Archived Sales A read only forum of all past vendor sales.

CA AUTOMOTIVE from the UK

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009 | 03:19 AM
Senior Members

Hi guys. Been a long time since I posted here as I sold my E60 sometime last year. The reason why I am posting again is to warn fellow forumers against buying from a vendor from the UK known as CA AUTOMOTIVE UK.

I got myself an E92 M3 in December 2008 and decided to upgrade to the EISENMANN muffler system. I contacted CA as they were recommended by a friend, got a quotation and transferred the whole amount to them. The price quoted was inclusive freighting from the UK to Singapore.

However, a freight forwarder friend of mine from the UK offeref to send the items to me on the cheap and so I enquired with Roy from CA about this. Roy who was friendly at that time told me that this could be arranged and a refund of the difference less some administration charges would be made into my local bank account. I even checked if they could just use the refund amount to pay off my friend, but they indicated it was not proper accounting procedure for them to do so.

In the meantime, another CA employee, Phil, printed out a "refund invoice" for me which clearly stated the amount that was to be creditted into my account. The mufflers arrived 1st week May and I waited for my refund. I waited and waited, but no refund. I sent a few e-mail messages to CA Automotive but no response was received until I sent one threatening them legal action, etc.... They finally responded saying that it was an error on their part. Their corporate policy is that no refund is possible.

I arranged my own forwarder based on their word and e-mail that there would be a refund. Now they say not possible? Policy? What's up, man? When I threatened to post all e-mail exchanges in all the forums I am with, they discouraged me saying that they would sue me for that. Anyway, I am not resting till I get justice.

E60.net is the very first forum I am posting this story. I will carry on posting till I get my refund either by them admitting that I should, or by getting it thru legal means.

Please, remember my story when you consider dealing with these cheats. They make a couple hundred GBP from each ignorant buyer that comes along....can you imagine what they will make over a year?

CA AUTOMOTIVE - remember this name...NEVER BUY FROM THEM!!!

CA AUTOMOTIVE - if you are reading this and decide legal action against me; please do so; because I have got all our e-mail exchanges and your "REFUND INVOICE" in my possession - BRING IT ON!!!
Old 05-28-2009 | 09:51 AM
Members

I've tried buying or having fitted a number of bits from these guys,
they never get back to you! they also insist H.I.D kits are legal,which I've checked,
D.O.T and police and insurance comps say absolutely not
Old 05-28-2009 | 12:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Sorry to hear your bad experience with that vendor. Thanks for sharing. I hope everything works out the best for you. GL.
Old 05-28-2009 | 06:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

I ordered some m5 mirrors them. They were going to have to make them and it was going to take 2 weeks to make so I decided I couldn't wait so I cancelled the order. When I cancelled they said the billing lady wasn't there. It took over a week to get the refund.
Old 05-28-2009 | 06:21 PM
Senior Members

Thanks for the heads-up.
Old 05-29-2009 | 12:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i Mods: M5 sporty package, M5 Steering wheel, Sprint Booster

Noted and thanks. Sorry to hear about your case.
Old 05-31-2009 | 07:40 AM
Senior Members

Thanks for your concern guys. I will get to the bottom of this, no matter what. If it costs me to go legal, thats what I will do because I got their e-mail messages telling me about the refund, etc, and if the law in the UK is similar to that in SIngapore, which should be, then I will get to claim costs from them too.

Will keep you guys posted.
Old 08-02-2009 | 06:49 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 E60 M5 (Sepang Bronze/Natural Brown) Eisenmann Exhaust with Miesterchaft Sections 1 & 2 Evosport Headers Evosport Pulley RPi Scoops & Block Off Plates with BMC Filters Eibach Pro-Kit Springs 20" Breyton Race CS in Polished Silver

I've had no problems with them so far. I order my stuff over the phone and everything has been smooth and legitimate. But I guess you said it, ignorance is no excuse.