6 Series Discussion A place for 6 series coupe, convertible, M6 owners and those curious.

Supersprint exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 12:36 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 645 Ci, Individual Stratusgrey Metallic with individual grey leather Individual Stratos metallic, Shadow line, Black Individual leather, 19'' ellisoid, Panorama sunroof, PDC, Dynamic drive, Adaptive steering, Adaptive headlights, Voice control, Logic 7, Prof sat nav, BT phone, TV, Heated Sport seats, Ski sac, light pakket, CD-changer. Mods (so far): iPod interface, K&N Airfilter.

It's almost two months ago that my Supersprint exhaust was installed....

Supersprint exhaust-cimg3165.jpg
Supersprint exhaust-cimg3162.jpg
Supersprint exhaust-dsc_4220_2.jpg

I must say, I am very disappointed by the sound. :thumbsdown:
I don't want the sound to be too loud that's why I bought the centre-pipe with the resonators.
The sound is almost like stock, but at higher revs the sound is more agressive.
I am actually thinking of having the centre-resonator cut out and replaced by pipes.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

I'm sure if you take out the resonators it will sound much, much better. If its still not as loud as you like, try putting on a glass pack where your resonator is.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:00 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 645 Ci, Individual Stratusgrey Metallic with individual grey leather Individual Stratos metallic, Shadow line, Black Individual leather, 19'' ellisoid, Panorama sunroof, PDC, Dynamic drive, Adaptive steering, Adaptive headlights, Voice control, Logic 7, Prof sat nav, BT phone, TV, Heated Sport seats, Ski sac, light pakket, CD-changer. Mods (so far): iPod interface, K&N Airfilter.

Originally Posted by AKAlius' post='681186' date='Sep 29 2008, 11:09 PM
I'm sure if you take out the resonators it will sound much, much better. If its still not as loud as you like, try putting on a glass pack where your resonator is.
What is a glass pack?

Do you mean removing all resonators? I was thinking of just removing the resonator of the Supersprint X-pipe.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

Originally Posted by Doc Horror' post='681851' date='Sep 30 2008, 01:00 PM
What is a glass pack?

Do you mean removing all resonators? I was thinking of just removing the resonator of the Supersprint X-pipe.
hey Doc,
A Glass Pack is usually used in place of either a resonator or exhaust muffler, usually a resonator. It does the exact opposite of the resonators job. Instead of making the sound quiter it actually makes it louder. It is a fiberglass filled cylindrical piping with a drilled straight pipe running through it, thus allowing it to create more sound and giving it, it's name. After the fiberglass settles it gets even louder, as some have said.

I would first, just remove the resonator of the supersprint x pipe while keeping the x-pipe if possible. If it's still not loud enough, then I would try to add a glass pack, wich is very affordable.

GL!
Old 10-01-2008, 01:40 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by AKAlius' post='681938' date='Sep 30 2008, 09:30 PM
hey Doc,
A Glass Pack is usually used in place of either a resonator or exhaust muffler, usually a resonator. It does the exact opposite of the resonators job. Instead of making the sound quiter it actually makes it louder. It is a fiberglass filled cylindrical piping with a drilled straight pipe running through it, thus allowing it to create more sound and giving it, it's name. After the fiberglass settles it gets even louder, as some have said.

I would first, just remove the resonator of the supersprint x pipe while keeping the x-pipe if possible. If it's still not loud enough, then I would try to add a glass pack, wich is very affordable.

GL!

Thanks for advice!!!
Old 10-01-2008, 02:14 PM
Contributors

NP!
Old 10-16-2008, 11:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by Doc Horror' post='681159' date='Sep 29 2008, 03:36 PM
It's almost two months ago that my Supersprint exhaust was installed....

I must say, I am very disappointed by the sound. :thumbsdown:
I don't want the sound to be too loud that's why I bought the centre-pipe with the resonators.
The sound is almost like stock, but at higher revs the sound is more agressive.
I am actually thinking of having the centre-resonator cut out and replaced by pipes.
Doc,

A week ago, I had my Eisenmann Race installed. Coming from a bolt-on Magnaflow exhaust, I was accustomed to the loud, deep sound of this muffler. Switching to Eisenmann Race with all 3 resonators intact sounded almost stock-like except for high-revving top runs. I ended up going back this morning and had all 3 of my resonators removed. Loudness and droning are very subjective to each person. IMHO, the end result is perfect. Louder than stock, and very minimal droning if any at all -- it's less than when I had the Magnaflow for sure. I'm running a Y and straight-pipe to the Eisenmann.

Give it a try, I don't think you'll be disappointed
Old 10-16-2008, 09:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See sig :)

take out all the resonators, put in a xpipe, you will love the sound!
Old 10-17-2008, 11:22 AM
Senior Members

Today, I had the resonator removed from the Supersprint X-pipe in a fashion that it is still exchangable.

The sound is now about perfect for me (not too loud, but a very nice low V8 sound which gets a bit agressive when the revs go up)
Old 10-17-2008, 11:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by Doc Horror' post='695772' date='Oct 17 2008, 02:22 PM
Today, I had the resonator removed from the Supersprint X-pipe in a fashion that it is still exchangable.

The sound is now about perfect for me (not too loud, but a very nice low V8 sound which gets a bit agressive when the revs go up)
Booo... where are the sound clips?

Quick Reply: Supersprint exhaust