Archived Sales A read only forum of all past vendor sales.

Axxis Deluxe brakes

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 09:43 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to be needing a brake job whithin the next month. I'm looking to get Axxis deluxe brake pads. Who has the best prices? Do I have to change the rotors and sensors as well? I know BMW replaces them with every brake job. Is this necessary? Thanks!
Old 01-27-2010, 10:38 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

I can help with getting you brakes

most of our customers are running with posi-quiet pads, they have the same description as the Axxis Deluxe
Old 01-27-2010, 11:27 AM
Contributors

Get me prices on both Axxis deluxe and what you recommend. 2004 545. Thanks. Will I need the sensors as well? if so how much are they?
Old 01-27-2010, 12:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 330I ZHP

Originally Posted by ScorpioBMW1
I'm going to be needing a brake job whithin the next month. I'm looking to get Axxis deluxe brake pads. Who has the best prices? Do I have to change the rotors and sensors as well? I know BMW replaces them with every brake job. Is this necessary? Thanks!
Posi-Quiet Pads ARE GARBAGE! They are the worst Pads you can get for your BMW. I would go with some Axxis ULT, StopTech Performance Pads, or Performance Friction Z-Rated pads...

-Anthony@F1 Autohaus
Old 01-27-2010, 12:57 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Anthony@F1 Autoha?s
Posi-Quiet Pads ARE GARBAGE! They are the worst Pads you can get for your BMW. I would go with some Axxis ULT, StopTech Performance Pads, or Performance Friction Z-Rated pads...

-Anthony@F1 Autohaus
Prices please?
Old 01-27-2010, 10:12 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F10 M5
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Anthony@F1 Autoha?s

-Anthony@F1 Autohaus
Anthony,

The posi quiet pads are not garbage and definitely not the worst for any BMW. They are decent brake pads for the price. They provide decent stopping power, very low noise, and low dust as well. Yes the Axxis Ultimates are really good, but they squeak A LOT.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:42 PM
Members

Exclamation

I've been comparing different brake pads, and hope you guys can help me decide (now, play nice).

I want decent pad performance, at least equivalent to OEM, but I want much MUCH LESS brake dust than my OEM pads.
The pads should be rotor-friendly too. I won't autocross or do a track day, but they should also be able to handle the heat of spirited driving in the mountains without fade.

I also plan to replace the OEM rotors with either Centric or R1 Concepts replacement rotors (same size as OEM)---- for 545 with Sport package.

Now, without slamming the other guy's products, tell me which pad you recommend and WHY----- keep in mind my criteria listed above.

Up to now I thought Axxis Deluxe pads (not Axxis ULT) looked like the best choice (for my needs) but I hear they are being phased out.

thanks for your help.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:05 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F10 M5
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by timmer
I've been comparing different brake pads, and hope you guys can help me decide (now, play nice).

I want decent pad performance, at least equivalent to OEM, but I want much MUCH LESS brake dust than my OEM pads.
The pads should be rotor-friendly too. I won't autocross or do a track day, but they should also be able to handle the heat of spirited driving in the mountains without fade.

I also plan to replace the OEM rotors with either Centric or R1 Concepts replacement rotors (same size as OEM)---- for 545 with Sport package.

Now, without slamming the other guy's products, tell me which pad you recommend and WHY----- keep in mind my criteria listed above.

Up to now I thought Axxis Deluxe pads (not Axxis ULT) looked like the best choice (for my needs) but I hear they are being phased out.

thanks for your help.
If you want a decent performance pad I would get the Posi Quiet Ceramic pads or Semi Metallic pads. The ceramic pads are great once they are heated up and will have less fade than the semi metallic pads. The semi metallic pads will have a better bite in the beginning, but will have more fade than the ceramic pads. If you don't mind the "delayed" bite from the ceramic pads then get the ceramics if you do semi metallic pads are good.

I had my 545i with the R1concept Premium rotors slotted/drilled, but we offer blanks as well

I had Axxis Deluxe pads and I loved them, but once they stopped producing more of them I went with the posi quiet semi metallic's then sold the car. I hope this helps making your decision.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:45 AM
Contributors

I guess you guys don't want to make a sale. I have asked a few times for pricing and still no response.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:34 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Jet Black '05 545i, Sport/Premium Pkg, Steptronic, Adaptive Xenon, Nav, L7, Blue2th, PDC,

Originally Posted by Trinity Autosport
Anthony,

The posi quiet pads are not garbage and definitely not the worst for any BMW. They are decent brake pads for the price. They provide decent stopping power, very low noise, and low dust as well. Yes the Axxis Ultimates are really good, but they squeak A LOT.
Joe (i think thats his name) is absolutely right and I can confirm this!! i had the axxis ultimates and THESE WERE GARBAGE!!! i put on 2k miles on them and they still made noise. i think they're not compatible with any rotors if you ask me. and to say these squeak a lot is and understatement. no matter how many bedding attemps i performed, the damn squeal just would not go away. DO NOT, and I repeat, DO NOT buy these unless you love to squeal haha. IMO they are good for only track use. go with posi-quiets.

Quick Reply: Axxis Deluxe brakes