Archived Sales A read only forum of all past vendor sales.

Jlevi SW | E60 Black Carbon Fiber Overlay Kits

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 10:02 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jlevi SW now carries the new Black Carbon Fiber Interior Trim Overlay kits by Bimmian. These fit directly over your stock trim and require little if any installation work.

We chose to offer our customers overlay trims in addition to the full trim replacement kits for 2 reasons:
1) the cost of an overlay kit is lower than full replacement kits
2) Certain full replacement trim kits use fiberglass to replicate the OEM trims, onto which a layer of carbon fiber is added for visual effect. Given the production process required to create this fiberglass base, maintaining the tolerances found in OEM plastic trims is not possible, not only that, but the added thickness of the fiberglass base on full replacement kits makes the panels not sit together flush at the points where they meet / overlap. Finally, the fiberglass base of the trim panels are not as strong as the factory plastic bases. On load bearing panels, such as armrests and door handles; over time, the underlying fiberglass will eventually weaken and crack, making the pieces fall off!

What sets these apart from other trims is that they utilize a DRY CARBON production process that yields a higher quality weave and stronger end product for an extremely durable and precise fit.

These are only available in black CF and there are no plans to produce them in silver.

E60 Black Carbon Fiber Overlay Kit- $449

Old 05-23-2008, 11:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525i, mystic blue metallic, black leather interior, dark poplar wood trim, premium package, navigation, iPod, park distance control, voice activation, bluetooth. Mods: Full M-Tech Kit, ACS Rep Rear Window Spoiler, ACS Rep Rear Deck Spoiler, ACS Rep Quad Diffuser, ACS Rep Exhaust Tips, Remus Duel Exhaust, De-badge, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Umnitza Predator Ice V2, HID fog lights, Clear Side Marker Light Bulbs (yellow when on), Dark Poplar Wood Shifter, Dark Poplar Wood e-Brake Handle, Dark Poplar Wood Steering Wheel Inserts, OEM Steel Pedals, OEM M Footrest, 19 inch OEM 121s (Summer), 18 inch 124s (Winter), Shadowline Window Trim, Blacked-out Kidney Grills

What about the rear AC vent piece?

Thanks.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:08 PM
Members

This may be just what I was looking for! It's awesome!

But do you have pics or instructions on the installation? I know it says adhesive but I cannot see that sticking onto the current trim to give a true OEM look. Adhesives always give out and start to peel sooner or later.

Group Buy discount!?????

more infor please
Old 05-23-2008, 03:18 PM
Senior Members

Those aren't included in this kit but all the pieces are pictured.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:19 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bmwpwr' post='587081' date='May 23 2008, 01:08 PM
This may be just what I was looking for! It's awesome!

But do you have pics or instructions on the installation? I know it says adhesive but I cannot see that sticking onto the current trim to give a true OEM look. Adhesives always give out and start to peel sooner or later.

Group Buy discount!?????

more infor please
These have preinstalled adhesive on the back, there is nothing to it but cleaning the surface and just stick it on.

At the moment, we don't have plans for a GB