5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum (https://5series.net/forums/bluetooth-cell-phone-forum-26/)
-   -   03/04 to 08/04 BLUETOOTH CAN BE DONE WITH CODING! NO $$& (https://5series.net/forums/bluetooth-cell-phone-forum-26/03-04-08-04-bluetooth-can-done-coding-no-%24%24-121586/)

brendinernst 03-03-2012 07:16 AM

So I have been told by every dealer that the service bulletin that says that cars produced between 03/04 thru 08/04 cannot have bluetooth until the car has the proper TCU put in. This is a LIE I have been coding with NCSExpert for a while now and I dove into the bluetooth coding last night and I am making calls through my car today! So for anyone that has been told "no" I am proof that that is a lie. I am in OHIO and if you would like me to activate your bluetooth PM me.

Maxxone 03-04-2012 01:21 AM

What type of BT do you have ? I have the BT-TCU in my car that has the Bmw Professional phone installed , is it possible to do code this model as well ? Thank you , and sorry for my bad english .

jtmone 03-04-2012 05:54 AM


Originally Posted by brendinernst (Post 1424214)
So I have been told by every dealer that the service bulletin that says that cars produced between 03/04 thru 08/04 cannot have bluetooth until the car has the proper TCU put in. This is a LIE I have been coding with NCSExpert for a while now and I dove into the bluetooth coding last night and I am making calls through my car today! So for anyone that has been told "no" I am proof that that is a lie. I am in OHIO and if you would like me to activate your bluetooth PM me.


Hi I just ordered my new TCU from BimmerNav and I will install it myself but can you help with the programming I need to get done? If so How? Any help you can provide to me will be greatly appreciated. My name is James and I'm I'm Baltimore MD, USA and my direct email is [email protected]. My VIN last seven numbers are: B109225 2004 BMW 545i. Please let me know something so I won't have to use the Dealer !

Thanks in advance again !

James

brendinernst 03-04-2012 12:21 PM


Originally Posted by jtmone (Post 1424388)
Hi I just ordered my new TCU from BimmerNav and I will install it myself but can you help with the programming I need to get done? If so How? Any help you can provide to me will be greatly appreciated. My name is James and I'm I'm Baltimore MD, USA and my direct email is [email protected]. My VIN last seven numbers are: B109225 2004 BMW 545i. Please let me know something so I won't have to use the Dealer !

Thanks in advance again !

James

Hi James, Your car was manufactured in 01/2004 so you definitely took the right step in ordering a TCU for your car. I will be more than happy to help you with the coding that will need to be done with your car but you are first going to need to obtain a USB K+DCAN OBD cable like this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-USB-K-DC...a288c2&vxp=mtr. You will then need to download NCSExpert and INPA. Once you have completed this give me a shout and I will walk you through the steps to get your new TCU up and running.

brendinernst 03-04-2012 12:23 PM


Originally Posted by Maxxone (Post 1424366)
What type of BT do you have ? I have the BT-TCU in my car that has the Bmw Professional phone installed , is it possible to do code this model as well ? Thank you , and sorry for my bad english .

It is possible to use your mobile phone over bluetooth but you will have to deactivate your BMW Professional Phone. You can only have one or the other.

BenAnd 03-07-2012 09:37 PM


Originally Posted by brendinernst (Post 1424214)
So I have been told by every dealer that the service bulletin that says that cars produced between 03/04 thru 08/04 cannot have bluetooth until the car has the proper TCU put in. This is a LIE I have been coding with NCSExpert for a while now and I dove into the bluetooth coding last night and I am making calls through my car today! So for anyone that has been told "no" I am proof that that is a lie. I am in OHIO and if you would like me to activate your bluetooth PM me.


Hi

The parameter's that you change , what are they ? it would be a great information to know , or is that a National secret ? :confused:

Regards
BenAnd/Denmark

brendinernst 03-10-2012 11:01 PM


Originally Posted by BenAnd (Post 1425579)
Hi

The parameter's that you change , what are they ? it would be a great information to know , or is that a National secret ? :confused:

Regards
BenAnd/Denmark


The following changes will ne to be made in the TCU and MASK

---TCU---

BLUETOOTH
aktiv
PORTABLE_BT
aktiv

---MASK---

PHONE_MULF
aktiv
PHONE_BUSINESS
aktiv
PHONE_PROF
aktiv
BLUETOOTH_NODES_MASK
profil_2

I also noticed you are in Denmark so you may need to change the following in the MASK as well:

ECE_TELEFON
aktiv

This is for European phones.

BenAnd 03-11-2012 01:08 PM


Originally Posted by brendinernst (Post 1426355)
The following changes will ne to be made in the TCU and MASK

---TCU---

BLUETOOTH
aktiv
PORTABLE_BT
aktiv

---MASK---

PHONE_MULF
aktiv
PHONE_BUSINESS
aktiv
PHONE_PROF
aktiv
BLUETOOTH_NODES_MASK
profil_2

I also noticed you are in Denmark so you may need to change the following in the MASK as well:

ECE_TELEFON
aktiv

This is for European phones.


Hi brendinernst

Thanks a lot , super with information's like that :thumbsup:

Kind Regards
BenAnd/Denmark

spediegunz 03-12-2012 09:35 AM

hey man I'm about to do the retrofit myself I'm kinda a ncs beginner I can get things done but i kinda gotta follow directions to do it, lol with that said I found these instructions online

You will need to add the correct FA to the VO first.

Read out the trace from the TCU module and set :-

BT_ENABLE aktive

USED_MICROPHONES wert_01 (1 microphone) or wert_02 (2 microphones)

Read the trace for CAPPL (ccc_app) and set:-

BLUETOOTH_NODES_CCC profile_1 or profile_1 (not sure on this one, mines profile_2)

TELEFON_TYPE_C08 lots of options on this one (mines set to ece_phone for european mobiles)

PHONE_VERSION most-phone1-1mic

Read the trace for CCC_ASK (ccc-audio) and set:-

PHONE_VERSION most-phone1-1mic

I want to know in comparison to your instructions how does this differ and what will work better for me I have CCC not m-ask and my car is an 04 im just upgrading to a bluetooth tcu

brendinernst 03-12-2012 08:05 PM


Originally Posted by spediegunz (Post 1426666)
hey man I'm about to do the retrofit myself I'm kinda a ncs beginner I can get things done but i kinda gotta follow directions to do it, lol with that said I found these instructions online

You will need to add the correct FA to the VO first.

Read out the trace from the TCU module and set :-

BT_ENABLE aktive

USED_MICROPHONES wert_01 (1 microphone) or wert_02 (2 microphones)

Read the trace for CAPPL (ccc_app) and set:-

BLUETOOTH_NODES_CCC profile_1 or profile_1 (not sure on this one, mines profile_2)

TELEFON_TYPE_C08 lots of options on this one (mines set to ece_phone for european mobiles)

PHONE_VERSION most-phone1-1mic

Read the trace for CCC_ASK (ccc-audio) and set:-

PHONE_VERSION most-phone1-1mic

I want to know in comparison to your instructions how does this differ and what will work better for me I have CCC not m-ask and my car is an 04 im just upgrading to a bluetooth tcu

Those instructions are for cars with CCC (Navigation) the instructions I gave above were for cars with M-ASK (No Navigation) You can go the Vehicle Order route by I found that changing the settings individually in the M-ASK and TCU was a lot less frustrating and most importantly it works. The instructions you posted are correct hand have worked for people with CCC. One thing I would like to point out is that BLUETOOTH_NODES_CCC should always be set to profile_2 from what I have gathered.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:42 AM.


© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands