RPi Scoop, Mtech V2.1 AE, ACS pedals+Ebrake, flip up front plate, OEM 172's, Custom M Kit, M3 shift knob, Eisemann Race Exhaust 2005 X5 3.0 (the nightmare) 1998 528i SOLD @ 173K

Im not sure if the e60 does this but, go into your iPhone and the to bluetooth. when you see your car name click on that little arrow and it will give you options for syncing contacts. I don't remember if i had to do that in my old in e60 but its worth a shot?
Old 04-21-2012, 05:00 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Bmw E60 530i 2004 Jet Black sport package on Linea Corse 19" Lc818 Saphire Black

Originally Posted by e60oholic
Im not sure if the e60 does this but, go into your iPhone and the to bluetooth. when you see your car name click on that little arrow and it will give you options for syncing contacts. I don't remember if i had to do that in my old in e60 but its worth a shot?

I have already tried this and it still not working :@ lol, but thanks for the help !

I really think an update will fix this issue, cuz I've tried everything else that could cause this, and it still not syncyng my contact !
Old 04-25-2012, 05:25 PM
Members

Sent you a note. I had tried and tried to have BMW activate, even offered to pay and they would not, could not. I have a 04 545i with a May 2004 build date. All information collected in the past stated that a May 04 build only needed coding. My TCU has the BT symbol and passkey on the label. I also have BMW assist so I have the mic and speaker function in the car.

I may need a BT ant. not sure. Which connector on the TCU is for BT Ant.?

I also did not have Sat radio pre-wire but I got this to work by adding receiver in the glove box and then BMW did code that worked well. If you could help me with the BT coding I would would help.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:41 AM
Members

ALL:

I received the cable and Dcan Kcan INPA ECS Expert SW etc. I have successfully installed and connected. I can get menus from my 545i. I can not see or know how to get to the menus that need editing and I am unsure of the steps to save back to the vehicle. I can verify that my TCU BT is OFF and can look at the passkey number but can not see an option to turn on.

Can some one post some steps Please?
Old 05-05-2012, 03:04 PM
Senior Members

when you say you can verify that your tcu bt is off how are you doing that and you say you can look at the passkey number but can't turn it on where are you seeing it? also parameters to change on the car depends on whether you have mask or ccc brendin posted the directions for mask and I posted the directions for ccc earlier on in the thread. assuming you know how to use ncs expert to read, write and then code car to the different modules if you follow the correct instructions for you car type i think it should enable bluetooth in the idrive menus.
Old 05-05-2012, 04:18 PM
Members

I am using the IPNA and ECS EXPERT SW that came with my cable. After connecting I can choose a CAS menu that has Transmission, a couple other categories then Communications. I select communications then select Telephone There is like F1 thru F7 on the screen I select F5 for BT. When I do I get a pop-up that it is off. The next F key i for the Passkey. When I press it I get a pop up that shows the key 5632.

I have NAV and SOS enabled. However I go into INPA and ECSExpert but I never get to a menus where I see where I can activate. I printed the steps for both non NAV and NAV in the post. I do not see any link to edit so that I can turn on. Then my thought is how do I upload it back. Should I do this through ECSexpert or INPA?
Old 05-06-2012, 01:13 AM
Senior Members

Inpa is more of a diagnostic program you on the right track but now you have to learn how to use ncs expert. With that program will be able to edit the settings you need to activate bt. Go to bmwcoding.com sign up and register in the beginners lounge there is a sticky right at the top called getting started with coding your car when you go into it theres a step-by-step video of how to code the digital speedometer with accompanying pdf tutorial underneath. Watch the video and follow along in the tutorial few times then try to do it yourself on your own car. When you feel like you understand what's going on then move on to trying to code the bt onto the car following the tutorial the same way you did the digital speedometer buy this time replacing the modules they edited with the modules needed to edit to enable bt and changing the specific parameters within each module to what settings are needed to be changed to enable bt. All depending on if u have mask or ccc as I stated b4. Best of luck.

http://www.bmwcoding.com/showthread....oding-your-car
Old 05-06-2012, 06:45 AM
Members

Thanks for the help. I signed up yesterday for the site and watched the video. I will run through it a couple of times today. Wil let you know how it works.

I do have CCC so will follow that process. One thing I keep thinking is making sure I know what modules to select and if I have to code anything to add for example I have the following, 522, 605 620 694 8SP 524 (609 Navigation) (639 BMW Assist) 697 818. Since this I have had BMW code for Sirius which I think is 693. I did not have SAT prep. I was able to follow some tips for MOST and installed the BMW receiver in the CD Changer spot and connect to MOST. I then ran a standard antenna hidden and placed under the rear deck as the shark fin was not set-up to handle. BMW did code this for me but they were hesitant since I did all the work. They were surprised when it worked. I have a May 04 build date but under warranty had the TCU replaced with a 2006 date. Both old and newer TCU have always had a passkey and BT stamp on the TCU. My 04 would have normally had the handset in the center arm rest area. But I just have a coin tray. I understand with the TCU I have that I do not need the arm rest cradle, just the BT antenna and coding as I already have the speaker, MIC etc due to BMW assist. BMW would never code for me but they would alwasy say the cradles are no longer available.

I will let you know how it turns out.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:48 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by brendinernst
Add +k633 and code the the car. Also check to see if $639 and $605 are in the order as well. Let me know. +k633 and coding the car should do the trick. Make sure you code the order to CAS and LMA.
this is what i added to the vehicle order in addition to changing those certain parameters in those different modules be sure to do that as well before you change anything

heres directions on how to do it if you don't know
http://www.trevorloken.com/bmw/NCS_C..._Order_CAS.pdf

Quick Reply: 03/04 to 08/04 BLUETOOTH CAN BE DONE WITH CODING! NO $$&