7 Series Discussion A place for 7 series owners and those curious.

B'fest alter-ego's

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 04:49 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by schulrog' post='748460' date='Dec 19 2008, 12:48 AM
schulrog = schulrog lol I got banned too from BF bc i posted a link to my e64 vert module video on google video that had my store website on it. Oh and by the way, they DO read your "private" PMs!
They not only made www.aftermarketbulbsshop.com a bad work that appears as ********* but also blocked my IP address haha. I am so glad to see so many fellow friends from BF here now. the funny thing is that the sense of community is stronger here without mods pushing it and making everyone conform. although threads here have a tendancy to briefly go off on a tangent, I LOVE reading them bc it adds a little more personality and connectedness between people and always seems to get back on track all by its self without mods deleting posts that aren't "on topic"
The use of "***********" to replace ***.com addresses is common on "commercially" sponsored forums. They of course allow those sites that PAY for sponsorship to put theirs up ok. You won't find that occuring here nor typically on other private non-commercial/profit forums, but it is always good to communicate with admins just so they are aware of someone plugging their own site (I do mine as do many others) just as a courtesy - but again not mandatory on most non-profit sites. Sometimes you have to "work" the system on commercial sites by putting in a space or two in the utl address to get around the automatic detection feature these sites have. Of course this is all a mute point to you and me being banned from bf.c and all

And to add to the body of evidence as to banning process on bf.c I had never uttered a single word in any post of mine that was negative of that forum or a person. It was indeed attributed to content in PM. Wheather read by admin or not I do not know as it could have just as easily been the recipient of the PM that "turned me in" to the Gestapo, oops I mean the fine folks at bf.c, ooops no I mean Gestapo.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:07 AM
Members

My Ride: 04' 745Li Jet Black

Originally Posted by schulrog' post='748460' date='Dec 19 2008, 12:48 AM
schulrog = schulrog lol I got banned too from BF bc i posted a link to my e64 vert module video on google video that had my store website on it. Oh and by the way, they DO read your "private" PMs!
They not only made www.aftermarketbulbsshop.com a bad work that appears as ********* but also blocked my IP address haha. I am so glad to see so many fellow friends from BF here now. the funny thing is that the sense of community is stronger here without mods pushing it and making everyone conform. although threads here have a tendancy to briefly go off on a tangent, I LOVE reading them bc it adds a little more personality and connectedness between people and always seems to get back on track all by its self without mods deleting posts that aren't "on topic"
and the list keeps growing,
with that many complains, that site is becoming pathetic now
Old 12-19-2008, 09:16 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rafa7' post='748745' date='Dec 19 2008, 08:07 AM
and the list keeps growing,
with that many complains, that site is becoming pathetic now
Go check under the site feedback on that forum. Every now and then, someone else gets banned. Oh well, time to move on. E60 is my new home.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See sig :)

Haha cultfest FTL
Old 12-19-2008, 02:25 PM
Members

Voted
Old 01-12-2009, 09:42 PM
Contributors

Lots of votes, lots of 7er guys, but where did you all go lol
Old 01-12-2009, 10:44 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tbal' post='766507' date='Jan 12 2009, 10:42 PM
Lots of votes, lots of 7er guys, but where did you all go lol

Thats the same thing I was wondering.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:20 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by cobradav' post='748640' date='Dec 19 2008, 09:49 AM
The use of "***********" to replace ***.com addresses is common on "commercially" sponsored forums. They of course allow those sites that PAY for sponsorship to put theirs up ok. You won't find that occuring here nor typically on other private non-commercial/profit forums, but it is always good to communicate with admins just so they are aware of someone plugging their own site (I do mine as do many others) just as a courtesy - but again not mandatory on most non-profit sites. Sometimes you have to "work" the system on commercial sites by putting in a space or two in the utl address to get around the automatic detection feature these sites have. Of course this is all a mute point to you and me being banned from bf.c and all

And to add to the body of evidence as to banning process on bf.c I had never uttered a single word in any post of mine that was negative of that forum or a person. It was indeed attributed to content in PM. Wheather read by admin or not I do not know as it could have just as easily been the recipient of the PM that "turned me in" to the Gestapo, oops I mean the fine folks at bf.c, ooops no I mean Gestapo.
Well the best part about it was that you can post links to ebay or any other site as long as the person owning the store isn't a member. as soon as you become a member they want $ if someone mentions your site. the "****" happened when not I but another known member posted a link to my site for a product and I got a PM saying that such behavior will not be tolerated.. I was just like WTF is going on lol
Old 01-13-2009, 08:45 AM
Members

My Ride: 04' 745Li Jet Black

yep, where is everybody?
Old 01-16-2009, 12:10 PM
Contributors

Ya, wheres sunny? i think hes chillin over at x5world these days

Quick Reply: B'fest alter-ego's