Archived Sales A read only forum of all past vendor sales.

ModBargains | JuiceBox 3 Processor 535i SERIOUS PERFORMANCE GAINS!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 03:06 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E30 325e & E46 ZHP Vert

Hello everyone. We're proud to introduce to you guys, the E60.net community, the JuiceBox 3 for your 535! One of the best processors out there to safely increase HP and TQ to have the best performing BMW.

Looking for more boost, smoother throttle response, and a higher level of engine safety? You own the 'Ultimate Driving Machine,' so why not push out all the 'juice' you can in your N54. With the arrival of BMS's new Juice Box 3 all of this can be had and much more. The JB3 is a completely new hardware platform designed by BMS specifically for tuning the N54 engine. Unlike the Xede or Interceptor that are bought from the manufacturer and relabeled, the JB3 is based on the PIC 18FXXX family of programmable microcontrollers along with the hardware, firmware, and software designed by BMS to cater to the N54. As a result, the JB3 allows for a higher boost level on pump gas, smoother partial throttle performance, and enhanced engine safety at higher boost; All of this in the simplest and more reliable of platform, exactly meeting the needs of you and your N54 without extras to jack up the cost or complicate things. The JB3 will come in two versions, the Plug and Play and the Pin Out version, there will likely be a huge shortage on release for the Plug and Play version, those that opt for the Pin Out ($200.00 Less) version will be more readily available to ship.

^JB3 Unit

Features
The microcontroller programming of the JB3 allows for a whole new level of tuning for the N54.
1 - CPS offset (AKA "timing control"), allows a little more boost on pump gas, which was not capable with the JB2. In addition, boost will be mapped by RPM which is now fed in from the Crank Position Sensor.
2 - AIT (Air intake temperature based boost decay). As temperatures rise due to surrounding conditions and extended loads, the ECU actually raises boost, which is good enough for the factory tune, but with the JB2, BMS has been limiting boost to account for the most extreme conditions. With AIT based boost decay the JB3 will auto-tune itself on the fly for the current conditions. High-temperature (>90 degrees) performance will be similar, but when temperatures are cooler the JB3 be able to increase power considerably. Those of you with intercoolers will really benefit from this processor.
3 - Throttle based boost input. The JB3 will adjust the boost targets as a function of throttle input for smoother partial throttle performance.
4 - Fuel pressure remapping. As a part of the 29.2/v81 compliance package, by remapping the fuel pressure more fuel can be sneaked past the ECU. Since the ECU is measuring fuel consumption now to determine if you have a tune this is a critical benefit for diagnostic invisibility.
5 - "Direct solenoid control". The JBX series relies on vacuum line configurations to trick the ECU into a higher solenoid duty cycle, which actually works well. But the JB3 handles the I/O of the solenoids directly, eliminating the need for any changes to the vacuum lines. BMS has developed a method to adjust the solenoid duty cycles without having to replicate the internal boost control system and without having to add an external power tap or huge resistors.
6 - Multi-position persistent (e.g. stays where you set it) map switch. This allows you to go between stock, 91, 93, and the race gas tune on the fly with the turn of a dial. No more turning the car off first, and no more issues with leaving the race map on 24/7! Wireless options are not planned for now, but there are other options in the works for easy map switching from in the car.
7 - Lean-cruise mode, for those of you looking for maximum fuel economy on your private roads. Ideally selectable via the map switch. BMS is also toying around with the idea of nerfing boost on this map to 2-3 psi, so your 535 feels like a 530. Perfect for saving when you need to and feeding the beast when you have to!
8 - Plug and play harness. The JB3 harness is color keyed and completely plug and play for super easy install. Power and ground come through the harness directly so there are no external taps or grounds, and no extracting of power wires. Just the 4 ECU sub connectors.
BMS also offers a pin out harness for a less expensive alternative. There are 11 pins total so install on the pin out will be for professionals only.

Results/Gains
As far as results go, it will all depend on mapping and boost levels. BMS strongly believes and advises in the use of a boost taper and avoid putting extreme loads on the compressors. The race gas mapping is expected to be similar to JBX race gas mapping, meaning a little over 400rwhp on race gas.
The real benefit of the JB3 will be in the pump gas power, drivability, diagnostic invisibility, and ease of install/removal.

^Pin out harness: Color coded for ease of install, but suggested for experienced enthusiasts / professionals only.

Plug and play harness: Note the lack of external ground and external power taps/pin outs. BMS designed the JB3 to be extremely low current (e.g. the unit draws less than 10ma and sink less than 500ma), allowing the unit power off the harness directly. This also means no ECU power consumption codes or bulky relays.

Images below are the installed JB3s on the 135 and 335: Note how clean and OEM the install looks, the final version will use matched harness tape. Install takes around 5 minutes once in the ECU and connectors are color coated for ease of install. Black on the left, red on the right. The JB3 itself tucks in the ECU shelf.

Please note these are currently under backorder and are due to become available again on August 21st!!
Preorders are available, call us and order today!

Two available types of JB3 Units
* Plug-n-Play (PnP) Units
* Pin-Out Units

Applications
* E82/E88 135i
* E9x 335i
* E60/E61 535i

To order, please call us at 714-582-3330 or order online by clicking here!
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us via e-mail or phone (714-582-3330).
I am also available to reach personally via PM or e-mail at Roger@ModBargains.com!

Enjoy!!
Old 02-17-2010, 08:02 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2013
Engine: S63

hey Kevin. Do you guys sell the one for N52 engines for a 530i? If so, how much?