7 Series Discussion A place for 7 series owners and those curious.

E65/E66 7 series photo thread.

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 03:17 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 06 750Li, & 03 E500 & 06 550i

OneofOne, Shaz-as a newbie, you might want to tone down your comments a bit because being new and no one knowing you, means you come across like a schmuck with your comments. They are a bit insulting on a few levels.

Respectfully, everyone has a right to their opinions and certainly I dont like what everyone does to their cars, but I appreciate their individual tastes and wanting to make it their own. What I like doesnt mean I expect everyone will appreciate either but the last thing I would ever do is insult someone on their choice.

Just out of curiosity, you mention generation, but you might want to do a little research before you make that comment because everyone here on the 7s range from 18 to 45 and maybe one or two older. I am 45 and below is a photo of my "destroyed" "Clown" 750Li, with its hideous oversized huge lip rims. But if you are ok with driving a car that looks like 100,000 others with nothing unique, then more power to you. Enjoy and find another site that caters to old men that are stuffy and critical of others.

Old 07-01-2009, 03:30 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pkancel' post='929899' date='Jul 1 2009, 04:17 PM
OneofOne, Shaz-as a newbie, you might want to tone down your comments a bit because being new and no one knowing you, means you come across like a schmuck with your comments. They are a bit insulting on a few levels.

I am 45 and below is a photo of my "destroyed" "Clown" 750Li, with its hideous oversized huge lip rims.

Man, I cant believe you destoryed such a nice car.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:42 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by OneOfOne' post='927065
yeah I know its a free country but damn, doesnt taste mean anything anymore? these cars dont need to be 'dropped' and blinged with satellite dish sized rims and horrific paint jobs. whatever happened to subtlety?
I personally think these cars look 10,000 times better when they are lowered. Even on stock wheels, I feel these cars have to be lowered. As for the satellite dish sized rims and horrific paint, thats personal preference. I dont consider 22"s on a big body to be in that "satellite dish sized" catagory.

Last, in my opinion, Stock Stucks. They only decent wheel BMW built for the 7 series was the 21" Style 128. Other than that, most of the stock rims are nasty.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:05 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Sam@sleekmotoring' post='929907' date='Jul 1 2009, 04:30 PM
Man, I cant believe you destoryed such a nice car.

Detroyed it with 22s, huge lips and those darn kids that talked me into lowering it
Old 07-02-2009, 11:12 PM
Members

Originally Posted by pkancel' post='929899' date='Jul 1 2009, 07:17 PM

Respectfully, everyone has a right to their opinions and certainly I dont like what everyone does to their cars, but I appreciate their individual tastes and wanting to make it their own. What I like doesnt mean I expect everyone will appreciate either but the last thing I would ever do is insult someone on their choice.

Just out of curiosity, you mention generation, but you might want to do a little research before you make that comment because everyone here on the 7s range from 18 to 45 and maybe one or two older. I am 45 and below is a photo of my "destroyed" "Clown" 750Li, with its hideous oversized huge lip rims. But if you are ok with driving a car that looks like 100,000 others with nothing unique, then more power to you. Enjoy and find another site that caters to old men that are stuffy and critical of others.

maybe you shouldn't be so thin skinned. no one mentioned any individual so no individual should be offended. forums are about opinions and information not censorship. I don't care what anyone thinks of what I do to my car and if someone wants to comment on it its their right. that's what forums are about. more so that's how adults act. so accordingly you can attempt to pigeon hole me or call names [wtf is shaz-az?] it doesn't faze me at all. just put my comments on ignore and you wont have to see them. the others who commented on my comment did so fairly and in the right manner. its give and take, live and learn. as I said, I do not care what YOU or any individual does to their car. its theirs to enjoy. end of discussion.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See sig :)

now now newbs, behave
Old 07-03-2009, 01:36 PM
Members

Originally Posted by OneOfOne' post='931477' date='Jul 3 2009, 12:12 AM
maybe you shouldn't be so thin skinned. no one mentioned any individual so no individual should be offended. forums are about opinions and information not censorship. I don't care what anyone thinks of what I do to my car and if someone wants to comment on it its their right. that's what forums are about. more so that's how adults act. so accordingly you can attempt to pigeon hole me or call names [wtf is shaz-az?] it doesn't faze me at all. just put my comments on ignore and you wont have to see them. the others who commented on my comment did so fairly and in the right manner. its give and take, live and learn. as I said, I do not care what YOU or any individual does to their car. its theirs to enjoy. end of discussion.

OneOfOne, you might want to re-read what you wrote because regardless of whether you mentioned any individual or not, you certainly did make offensive direct comments to most of those on this forum. As you said, everyone has a right to their opinion, but do it with some taste and then you dont have to worry about being attacked.

I didnt say anything different than the others except that I called you out on your specific comments. Enough said.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:15 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by OneOfOne' post='927065' date='Jun 29 2009, 12:23 AM
I am very new here and on a couple of other bmw sites because I have a thing for the last gen 06-7 750i but just like the benz forums and lexus forums it seem that a large number of posters have a thing for destroying the look of the big sedans with hideous oversized huge lipped rims. WHY??????? they look like clown cars. is it a generational thing? yeah I know its a free country but damn, doesnt taste mean anything anymore? these cars dont need to be 'dropped' and blinged with satellite dish sized rims and horrific paint jobs. whatever happened to subtlety?
I personally consider these to be offensive comments, on both "Destroying the look", and the "Generational thing" statements. Those 2 statements are what originally made me respond to the original quote. I personally think that doing common aftermarket mods actually improve the look and the feel of the car. How can someone from my generation, or even yours, turn the 7 into a clown car by just putting a set of 22" staggered wheels with the decent lip, and lowering the car?
Old 07-03-2009, 02:25 PM
Senior Members

Here is one of my all time favorite modded 7 series.

I think its sitting on 24x9.5 wheels.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:13 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Sam@sleekmotoring' post='931963' date='Jul 3 2009, 06:15 PM
I personally consider these to be offensive comments, on both "Destroying the look", and the "Generational thing" statements. Those 2 statements are what originally made me respond to the original quote. I personally think that doing common aftermarket mods actually improve the look and the feel of the car. How can someone from my generation, or even yours, turn the 7 into a clown car by just putting a set of 22" staggered wheels with the decent lip, and lowering the car?

you appear to be in the business of selling mods for car owners. good for you and good luck in your business. however what you quote me as saying regarding the huge lips et al is not in any way related to your own follow up comment regarding decent lipped rims and so on. my personal opinion like yours is irrelevant to most people which I can accept without a problem. people should take the time to comprehend what others write and then not have a hair trigger to immediately respond and maybe things like this wouldnt happen. and so there is no mistaking what I said regarding your business it is meant sincerely like everything I write.