6 Series Discussion A place for 6 series coupe, convertible, M6 owners and those curious.

Transmission Problems!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 01:04 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: See sig :)
Smile

Grrr kinda pissed off, I guess it was going to happen, I couldnt ignore it so long lol...

Here are the different symptons I am having...

-When come to a stop, slight jerking movement, or upon acceleration, same jerky movement. However it cannot ALWAYS be produced, happens time to time.

-Twice, over a 2month span, once I left the stoplights, my revs kept climbing as if I was in N, but car wasnt moving! Indeed it was in D. After, putting it into, N, than D... it was okay.

-Sometimes, when driving in step (m1, m2 etc) automatically it goes back to "DS" espcially on hard accelerations (no stepdown). This can be produced 2-3/10 times

Resetting the transmission (hold down accel) trick did not have ANY effect, these problems continued to arise...

Software issue? Seems like it started happening since the last software update... Any thoughts? Anyone else encounter this problem on thier 545/645?

Cheers
Old 02-02-2009, 01:23 PM
Members

My Ride: CLS55 AMG

warranty?
Old 02-02-2009, 01:24 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

I have never heard of M mode going back to D/S. I would give the dealer a call. Are you still under warranty?
Old 02-02-2009, 01:31 PM
Contributors

Still under CPO warranty thankfully... But the issue is, all the above problems arent always re-produceable, hence bmw usually says O nothings wrong. Car feels so sluggish and slow than before too. (on stock 19s)
Old 02-02-2009, 01:34 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tbal' post='783414' date='Feb 2 2009, 05:04 PM
Grrr kinda pissed off, I guess it was going to happen, I couldnt ignore it so long lol...

Here are the different symptons I am having...

-When come to a stop, slight jerking movement, or upon acceleration, same jerky movement. However it cannot ALWAYS be produced, happens time to time.

-Twice, over a 2month span, once I left the stoplights, my revs kept climbing as if I was in N, but car wasnt moving! Indeed it was in D. After, putting it into, N, than D... it was okay.

-Sometimes, when driving in step (m1, m2 etc) automatically it goes back to "DS" espcially on hard accelerations (no stepdown). This can be produced 2-3/10 times

Resetting the transmission (hold down accel) trick did not have ANY effect, these problems continued to arise...

Software issue? Seems like it started happening since the last software update... Any thoughts? Anyone else encounter this problem on thier 545/645?

Cheers
Since you cannot reproduce on demand and happens sporadically, sounds a lot like software issue...I had some clunkeyness from time to time in my 645 when downshifting to come to a stop, but that is the torque converter and software controls it...never had any other issues though, thankfully...take it in
Old 02-02-2009, 01:40 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by tbal' post='783436' date='Feb 2 2009, 05:31 PM
Still under CPO warranty thankfully... But the issue is, all the above problems arent always re-produceable, hence bmw usually says O nothings wrong. Car feels so sluggish and slow than before too. (on stock 19s)
Just ask the head technician to take a ride with you. And drive for a few miles. If your lucky it will happen. This is what I did for my transmission and steering knock.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:35 PM
Contributors

Feels like a software issue for sure, never had any sounds luckly, than again maybe the exhaust is too loud to tell lol

Thanks guys, I will take the head tech for a ride and figure out what the heck is going on
Old 02-02-2009, 03:03 PM
Senior Members

Its those big ass rims.

Just joking bro.

How ever, when you put 28s, 30s or 32s on a h2, dont expect the brakes or transmission to last too long. A friend of ours put 28's on his H2, and within 1 year, that transmission started slippping hard.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:23 PM
Contributors

lol I havent had the 22s on for months now... since the last dealership visit, the did some programming, and update the software I assume... since then idrive runs like poo, and this tranny problem
Old 02-02-2009, 03:56 PM
Members

If it started after last software update...try to flash differnt software and see if it helps.

Quick Reply: Transmission Problems!